Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Exactly 2 weeks later to the day got an email from HR who set up an in-person interview in the Buffalo, NY office. Prior to the interview I was given a list of two interviewers whom I would I have paged upon arrival. On the day of the interview I got there about 5 minutes early where much to my amusement the security could not locate my interviewers. The contact information in the Citi Buffalo database is scrambled between departments, apparently. After some time a group of 4 people showed up. Who they were I still do not know to this day as they failed to introduce themselves. As if the experience could not get any better at that point, I was cheerfully informed by the group en route to the interview that they did not have a room available for our interview session. After locating an available room the interview was brief to say the least. Between the aforementioned mishaps and the interview's conclusion, about 20 minutes passed. There were no technicalities in the least. In fact, when I asked about the types of derivative instruments the department worked with they hastily changed the subject. Similarly, I had asked them about Citi's latest corporate developments which landed much media attention lately, only to be told that they have never heard of anything of the sort. So, in the end, suffice it to say I never heard back from them. But about month later I was contacted by a VP from another department who told me that the previous interviewers had footballed me to her. So she wanted to bring me in for an interview immediately. Suffice it to say I never made it to that interview. Between her insistence to play hard-to-get, as well as last minute on-the-day cancellations with a pathetic excuse the lack of professionalism in the Buffalo office is simply appalling.

Interview Questions

• We see you know Excel. So, what can you do? (exact format of the question) What was your proudest moment? Which of your travels did you like the most? What makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (College Station, TX).

Interview

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions

• tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access. Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online through school. First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with VP, asked about resume, dealing with large data sets, excel skills and couple of trick question (how many tennis balls does it take to fill this room). Also wanted to know about economy, asked general questions, past experience. Was a 1 on 1 interview then interviewed with Director.

Interview Questions

• What is your excel experience.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by office interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview behavioral super day with three interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Jobs posted on Citi website. Apply for postings. Depending on the need or if you know someone, it may be weeks before HR calls you if both they and the hiring manager would like you to be interviewed. Depening on department, interviews could involve multiple people or multiple visits. It may take weeks after the interview to hear back from HR--even if you send follow up emails. After an offer is excepted, it takes a few more weeks to get pre-employment work done and then another few weeks to get all system access that is required.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from Citi if you were to be offered a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took some time to negotiate and it has to go through a few levels of management as it is budget-related. Unless you have valid reasons to request an increase it will be denied. THey usually only counter offer about $2K more than original with reason.