Citi

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in March 2008.

Interview Details – Very professional company. I had received a call from their recruitment agency, they called up for a discussion one day later. The interviewer was senior manager and asked detailed questions around core business analysis concepts. Asked about professional certifications I have. The interview lasted 1 hour. The next day HR called for salary discussion.

Interview Question – Difference between role of PM and BA   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – Firstly, I found this job from reed.co.uk, then I register an account on the CitiGroup website. A few days after the online application, I received a email to confirm a telephone interview in the next week.

In the online application I was asked about my past experience mostly, but in fact, I was a fresh post-graduates and I only have some experiences in the university, so I put them on and try my best to answer the questions. The answers are true, but I think it doesnt help me on this application.

By the way, the citigroup has the same questions for fresh-graduates and experienced canditates on their website which is not quite suitable - they should put more clear questions point to different canditate gruops - for a highly skills depended job application canditates, that only what I think.

Then In the telephone interview, I answered questions which is absoultely the same as they posted in the website, at that time, my weakness was lack of experience and my advantages is my AI skills, which were never asked.

I tried to let them know that I could programming AI softwares for their analysis-processing, but the result is as same as I thought.

So basically, I believe that citigroup is looking for some people who has high degree and experience and young, and you have to say very fluently England english.....sorry for people like me who says 'i and cheers' all the day.

Interview Question – Tell me some experience about your past teamwork and what role you played in the teamwork.   Answer Question

Ukiah, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in September 2009.

Interview Details – We ask specific questions to find out if someone is actually interested in Operations, or just wants to get a "foot in the door" of investment banking and will try to jump to front office in a year. Why would we hire someone like that? If this is your plan, be prepared to hide

Interview Questions

• We ask specific questions to find out if someone is actually interested in Operations, or just wants to get a "foot in the door" of investment banking and will try to jump to front office in a year. Why would we hire someone like that? If this is your plan, be prepared to hide   Answer Question
  • Depending on your organization, you'll also be able to drive process change; front office is usually occupied with the sales/trading function, as they should be, leaving IT to develop and drive their change. Operations is a cost center, so we drive our own change to increase   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was standard. It consisted of brief questions about background and what I would like to do in the future. In the first round of in person interviews we discussed my work experience and problem solving skills. The second round of interviews was surprisingly short and we talked mostly about the community service I participated in and future goals. After 2 weeks I received an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with Habitat for Humanity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were almost non existent. I told the recruiter my expected compensation which he matched. Still choosing benefits.

Warren, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – Bright, talented people on the team doing the interviewing. They provided thorough explanations of the business and the challenges the position would be addressing, and asked intelligent questions versus rote or gimmicky ones. Very candid about the cons of the job too, which was refreshing and appreciated.

Interview Question – Asked about international regulatory experience   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Position was for a consulting role and a full-time opportunity presented itself.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring manager spoke to me first with a phone interview. I was later called in by the hiring manager for a one on one session interview. I got a call a week later from HR. HR made me an offer and gave me a few days to think about the offer before making a final decision. I submitted a counter offer that was turned down. It was a take it or leave it scenario. I eventually accepted the offer. I was scheduled to take a drug test, presentation, and get on-boarding material before I started to work for the company.

Interview Question – What was your desired pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR rep did not accept counter offers.....was a take it or leave it scenario

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with two managers (2) interviews if you will. Second in person.

Was okay, they never offered me the position however I was also told that they would get back to me either way and never did.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – Went in to interview with 4 different senior level managers, at 4 different times over the course of roughly 3 months. Felt that I exceeded expectations on each interview, however I was not given an offer as the company used an internal hire to fill the available BA position.

Interview Question – How are municipal bonds priced?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – application, telephone interview followed by discussion of interests, knowledge of finance, how you can add value to the team, awareness of US culture and corporate environment. I was asked information about extra circular activities and interests with emphasis on work life balance.

Interview Question – why finance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes able to negotiate

Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first round was telephonic followed by a Face to face round. It took Citi about two weeks to set up the location and time of the interview. While the position is in Warren, NJ the face to face took place in NY.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. The hiring manager did indicate that he is hiring for a few open roles but I did not expect them to take forever! It has been one month since my first round and I dont have an answer yet on the result! This is extremely unjust to the candidate   View Answer

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!