Citi

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

New York, NY

I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got selected for a campus Interview with two people from the department. On-site interview with 5-7 people (1-2 from each team), based on your resume, they choose who they want to speak to.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details – Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Question – past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by office interview

Interview Question – Examples od analysis work   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – applied online through school.
First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Phone call - all behavioral
2) In-person Interview - all behavoiral

Interview Question – What are some examples that demonstrates your perseverance?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – phone interview behavioral
super day with three interviews

Interview Question – talk about a time you used analysis   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Jobs posted on Citi website. Apply for postings. Depending on the need or if you know someone, it may be weeks before HR calls you if both they and the hiring manager would like you to be interviewed. Depening on department, interviews could involve multiple people or multiple visits. It may take weeks after the interview to hear back from HR--even if you send follow up emails. After an offer is excepted, it takes a few more weeks to get pre-employment work done and then another few weeks to get all system access that is required.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from Citi if you were to be offered a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took some time to negotiate and it has to go through a few levels of management as it is budget-related. Unless you have valid reasons to request an increase it will be denied. THey usually only counter offer about $2K more than original with reason.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
  • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!