Citi Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interviewed with several individuals. It wasn't too difficult. More of a personality check than anything else. No technical questions were asked even though it was for a technical position. Overall it went very well and I believe they asked all the right questions for the position - with the exception to not asking anything technical.

Interview Questions
    • Pulled out some data and had me do some analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

I couldn't possibly tell anyone how (citi asorbed the company i started with.) by happenstance I suppose. Current employees are generally unable to get interviewed for lateral or promotional moves. Employment decesion are made in a vacuum.

Interview Questions
    • Citi never sleeps are you willing to give it 100%? 100% means that you work a minimum of 168 hours a week, changes can only happen at 3 AM and often means that you will be staying the night at the office.   View Answer

Current employee, just lamenting, this though exagerated some, is essentially true. Citi doesn't allow the development of tools to work smarter.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview consisted of an initial call from a recruiter with basic experience questions. This was followed by 2 additional phone interviews with managers then an in person interview with more managers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficulty as the expectation and experience required of the role was lower than my experience and skill set.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher pay than initially offered.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions
    • What firm evaluation methods do you know.   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2009.

Interviewed with an associate and vice president. Followed the typical IB protocol: walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, and then some technical questions, and lastly some time for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why is minority interest subtracted out in calculation of free cash flow?   Answer Question
    • Why would you use one multiple over another for a certain industry?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2011.

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Control Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

I spent the entire day interviewing with four different officers. I thought that interviews went very well, as they went really smoothly, but it took Citi more than two months to finally give an offer to someone else, who in the end declined it. Howeve, I must stress, the interviews were very pleasant as well as the interviewers. no tricky questions, all straight questions.

Interview Questions
    • Other than the position in discussion, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2009.

Applied and completed various personality and ethics tests at the headquarters. From there I was contacted by the head financial advisor of the branch that was hiring for an interview. Interviewed two times with the head advisor and decided that it was not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   View Answer

Too much time would be spent cold calling and doing administrative tasks from the start.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!