Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

applied online through school.
First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

phone interview behavioral
    super day with three interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
    Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
    Result is awaited.

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Fairly standard bulge bracket investment banking interview. Technical questions were significantly easier than most banks - focusing on very basic things like "What is a DCF" or "How would you value a company" without digging into the details. Seemed like there was a huge emphasis on "Why Citi".

Be prepared to understand why you want the job and be able to express how much you want it. Citi seems to be focused more on people and not preparation (i.e. "fit" questions and not technical questions), so it's significantly easier than most interviews so long as you have a good narrative.

Interview Questions
    • What separates Citi from other bulge bracket investment banks?   View Answer

Not a top tier BB bank, and their business seems to be in lux. Perhaps if their outlook improves it might be a good place to start.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2010.

I received a call from a Citi Bank recruiter and we discussed my previous work history. He proceeded to ask me about my current salary after the second phone interview, once I told him my salary he said he will call me back however I never hear from the recruiter again.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
    interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

I got a call from the hiring manager saying that i have a screening interview scheduled that afternoon for a position i applied online. since it was only a screening interview I walk her throught my resume and explained the courses i took, my degree and my job experiences. She asked me a couple of questions about my salary expectations and when i am ready to start.
    They said they would get back to me but never did. It was terrible experience because i treid to conatct them for about 2 weeks and left them voicemails but they never got back.

Interview Questions
    • decribe your work experience and how it realetd to the job   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!