Citi Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Was called in for initial interview with head of a particular group. Secondary interview was a panel of 3 senior group memebers. Thoughtful questions and realistic expectation setting

Interview Questions

• No 'ringer' questions or any out of the ordinary. Be ready to back up any skills you claim to have with practical demonstration.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short - i accepted the first number

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with HR that was about thirty minutes, not too bad. Was called back about a week later and had interviews with three hiring managers in total that were about thirty minutes each. These were more technical and difficult. I heard back 2-3 days after that I had received an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was normal process. HR contacted for normal questions; Phone interview by hiring managers; invite to onsite interview for around 4 hours. no special questions: about last working experience...

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was thorough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process. Selected by HR for interview and went for interview. Went in and filled out questionable about my skillset and the discussed afterwards and then my resume. I got a call the following day that they would like to continue with me, should my paperwork all work out, as well as passing a background test and a drug test.

2 weeks later I was working at Citigroup.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

application, telephone interview followed by discussion of interests, knowledge of finance, how you can add value to the team, awareness of US culture and corporate environment. I was asked information about extra circular activities and interests with emphasis on work life balance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was telephonic followed by a Face to face round. It took Citi about two weeks to set up the location and time of the interview. While the position is in Warren, NJ the face to face took place in NY.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult. The hiring manager did indicate that he is hiring for a few open roles but I did not expect them to take forever! It has been one month since my first round and I dont have an answer yet on the result! This is extremely unjust to the candidate   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with one senior manager who worked with the hiring manager from the group I was applying for who seemed disinterested in the interview process. The person was busy looking at their computer and seemingly monitoring email and IM during the process. Maybe since I was a consultant interviewing for a full time permanent position it was not taken as seriously

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this group   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview with two managers (2) interviews if you will. Second in person.

Was okay, they never offered me the position however I was also told that they would get back to me either way and never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was standard. It consisted of brief questions about background and what I would like to do in the future. In the first round of in person interviews we discussed my work experience and problem solving skills. The second round of interviews was surprisingly short and we talked mostly about the community service I participated in and future goals. After 2 weeks I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with Habitat for Humanity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were almost non existent. I told the recruiter my expected compensation which he matched. Still choosing benefits.