Citi Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions
  • How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Associate Interview

One round interview with very basic questions`

Interview Questions
    • some options and mutual fund quesitons. nothing too hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2013.

Applied online and through a referral who also received my application. Called back about a week later for a phone call with a VP and to schedule an interview. The interview was straight forward, the usual tell me about yourself...strengths/weaknesses hardly any technical questions which was a little odd. Overall, the interviewers felt aloof and disconnected to reality, and I didn't leave with a positive impression of employees and the Amherst offices. Got a call another week later saying they would like to hire me. Went over compensation packages and declined almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What is bond duration? (not difficult, but relative to the questions asked)   View Answer

Salary is LOW

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

3 separate 1:1 interviews with managing directors of the company. One was asking about leadership competences, second one more about technical skills and the last one primarily was focusing on personality.
    Be prepared to give specific examples and do not over-complicate.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you lead a team, what were the challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citi in February 2009.

Long and drawn out w/ multiple informational interviews with different people.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about working capital and its affect on valuation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2008.

Campus interview, which was 2:1; then a day of interviews in NYC with various members of the group at all different levels. Most of the questions were behavioral - asked about past work experiences, how work is relevant to the job, etc. I was asked a couple of basic finance 101 questions, but nothing too severe. Overall a pretty relaxed interview process

Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was on campus with a Current Associate. The second round was a back to back series of interviews in NY. There I interviewed with current associates, HR representatives and senior managers.
    I do not recall specific interview questions but all the interviews were behavioral. There was also a small case about current challenges for the business.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

All day case studies in group and individual, individual presentation in front of management and individual talk with management about all day (what you think was good

Interview Questions
    • Not surprising: How do you see yourself in 5 year, who was the leader during each case, why do you think this person was the leader   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

not much tough to get through

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!