Citi Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Retail Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied online for a position I was emailed by HR to set up a phone screen. After talking with the (very nice) HR rep, I was told the salary which was less than I was making. I appreciated being told this info up front as to not waste anyone's time. I was really interested in the company so I decided to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager in case there was flexibility with the salary. The hiring manager never called at our confirmed time so I decided not to pursue that role any longer. The next week another HR person contacted me about a similar role with a higher salary and we set up a time to talk for about 20 min (walking through resume). She then asked if I was available to come in over 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. The week of the interview I still hadn't gotten any info on when and where the interview would take place. I followed up a few times and was finally sent an interview itinerary 2 days before I was to come in. Luckily I was already off this day so I didn't need to worry about time, but I found the process to be very scattered. The itinerary had me there for 2 hours, with two sets of panel interviews with 3 people in each session. The panel interviews were average. Only 2 people showed up in both instead of 3. The first set had the actual hiring manager and he was very engaged. I was asked to walk through my resume and some scenario questions - overall went well. The second part was very awkward. Neither interviewer seemed to have any specific questions or very much practice in interviewing. I ended up leading most of the time. I sent an email to thank the HR rep who set everything up and asked what the next steps were. She then told me they were interviewing internal candidates the following week, so I should hear something in about 2 weeks. Two weeks went by so I sent a follow up email with no response. I decided to send another final email a week later as one last attempt and was then told I wasn't going to be getting an offer. Overall most people were very nice but for such a large company, I expected a more regimented process.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several individuals. It wasn't too difficult. More of a personality check than anything else. No technical questions were asked even though it was for a technical position. Overall it went very well and I believe they asked all the right questions for the position - with the exception to not asking anything technical.

Interview Questions

• Pulled out some data and had me do some analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• What firm evaluation methods do you know.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people the first round. There were other candidates there as well. Each person took time to interview every person for about 30 minutes. Then after that round they conducted two telephone interviews. I was hired after the second phone interview. The on boarding process was easy and great.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of an initial call from a recruiter with basic experience questions. This was followed by 2 additional phone interviews with managers then an in person interview with more managers.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty as the expectation and experience required of the role was lower than my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher pay than initially offered.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Interview Questions

• Probability questions   1 Answer
    • credit card related questions ..line increase and other terms   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and stress free interview. I felt very at ease and open to ask any questions I had of my own. After meeting with the managing director, I was introduced to both junior and senior traders and was able to ask them questions about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job relate to this position?   1 Answer

Control Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I spent the entire day interviewing with four different officers. I thought that interviews went very well, as they went really smoothly, but it took Citi more than two months to finally give an offer to someone else, who in the end declined it. Howeve, I must stress, the interviews were very pleasant as well as the interviewers. no tricky questions, all straight questions.

Interview Questions

• Other than the position in discussion, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question