Citi

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – After I applied I received an email stating I needed to take an online test to continue in the application process. The online test consists of listening to customer phone calls and transcribing the information correctly (account numbers, phone numbers, etc.). It wasn't very fast so the test is pretty easy and also had nothing to do with the job I applied for so I think everyone has to do it to show you know English and how to use a keyboard. It is timed and you can't quit in the middle so make sure you set an hour aside to get it done, or however long the email says it will take.

Next, I received an email stating I passed the online test. Then another email came stating I would be called for a phone interview and I had to pick a time slot. I don't remember too much about the phone interview but I think it was just questions about my past job experience and why I think I'd be a good fit for the job so make sure you read the job description and use that to make your argument for why you should get hired stronger.

After that I received another email from an HR person stating the last step was an in-person interview with a name, date/time, and location. I think he called me too but he did leave his contact info so I could contact him if needed.

On your interview day, REMEMBER YOUR INTERVIEWER'S NAME. When I was waiting in the Citi lobby for my interview, another guy came in for his interview and couldn't remember his interviewer's name. Therefore, the concierge people could not contact the interviewer to tell them the guy was there. He had to run out to his car (not a short walk to the parking garage) to find it.

Be prepared for some small talk too. The Citi complex is multiple buildings so the walk with your interviewer from the lobby to your interview area will be a few minutes.

The in-person interview consisted of the expected interview questions and a few job specific questions. But it's not expected that you'll completely understand the job, just prove you're smart enough to make it through the training that teaches you the job.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a time when I did something that made everyone else's job easier (like found a computer shortcut, created a macro, wrote a manual, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take the offered salary or leave it ($44,000).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi AML Compliance Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.