Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions

• If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview behavioral super day with three interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online through school. First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI. Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them. Result is awaited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Exactly 2 weeks later to the day got an email from HR who set up an in-person interview in the Buffalo, NY office. Prior to the interview I was given a list of two interviewers whom I would I have paged upon arrival. On the day of the interview I got there about 5 minutes early where much to my amusement the security could not locate my interviewers. The contact information in the Citi Buffalo database is scrambled between departments, apparently. After some time a group of 4 people showed up. Who they were I still do not know to this day as they failed to introduce themselves. As if the experience could not get any better at that point, I was cheerfully informed by the group en route to the interview that they did not have a room available for our interview session. After locating an available room the interview was brief to say the least. Between the aforementioned mishaps and the interview's conclusion, about 20 minutes passed. There were no technicalities in the least. In fact, when I asked about the types of derivative instruments the department worked with they hastily changed the subject. Similarly, I had asked them about Citi's latest corporate developments which landed much media attention lately, only to be told that they have never heard of anything of the sort. So, in the end, suffice it to say I never heard back from them. But about month later I was contacted by a VP from another department who told me that the previous interviewers had footballed me to her. So she wanted to bring me in for an interview immediately. Suffice it to say I never made it to that interview. Between her insistence to play hard-to-get, as well as last minute on-the-day cancellations with a pathetic excuse the lack of professionalism in the Buffalo office is simply appalling.

Interview Questions

• We see you know Excel. So, what can you do? (exact format of the question) What was your proudest moment? Which of your travels did you like the most? What makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview

Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Questions

• past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Fairly standard bulge bracket investment banking interview. Technical questions were significantly easier than most banks - focusing on very basic things like "What is a DCF" or "How would you value a company" without digging into the details. Seemed like there was a huge emphasis on "Why Citi". Be prepared to understand why you want the job and be able to express how much you want it. Citi seems to be focused more on people and not preparation (i.e. "fit" questions and not technical questions), so it's significantly easier than most interviews so long as you have a good narrative.

Interview Questions

• What separates Citi from other bulge bracket investment banks?   1 Answer

Not a top tier BB bank, and their business seems to be in lux. Perhaps if their outlook improves it might be a good place to start.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager saying that i have a screening interview scheduled that afternoon for a position i applied online. since it was only a screening interview I walk her throught my resume and explained the courses i took, my degree and my job experiences. She asked me a couple of questions about my salary expectations and when i am ready to start. They said they would get back to me but never did. It was terrible experience because i treid to conatct them for about 2 weeks and left them voicemails but they never got back.

Interview Questions

• decribe your work experience and how it realetd to the job   Answer Question