Citi Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Risk Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several individuals. It wasn't too difficult. More of a personality check than anything else. No technical questions were asked even though it was for a technical position. Overall it went very well and I believe they asked all the right questions for the position - with the exception to not asking anything technical.

Interview Questions

• Pulled out some data and had me do some analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• What firm evaluation methods do you know.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of an initial call from a recruiter with basic experience questions. This was followed by 2 additional phone interviews with managers then an in person interview with more managers.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty as the expectation and experience required of the role was lower than my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher pay than initially offered.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Interview Questions

• Probability questions   1 Answer
    • credit card related questions ..line increase and other terms   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and stress free interview. I felt very at ease and open to ask any questions I had of my own. After meeting with the managing director, I was introduced to both junior and senior traders and was able to ask them questions about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job relate to this position?   1 Answer

Control Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I spent the entire day interviewing with four different officers. I thought that interviews went very well, as they went really smoothly, but it took Citi more than two months to finally give an offer to someone else, who in the end declined it. Howeve, I must stress, the interviews were very pleasant as well as the interviewers. no tricky questions, all straight questions.

Interview Questions

• Other than the position in discussion, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied and completed various personality and ethics tests at the headquarters. From there I was contacted by the head financial advisor of the branch that was hiring for an interview. Interviewed two times with the head advisor and decided that it was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Too much time would be spent cold calling and doing administrative tasks from the start.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with an associate and vice president. Followed the typical IB protocol: walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, and then some technical questions, and lastly some time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is minority interest subtracted out in calculation of free cash flow?   Answer Question
    • Why would you use one multiple over another for a certain industry?   Answer Question