Citi Customer Contact Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

First I applied online. Then I received a call and email to set-up a phone interview. This interview was fairly easy, she just asked questions about your background and "Name a situation where you handled an upset customer". After I answered the questions, the recruiter informed me that there was an open interview spot for 3pm the next day. I arrived at the office (which is beautiful!) and met with a manager.
This was a 1:1 interview. Now these questions were harder, mostly behavioral questions. The other name for this position is "Everyday Hero" and all questions revolved around the word Hero. The questions were as such: "Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer." "Name a time where you had to collaborate with another co-worker to achieve efficiency" "Name a time when you realized there was a more efficient way to do a process and how you handled it" "what kind of manager experience helped you the most" etc.
the following Monday, I was contacted by HR and started New Hire paperwork, which consists of a hefty background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was happy with the pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Customer Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview

Just like the other reviews stated, when you apply for a position at Citi, part of the application process is pretty standard. However, they do have a section where you have an hour to complete a series of behavioral type questions. That same day, I received notice that I successfully qualified on the assessment. Five days later I received a phone call from Citi as a very quick phone type interview. The purpose of that call was to see how I heard about Citi and why I wanted to work there. After talking for no more than five mins, an in person interview was set up and I received an email to complete more electronic paper work before the interview.

The interview process was very relaxed. One person was there to ask me more behavioral work related questions, the process took no more than 15-20 mins.

That very same day, I got the call saying they would like to hire me. Very smooth and positive hiring/interview process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Questions ranged from, can you name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer; explain your greatest accomplishment and explain a difficult situation that you encountered during work and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they told you the pay and you either accept the position or decline it, but I was pretty content with what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Start the process by visiting Citi's website and the Careers section. Once their, one can search for the specific job by title, by typing a general description such as Call Center, or by browsing jobs according to locations. Complete the application, completely; and don't lie about any criminal background because Citi's research will turn up every police report ever filed on you. You'll get a phone call and telephone interview. Then they'll schedule an in person interview that ask basically the same questions, but adds a few situational questions to determine how well you think "on your feet." Next comes a photograph portrait and fingerprinting. The fingerprinting is what will find any criminal past. Then you give a urine sample at a drug test lab and wait for Citi to call you, saying you got the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are at work and experience a difficult to handle customer on the phone, one who calls you some ugly names, what would you do?
      2. You see an employee stealing confidential information about customers. What would you do?
      3. Explain a time when you ran into a problem and had to solve it by yourself. What was the problem, how did you solve it, and what was the result?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid $10.70 per hour plus whatever bonus you earn from your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Saint Charles, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

I recieved a email stating that citi wanted to have a phone interview, you get to choose the time of the interview. I would study about your position you are applying for and study about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a previous experience with a upset customer, how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online which also consisted of a personality test. I received an email the next day asking to call and set up an on-site interview. I received a confirmation email with directions and name of contact. When I arrived, I was told the original contact was busy so I had to interview with someone else. This person appeared to be unprepared. He was constantly flipping through a binder and asking general questions at random. I did have to read a few paragraphs from a card so he could hear how I would sound on the phone. I was also told I would be selling products and services as well as customer service. On a side note- I noticed rainbow banners hanging in the lobby to celebrate Gay Pride during the month of June.

Interview Questions

• Name a good decision you made recently.   1 Answer