Citi Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Went in to interview with 4 different senior level managers, at 4 different times over the course of roughly 3 months. Felt that I exceeded expectations on each interview, however I was not given an offer as the company used an internal hire to fill the available BA position.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Ukiah, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in September 2009.

Interview Questions
    • We ask specific questions to find out if someone is actually interested in Operations, or just wants to get a "foot in the door" of investment banking and will try to jump to front office in a year. Why would we hire someone like that? If this is your plan, be prepared to hide   Answer Question
    • Depending on your organization, you'll also be able to drive process change; front office is usually occupied with the sales/trading function, as they should be, leaving IT to develop and drive their change. Operations is a cost center, so we drive our own change to increase   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2008.

The hiring manager spoke to me first with a phone interview. I was later called in by the hiring manager for a one on one session interview. I got a call a week later from HR. HR made me an offer and gave me a few days to think about the offer before making a final decision. I submitted a counter offer that was turned down. It was a take it or leave it scenario. I eventually accepted the offer. I was scheduled to take a drug test, presentation, and get on-boarding material before I started to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    HR rep did not accept counter offers.....was a take it or leave it scenario

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Very friendly and approachable. Introduced myself and told her on my job scope. Interviewer explained the job involved. Expected me to ask several questions. Good experience all round. Applied and accepted via school portal.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

The interview was arranged through phone and held at Citi's department office. There are 2 interviewers in total. However they were 1 to 1 interviews due to their busy schedule. One of the interviewers is my supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • 90% of the questions are technical and related to my specialization. In-depth technical knowledge is required.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Phone interview followed by two on site interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Generally good interviewers, fair and painted no illusions of the role. And the questions were relevant to experience and ability and not trying to catch out or prove their experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? A bit too long term a question for a basic BA role.   Answer Question
    Hassle free, no hardball tactics

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

The Interview and the hiring took about a month. I got an offer via phone. Behavioral questions and working experiences. It is less intense as the interviewer makes you feel comfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Firstly, I found this job from reed.co.uk, then I register an account on the CitiGroup website. A few days after the online application, I received a email to confirm a telephone interview in the next week.

In the online application I was asked about my past experience mostly, but in fact, I was a fresh post-graduates and I only have some experiences in the university, so I put them on and try my best to answer the questions. The answers are true, but I think it doesnt help me on this application.

By the way, the citigroup has the same questions for fresh-graduates and experienced canditates on their website which is not quite suitable - they should put more clear questions point to different canditate gruops - for a highly skills depended job application canditates, that only what I think.

Then In the telephone interview, I answered questions which is absoultely the same as they posted in the website, at that time, my weakness was lack of experience and my advantages is my AI skills, which were never asked.

I tried to let them know that I could programming AI softwares for their analysis-processing, but the result is as same as I thought.

So basically, I believe that citigroup is looking for some people who has high degree and experience and young, and you have to say very fluently England english.....sorry for people like me who says 'i and cheers' all the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some experience about your past teamwork and what role you played in the teamwork.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.