Citi

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – application, telephone interview followed by discussion of interests, knowledge of finance, how you can add value to the team, awareness of US culture and corporate environment. I was asked information about extra circular activities and interests with emphasis on work life balance.

Interview Question – why finance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes able to negotiate

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Interview process was normal process. HR contacted for normal questions; Phone interview by hiring managers; invite to onsite interview for around 4 hours. no special questions: about last working experience...

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Interview was thorough

Interview Question – I was asked what my GPA in collge   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – The interview was arranged through phone and held at Citi's department office. There are 2 interviewers in total. However they were 1 to 1 interviews due to their busy schedule. One of the interviewers is my supervisor.

Interview Question – 90% of the questions are technical and related to my specialization. In-depth technical knowledge is required.   Answer Question

Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first round was telephonic followed by a Face to face round. It took Citi about two weeks to set up the location and time of the interview. While the position is in Warren, NJ the face to face took place in NY.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. The hiring manager did indicate that he is hiring for a few open roles but I did not expect them to take forever! It has been one month since my first round and I dont have an answer yet on the result! This is extremely unjust to the candidate   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two on site interviews

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with two managers (2) interviews if you will. Second in person.

Was okay, they never offered me the position however I was also told that they would get back to me either way and never did.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring manager spoke to me first with a phone interview. I was later called in by the hiring manager for a one on one session interview. I got a call a week later from HR. HR made me an offer and gave me a few days to think about the offer before making a final decision. I submitted a counter offer that was turned down. It was a take it or leave it scenario. I eventually accepted the offer. I was scheduled to take a drug test, presentation, and get on-boarding material before I started to work for the company.

Interview Question – What was your desired pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR rep did not accept counter offers.....was a take it or leave it scenario

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2008.

Interview Details – Why did you select your undergraduate degree?
Why did you choose your University?
What are the main things you learned from your studies?
Why did you pursue an MBA or BCom?
Why did you select your particular concentration/major/stream?
How do your studies relate to your career goals?
How did you finance your studies?
Which parts of your MBA/BCom Program did you enjoy the most?
Which parts of your MBA Program/BCom did you enjoy the least?
What have you learned in your degree program that has been most useful to you?
Are your grades a good indication of your academic achievement?
What did you learn from participation in extracurricular activities?
Describe your most rewarding university experience.
Has your coursework helped you in any way for this type of position and how so?
Tell us about your study and work skills.

Interview Question – Why did you select your undergraduate degree?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details – a super day interview with 6 managers. for each manager, they spent about 20 minutes describing what they do and how they corporate with one another. then 10 min asking questions. overall it was easy and friendly atmosphere. not many tough questions were asked

Interview Question – please describe a project that you worked on   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!