Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

HR Interview and then 3 on-site interview rounds. Mostly based on fit questions for entry level positions. Some brain-teasers were asked by one of the interviewers. HR phone screen is pretty generic. I would recommend just being comfortable taking about the position and how your past experiences can help you fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Exactly 2 weeks later to the day got an email from HR who set up an in-person interview in the Buffalo, NY office. Prior to the interview I was given a list of two interviewers whom I would I have paged upon arrival. On the day of the interview I got there about 5 minutes early where much to my amusement the security could not locate my interviewers. The contact information in the Citi Buffalo database is scrambled between departments, apparently. After some time a group of 4 people showed up. Who they were I still do not know to this day as they failed to introduce themselves. As if the experience could not get any better at that point, I was cheerfully informed by the group en route to the interview that they did not have a room available for our interview session. After locating an available room the interview was brief to say the least. Between the aforementioned mishaps and the interview's conclusion, about 20 minutes passed. There were no technicalities in the least. In fact, when I asked about the types of derivative instruments the department worked with they hastily changed the subject. Similarly, I had asked them about Citi's latest corporate developments which landed much media attention lately, only to be told that they have never heard of anything of the sort. So, in the end, suffice it to say I never heard back from them. But about month later I was contacted by a VP from another department who told me that the previous interviewers had footballed me to her. So she wanted to bring me in for an interview immediately. Suffice it to say I never made it to that interview. Between her insistence to play hard-to-get, as well as last minute on-the-day cancellations with a pathetic excuse the lack of professionalism in the Buffalo office is simply appalling.

Interview Questions

• We see you know Excel. So, what can you do? (exact format of the question) What was your proudest moment? Which of your travels did you like the most? What makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with VP, asked about resume, dealing with large data sets, excel skills and couple of trick question (how many tennis balls does it take to fill this room). Also wanted to know about economy, asked general questions, past experience. Was a 1 on 1 interview then interviewed with Director.

Interview Questions

• What is your excel experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (College Station, TX).

Interview

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions

• tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in November 2014.

Interview

First 2 tests online: analytical and verbal; than after successfully passing got invited for 2 more tests in the office - English test with open questions(as well about my motivation and what is AML analyst work is) for 45 min and very short observation test. Few days after tests got a phone interview (30-40 min) with HR specialist (both in English and Polish), standard questions plus "describe a situation" questions. The next day got positive feedback and invitation for interview with team-leader, which was scheduled for the next day. Also questions about experience, skills, why Citi and what I know about AML (both in English and Polish). After conversation team-leader confirmed my candidature and I went for 10-15 minutes conversation with manager, who exactly after confirmed that I'll hired. All new candidates in Citi Service Center in Warsaw starting on 1st or 15th day of the month.

Interview Questions

• one small analytical case for 5 min - like to assume how many people use Warsaw metro per day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at this stage

Analyst Interview

Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions

• If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.