Citi

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
Result is awaited.

Interview Question – I was based on Finance Technical Round   Answer Question

Interview Details – phone interview behavioral
super day with three interviews

Interview Question – talk about a time you used analysis   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – applied online through school.
First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details – Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Question – past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly standard bulge bracket investment banking interview. Technical questions were significantly easier than most banks - focusing on very basic things like "What is a DCF" or "How would you value a company" without digging into the details. Seemed like there was a huge emphasis on "Why Citi".

Be prepared to understand why you want the job and be able to express how much you want it. Citi seems to be focused more on people and not preparation (i.e. "fit" questions and not technical questions), so it's significantly easier than most interviews so long as you have a good narrative.

Interview Question – What separates Citi from other bulge bracket investment banks?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not a top tier BB bank, and their business seems to be in lux. Perhaps if their outlook improves it might be a good place to start.

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from the hiring manager saying that i have a screening interview scheduled that afternoon for a position i applied online. since it was only a screening interview I walk her throught my resume and explained the courses i took, my degree and my job experiences. She asked me a couple of questions about my salary expectations and when i am ready to start.
They said they would get back to me but never did. It was terrible experience because i treid to conatct them for about 2 weeks and left them voicemails but they never got back.

Interview Question – decribe your work experience and how it realetd to the job   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Interview Question – how you slove open ended porblems   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Citi Bank recruiter and we discussed my previous work history. He proceeded to ask me about my current salary after the second phone interview, once I told him my salary he said he will call me back however I never hear from the recruiter again.

Interview Question – What is your salary?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a trader, a salesperson, and a research analyst. Questions covered resume and technical finance stuff. Asked me about trade ideas and my motivation for finance and Citi.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!