Citi Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.2

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The initial interviews were with senior managers who sit off-site, but were otherwise straightforward. Since I was an internal candidate, questions about the company's products, practices, etc. were dispensed with in favor of discussing why I was interested in transferring from one area of the company to another. The second-round interview was in-person with another team member who asked mostly about my work style and seemed intent on determining whether my personality would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable communicating with upper management?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

One round interview with very basic questions`

Interview Questions

• some options and mutual fund quesitons. nothing too hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Amherst, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and through a referral who also received my application. Called back about a week later for a phone call with a VP and to schedule an interview. The interview was straight forward, the usual tell me about yourself...strengths/weaknesses hardly any technical questions which was a little odd. Overall, the interviewers felt aloof and disconnected to reality, and I didn't leave with a positive impression of employees and the Amherst offices. Got a call another week later saying they would like to hire me. Went over compensation packages and declined almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is bond duration? (not difficult, but relative to the questions asked)   1 Answer

Salary is LOW

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

3 separate 1:1 interviews with managing directors of the company. One was asking about leadership competences, second one more about technical skills and the last one primarily was focusing on personality. Be prepared to give specific examples and do not over-complicate.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you lead a team, what were the challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Long and drawn out w/ multiple informational interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about working capital and its affect on valuation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first round was on campus with a Current Associate. The second round was a back to back series of interviews in NY. There I interviewed with current associates, HR representatives and senior managers. I do not recall specific interview questions but all the interviews were behavioral. There was also a small case about current challenges for the business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Campus interview, which was 2:1; then a day of interviews in NYC with various members of the group at all different levels. Most of the questions were behavioral - asked about past work experiences, how work is relevant to the job, etc. I was asked a couple of basic finance 101 questions, but nothing too severe. Overall a pretty relaxed interview process

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in June 2011.

Interview

All day case studies in group and individual, individual presentation in front of management and individual talk with management about all day (what you think was good

Interview Questions

• Not surprising: How do you see yourself in 5 year, who was the leader during each case, why do you think this person was the leader   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in April 2009.

Interview

not much tough to get through