Citi Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in March 2008.

Interview

Very professional company. I had received a call from their recruitment agency, they called up for a discussion one day later. The interviewer was senior manager and asked detailed questions around core business analysis concepts. Asked about professional certifications I have. The interview lasted 1 hour. The next day HR called for salary discussion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Firstly, I found this job from reed.co.uk, then I register an account on the CitiGroup website. A few days after the online application, I received a email to confirm a telephone interview in the next week.

In the online application I was asked about my past experience mostly, but in fact, I was a fresh post-graduates and I only have some experiences in the university, so I put them on and try my best to answer the questions. The answers are true, but I think it doesnt help me on this application.

By the way, the citigroup has the same questions for fresh-graduates and experienced canditates on their website which is not quite suitable - they should put more clear questions point to different canditate gruops - for a highly skills depended job application canditates, that only what I think.

Then In the telephone interview, I answered questions which is absoultely the same as they posted in the website, at that time, my weakness was lack of experience and my advantages is my AI skills, which were never asked.

I tried to let them know that I could programming AI softwares for their analysis-processing, but the result is as same as I thought.

So basically, I believe that citigroup is looking for some people who has high degree and experience and young, and you have to say very fluently England english.....sorry for people like me who says 'i and cheers' all the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some experience about your past teamwork and what role you played in the teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Ukiah, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Interview Questions

• We ask specific questions to find out if someone is actually interested in Operations, or just wants to get a "foot in the door" of investment banking and will try to jump to front office in a year. Why would we hire someone like that? If this is your plan, be prepared to hide   Answer Question
    • Depending on your organization, you'll also be able to drive process change; front office is usually occupied with the sales/trading function, as they should be, leaving IT to develop and drive their change. Operations is a cost center, so we drive our own change to increase   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was standard. It consisted of brief questions about background and what I would like to do in the future. In the first round of in person interviews we discussed my work experience and problem solving skills. The second round of interviews was surprisingly short and we talked mostly about the community service I participated in and future goals. After 2 weeks I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with Habitat for Humanity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were almost non existent. I told the recruiter my expected compensation which he matched. Still choosing benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Bright, talented people on the team doing the interviewing. They provided thorough explanations of the business and the challenges the position would be addressing, and asked intelligent questions versus rote or gimmicky ones. Very candid about the cons of the job too, which was refreshing and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Asked about international regulatory experience   1 Answer

Position was for a consulting role and a full-time opportunity presented itself.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2010.

Interview

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and approachable. Introduced myself and told her on my job scope. Interviewer explained the job involved. Expected me to ask several questions. Good experience all round. Applied and accepted via school portal.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi (Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)) in September 2010.

Interview

The Interview and the hiring took about a month. I got an offer via phone. Behavioral questions and working experiences. It is less intense as the interviewer makes you feel comfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2011.

Interview

Generally good interviewers, fair and painted no illusions of the role. And the questions were relevant to experience and ability and not trying to catch out or prove their experiences.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? A bit too long term a question for a basic BA role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hassle free, no hardball tactics

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. Was called in for initial interview with head of a particular group. Secondary interview was a panel of 3 senior group memebers. Thoughtful questions and realistic expectation setting

Interview Questions

• No 'ringer' questions or any out of the ordinary. Be ready to back up any skills you claim to have with practical demonstration.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short - i accepted the first number