Citi Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

First Was Written Test followed by Technical Interview which is most difficult part of Citi's Process. Then Managerial Interview followed by HR Interview which is lengthy o all and will take more than hour.

Interview Questions

• HR will ask you everything starting from your birth till date.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for 20% above market standards and they will negotiate and offer you at least 5%-7% above market standards

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview

Detailed interview about process and people to test skills. Interview level is difficult. Have to prepare well before interview. Go through Job Description well. Apart from process related, general HR related questions and also people management questions are expected.

Interview Questions

• Different interview questions about investment banking   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep). Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins] Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins]. Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins] Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}. They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18. The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I was hired through a consultant while the centre was getting set up. Intrview process was fast and fairly simple. I went through 3 rounds without any HR involvement. I was keen on only a particular role for which I am currently working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 weeks

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Bangalore (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

it was not that good, while I was waiting for my offer letter after confirmation from HR, they asked me to have one more round of interview for some other team

Interview Questions

• how to replace all missing numeric values in sas   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview

It was a drive, so first a questionnaire, followed by 2 technical interviews (each lasted more than an hour) and finally a managerial and HR round.

Interview Questions

• The questions were primarily on Data structures, design patterns, OOPs concepts, Java etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hike give was quite good considering my current CTC

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Pune (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

I have got the call from consulting firm and they scheduled the interview process with Citi. 1st F2F round with Sr. Director as he was in Pune. 2nd telephonic round with onsite, this was a technical round. 3rd round with HR-VP

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was in semi formals(Shirt and jeans), the moment HR saw me she started shouting like she is the CEO of citi group. Anyways, next was a boring presentation. Up next- 1 technical round which was good. Next - Problem solving and puzzles Next - HR + Problem solving

Interview Questions

HR is bad. i got another offer of better compensation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview

My resume was shortlisted by a jobagent. I had 3 rounds of interview. 1st was a telephonic wherein asked abot personal, educational and professional life. 2nd round was a technical over telephone. 3rd was 1:1 wherein I was asked about past employers , clarification of job role ,