Citi

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Why are you leaving your current job?

The employer is seeking to identify problems you have had in the past that you may carry over into your new job. Always cite positive reasons for joining and leaving a company. Never criticize your previous employer or work colleagues. Avoid statements that may convey a negative impression of yourself or your ability to get on with others. State that you are looking for a new challenge and briefly explain why you see the advertised position as an important step forward in your career.

2. Why should we employ you rather than one of the other candidates?

The interviewer wants to know what unique quality makes you the best person for the job. To differentiate yourself from the other candidates, you must show that you have researched the company thoroughly and studied the job description. You should be prepared to demonstrate clearly how your skills, qualifications, and accomplishments match the employer's specific needs. It is important to convey genuine enthusiasm for the post.

3. What are your strenghts and weaknesses?

Interview Question – 1. Why are you leaving your current job?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2009.

Interview Details – Basic panel interview. Asked all the questions for normal interviews - goals, strengths, weaknesses, stress relievers.

Interview Question – What do you do to relieve stress in the workplace?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to this position by an employee of Citygroup. Prior to this reference, this person was my electives professor in my freshman year of high school. The interview process itself was done by email. The person interviewing me did not have enough time to set up a in-person interview immediately. After exchanging emails, I was given details on a 1:1 interview. That interview never occurred. I showed up but the interviewer wasn't there. I did not follow up because I never got a response from my follow up emails.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 20 years from now?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Administrative Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.