Citi

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – There were two technical rounds of interview. The first one was centered around my resume and my previous projects.The second round mainly consisted of solving simple logic-based puzzles, and there was a business case study. There was an HR interview, which contained expected questions like where do you see yourself in five years, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Case study based on optimizing revenues with some constraints.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2009.

Interview Details – company came for presentation on campus, which discussed the sales and trading side of business and was followed by 3 rounds-
1. brain teasers- common ones which require no specific knowledge- only logic
2. general discussion with other people on a hypothetical case
3. interview- some more brain teasers, general HR questions

Interview Question – Was asked brain teasers again in interview, which was unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied on campus through a resume drop. Interview process took the form of 3 interviews. First interview was a one-on-one going through the resume. Second seemed more about behavior, and culture fit.

Interview Question – None really. Just asked the standard questions e.g. Why you want to work here etc   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a trader, a salesperson, and a research analyst. Questions covered resume and technical finance stuff. Asked me about trade ideas and my motivation for finance and Citi.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Interview Details – The company usually visits the premier campuses in the country for its analytics center in bangalore. In IITM it started with an IQ test followed by three rounds of interviews comprising mainly puzzles and guesstimates. The final round was the HR round. They expect you to have a structured way of thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Question – They asked me a question in which I had to use functions in Excel and also asked me if I had any coding knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is usually no such phase when you are being hired for the entry postion right after you graduate.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Citi Bank recruiter and we discussed my previous work history. He proceeded to ask me about my current salary after the second phone interview, once I told him my salary he said he will call me back however I never hear from the recruiter again.

Interview Question – What is your salary?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Interview Question – how you slove open ended porblems   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details – CitiGroup came to our campus in december 2010, it consists of 4 eliminative rounds in total including written, one 1:1 interview, one group interview, one telephonic interview with HR.

44 appeared for the written

Written: It was a bit easy. if you have good analytical skills, you can crack it easily. it consists mainly aptitude, tech, verbal questions.

out of 44, 14 shortlisted.

1:1 interview: 3 people came for the recruiting process- a Vice president, a Manager and a Senior Analyst.
this will be little like checking your comfortability, analysing skills, communication etc for 10 min.

out of 14, 6 shortlisted.

Group/ Tech interview: this one is all about your technical details with all the three as interviewers who checked mostly in SQL, DBMS, OOPS and your area of interests. this went for around 45 min.

out of 6, 1 shortlisted. (they had 2 more rounds for another guy to confirm that guy is good or not. but not able satisfy them i guess).

Telephonic: This is just for formality. one HR was asking about my background details and checking whether i will be stick to that job or jumping over.

Finally 1(I) got selected.

Interview Question – they asked deep details of database management system like locking system indexing,...   View Answer

Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a technical interview with a very friendly manger, it was just me pretty much talking about my background and my interest in my role nothing too difficult at all. The next interview was an competency interview with a guy from the HR team again really friendly and relaxed attitude, I had prepared a few questions for this interview (Look up STAR for how to answer question) so it was really easy and he ran out of time and just flew through a few things and I didnt have time to ask him any questions. Then straight into the interview with the manger of the hold dept this was horrible, asked me questions on material I had covered 2/3 years ago in college which I could barely or could not remember. He didnt write down a lot of stuff while I was talking and made me feel really uncomfortable and felt really low about myself at that point as didnt know some of the stuff he was asking. He didnt say much and I wasnt sure if I was answering the questions correctly. Made me question myself about if I really wanted the role as well if I had to answer to someone like him

Interview Question – How many tennis balls fit in an airplane?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2008.

Interview Details – I went through college recruiting. Round 1 consisted of a half hour interview with a senior person based on knowledge of finance related things. If you make it to Round 2, you go to a "super day" where your entire morning/afternoon consists of a 5-6 round robin one on one interviews with various people in the group.

Interview Question – Can you describe what our group does?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, it was the same level as all other competitive banks.