Citi AML Compliance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions
No, the temp agency was firm.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

Waiting on temp agency. I was told they were waiting on citi to make a decision as they needed more than 20 employees. Temp agency did interview which was easy and precise for position. Then they would submit information to citi then citi would chose who they would interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

After I applied I received an email stating I needed to take an online test to continue in the application process. The online test consists of listening to customer phone calls and transcribing the information correctly (account numbers, phone numbers, etc.). It wasn't very fast so the test is pretty easy and also had nothing to do with the job I applied for so I think everyone has to do it to show you know English and how to use a keyboard. It is timed and you can't quit in the middle so make sure you set an hour aside to get it done, or however long the email says it will take.

Next, I received an email stating I passed the online test. Then another email came stating I would be called for a phone interview and I had to pick a time slot. I don't remember too much about the phone interview but I think it was just questions about my past job experience and why I think I'd be a good fit for the job so make sure you read the job description and use that to make your argument for why you should get hired stronger.

After that I received another email from an HR person stating the last step was an in-person interview with a name, date/time, and location. I think he called me too but he did leave his contact info so I could contact him if needed.

On your interview day, REMEMBER YOUR INTERVIEWER'S NAME. When I was waiting in the Citi lobby for my interview, another guy came in for his interview and couldn't remember his interviewer's name. Therefore, the concierge people could not contact the interviewer to tell them the guy was there. He had to run out to his car (not a short walk to the parking garage) to find it.

Be prepared for some small talk too. The Citi complex is multiple buildings so the walk with your interviewer from the lobby to your interview area will be a few minutes.

The in-person interview consisted of the expected interview questions and a few job specific questions. But it's not expected that you'll completely understand the job, just prove you're smart enough to make it through the training that teaches you the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time when I did something that made everyone else's job easier (like found a computer shortcut, created a macro, wrote a manual, etc.).   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take the offered salary or leave it ($44,000).