Citi AML Compliance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I Applied online through Randstad Staffing Agency. The entire process took about 2 months total. I was contacted over the phone by staffing recruiter. A phone interview was then arranged and conducted by a Citi Representative. This was the only interview conducted during the process. I later received an offer 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, the temp agency was firm.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Waiting on temp agency. I was told they were waiting on citi to make a decision as they needed more than 20 employees. Temp agency did interview which was easy and precise for position. Then they would submit information to citi then citi would chose who they would interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

After I applied I received an email stating I needed to take an online test to continue in the application process. The online test consists of listening to customer phone calls and transcribing the information correctly (account numbers, phone numbers, etc.). It wasn't very fast so the test is pretty easy and also had nothing to do with the job I applied for so I think everyone has to do it to show you know English and how to use a keyboard. It is timed and you can't quit in the middle so make sure you set an hour aside to get it done, or however long the email says it will take. Next, I received an email stating I passed the online test. Then another email came stating I would be called for a phone interview and I had to pick a time slot. I don't remember too much about the phone interview but I think it was just questions about my past job experience and why I think I'd be a good fit for the job so make sure you read the job description and use that to make your argument for why you should get hired stronger. After that I received another email from an HR person stating the last step was an in-person interview with a name, date/time, and location. I think he called me too but he did leave his contact info so I could contact him if needed. On your interview day, REMEMBER YOUR INTERVIEWER'S NAME. When I was waiting in the Citi lobby for my interview, another guy came in for his interview and couldn't remember his interviewer's name. Therefore, the concierge people could not contact the interviewer to tell them the guy was there. He had to run out to his car (not a short walk to the parking garage) to find it. Be prepared for some small talk too. The Citi complex is multiple buildings so the walk with your interviewer from the lobby to your interview area will be a few minutes. The in-person interview consisted of the expected interview questions and a few job specific questions. But it's not expected that you'll completely understand the job, just prove you're smart enough to make it through the training that teaches you the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time when I did something that made everyone else's job easier (like found a computer shortcut, created a macro, wrote a manual, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offered salary or leave it ($44,000).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Questionnaire, phone screen, and face to face interview with two managers. Phone screen was a quick 5 question screener with basic questions. Phone interview asked more technical questions and followed the star format.

Interview Questions

• Walk me step by step on how you effectively follow procedures with a past employer?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)) in April 2011.

Interview

First HR will contact the candidate to verify personal information. A face to face interview will be scheduled. in this first interview basic hr questions will be made, about previous work experiences, good situations in which your input was valuable, or bad situations that you helped to solve. they will ask you to describe yourself both your positive attributes and your negative attributes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a positive situation in which your input was valuable to solve the situation   Answer Question