Citi Collector Interview Questions

2.2

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

First, you fill out an online questionnaire - then you might get a call based on your answers. I received a call within 3 days, at which time a phone interview was scheduled for about one week later. The phone interview was scheduled for an hour, it probably lasted less than 30 minutes for me. After that, I was told I would be recommended for an in-person interview and should hear back with 7-10 days. That 7-10 days turned out to be more like a month, but I did hear back, which was to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview took place about two months after the phone interview, and that lasted about 30 minutes. My interviewer said she would recommend me for hire but it was ultimately up to HR who would also decide my rate of pay. I found out within 10 days I had been hired and that the next class would be starting in October - so I had to wait almost a full two months before actually starting work. So about four months from submitting the online questionnaire to actually starting work.

Interview Questions
  • Provide an example of when you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
Not much negotiation but some - I was started on the high end of starting hourly rate since based on my background and work experience, they basically told me I was over-qualified. You are stuck with whatever schedule they are hiring for at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

I found this job online, and placed my information along with a personality and skill test online. I was told that I would receive a phone call from HR had my tests passed, which they did. HR scheduled a 1:1 interview for the following week. The interview was rather easy, seeing as I have an extensive customer service background. Typical questions involved scenario-based reasoning i.e. "How would you handle this situation? Please be as specific as possible".

Within the following week, I was offered a job. However, the following day the hiring manager reneged on the offer, citing that "We can't offer you the job, but you placed very highly on our performance assessment". A couple weeks later, I was essentially offered a back-up position, with the same hiring manager citing that "Our training class is full for this date, however, if one person doesn't show up, we will give you a call". I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A customer calls saying that they are receiving a notice in the mail for a bill that is due at the end of the month. They talked to another representative and said that they worked out an arrangement on paying the bill, and they do not understand why they're getting this bill. How would you handle this?   View Answer

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in December 2008.

The interview process was very easy just be yourself. First you take an online assessment then you get a pone interview if you pass. During the phone interview speak clearly and you'll get a 1:1. From there have a copy of you resume and its smooth sailing.

Collector Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in April 2008.

take a weird test and interview one on one only if u pass they dont call you for 2 whole months... i had given up.