Citi

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions
    • tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

applied online through school.
    First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Phone interview followed by office interview

phone interview behavioral
    super day with three interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Jobs posted on Citi website. Apply for postings. Depending on the need or if you know someone, it may be weeks before HR calls you if both they and the hiring manager would like you to be interviewed. Depening on department, interviews could involve multiple people or multiple visits. It may take weeks after the interview to hear back from HR--even if you send follow up emails. After an offer is excepted, it takes a few more weeks to get pre-employment work done and then another few weeks to get all system access that is required.

Interview Questions
    • What do you hope to gain from Citi if you were to be offered a position?   Answer Question
    It took some time to negotiate and it has to go through a few levels of management as it is budget-related. Unless you have valid reasons to request an increase it will be denied. THey usually only counter offer about $2K more than original with reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered without negotiation