Citi

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2013.

1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
    one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
    this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
    1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
    the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
    there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Questions
    • do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question
    they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
    Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
    Result is awaited.

Analyst Interview

There were two technical rounds of interview. The first one was centered around my resume and my previous projects.The second round mainly consisted of solving simple logic-based puzzles, and there was a business case study. There was an HR interview, which contained expected questions like where do you see yourself in five years, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Case study based on optimizing revenues with some constraints.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied on campus through a resume drop. Interview process took the form of 3 interviews. First interview was a one-on-one going through the resume. Second seemed more about behavior, and culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just asked the standard questions e.g. Why you want to work here etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2011.

The company usually visits the premier campuses in the country for its analytics center in bangalore. In IITM it started with an IQ test followed by three rounds of interviews comprising mainly puzzles and guesstimates. The final round was the HR round. They expect you to have a structured way of thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question in which I had to use functions in Excel and also asked me if I had any coding knowledge   View Answer
    There is usually no such phase when you are being hired for the entry postion right after you graduate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interviewed with a trader, a salesperson, and a research analyst. Questions covered resume and technical finance stuff. Asked me about trade ideas and my motivation for finance and Citi.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2010.

CitiGroup came to our campus in december 2010, it consists of 4 eliminative rounds in total including written, one 1:1 interview, one group interview, one telephonic interview with HR.

44 appeared for the written

Written: It was a bit easy. if you have good analytical skills, you can crack it easily. it consists mainly aptitude, tech, verbal questions.

out of 44, 14 shortlisted.

1:1 interview: 3 people came for the recruiting process- a Vice president, a Manager and a Senior Analyst.
    this will be little like checking your comfortability, analysing skills, communication etc for 10 min.

out of 14, 6 shortlisted.

Group/ Tech interview: this one is all about your technical details with all the three as interviewers who checked mostly in SQL, DBMS, OOPS and your area of interests. this went for around 45 min.

out of 6, 1 shortlisted. (they had 2 more rounds for another guy to confirm that guy is good or not. but not able satisfy them i guess).

Telephonic: This is just for formality. one HR was asking about my background details and checking whether i will be stick to that job or jumping over.

Finally 1(I) got selected.

Interview Questions
    • they asked deep details of database management system like locking system indexing,...   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Gone through interviews by two senior guys and answered normal questions. They rely alot on feel of how interviewers answer questions. It is kind of fuzzy because 2 years down the road i became the hirer for the team.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in a position that you had to make a difficult decision , one involving shutting the system and closing everything down but prevent any further losses and second is to keep the system up but have trading losses clocking in while the IT guys sort the issue out.   View Answer
    no negotiation . take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2010.

I received a call from a Citi Bank recruiter and we discussed my previous work history. He proceeded to ask me about my current salary after the second phone interview, once I told him my salary he said he will call me back however I never hear from the recruiter again.