Citi

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I was hired through a consultant while the centre was getting set up. Intrview process was fast and fairly simple. I went through 3 rounds without any HR involvement. I was keen on only a particular role for which I am currently working.

Interview Question – questions were very generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Interview Question – Business cases that may be unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – I have got the call from consulting firm and they scheduled the interview process with Citi.

1st F2F round with Sr. Director as he was in Pune.
2nd telephonic round with onsite, this was a technical round.
3rd round with HR-VP

Interview Question – everything was related to my experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assistant Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a drive, so first a questionnaire, followed by 2 technical interviews (each lasted more than an hour) and finally a managerial and HR round.

Interview Question – The questions were primarily on Data structures, design patterns, OOPs concepts, Java etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hike give was quite good considering my current CTC

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview Details – There was an exam first that includes math, and statistics. I think I did a good score there. It continued for at least an hour. After that, they took me to oral exam. Oral exam was good. Then they called me second time. In second time, they met me with senior manager.

Negotiation Details – My first job so I didnt negotiate.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – I was in semi formals(Shirt and jeans), the moment HR saw me she started shouting like she is the CEO of citi group.
Anyways, next was a boring presentation.
Up next- 1 technical round which was good.
Next - Problem solving and puzzles
Next - HR + Problem solving

Interview Question – why do you want citi as a techie.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HR is bad. i got another offer of better compensation.

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was shortlisted by a jobagent.
I had 3 rounds of interview.
1st was a telephonic wherein asked abot personal, educational and professional life.
2nd round was a technical over telephone.
3rd was 1:1 wherein I was asked about past employers , clarification of job role ,

Interview Question – What are you timeline for marriage.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.