Citi

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details – normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Interview Question – Business cases, SAS coding questions etc.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager
Elk Grove Village, IL

I interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several individuals. It wasn't too difficult. More of a personality check than anything else. No technical questions were asked even though it was for a technical position. Overall it went very well and I believe they asked all the right questions for the position - with the exception to not asking anything technical.

Interview Question – Pulled out some data and had me do some analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Interview Question – What is your prediction for the US economy?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 12+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

Interview Details – I couldn't possibly tell anyone how (citi asorbed the company i started with.) by happenstance I suppose. Current employees are generally unable to get interviewed for lateral or promotional moves. Employment decesion are made in a vacuum.

Interview Question – Citi never sleeps are you willing to give it 100%? 100% means that you work a minimum of 168 hours a week, changes can only happen at 3 AM and often means that you will be staying the night at the office.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Current employee, just lamenting, this though exagerated some, is essentially true. Citi doesn't allow the development of tools to work smarter.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of an initial call from a recruiter with basic experience questions. This was followed by 2 additional phone interviews with managers then an in person interview with more managers.

Interview Question – No difficulty as the expectation and experience required of the role was lower than my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher pay than initially offered.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Question – What firm evaluation methods do you know.   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with an associate and vice president. Followed the typical IB protocol: walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, and then some technical questions, and lastly some time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is minority interest subtracted out in calculation of free cash flow?   Answer Question
  • Why would you use one multiple over another for a certain industry?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Elk Grove Village, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2011.

Interview Details – One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Interview Questions

Control Officer Interview

Control Officer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – I spent the entire day interviewing with four different officers. I thought that interviews went very well, as they went really smoothly, but it took Citi more than two months to finally give an offer to someone else, who in the end declined it. Howeve, I must stress, the interviews were very pleasant as well as the interviewers. no tricky questions, all straight questions.

Interview Question – Other than the position in discussion, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied and completed various personality and ethics tests at the headquarters. From there I was contacted by the head financial advisor of the branch that was hiring for an interview. Interviewed two times with the head advisor and decided that it was not for me.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too much time would be spent cold calling and doing administrative tasks from the start.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.