Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very standard. With your application you need to fill out an assessment. Once you completed it you had a 5 minute basic interview to see if you qualified for the position. You were told the salary and the basics you need to know. You get scheduled for an in-person interview with a hiring manager from the department that is hiring. It was again standard ,"tell me time when you..." questions.Once it is done you wait for weeks for the HR to find a spot in a training class. My experience was very disorganized. I interviewed for one position just to be told to interview for another. Overall it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Gray, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took less than a week. I heard about the job through word of mouth on a Thursday, and quickly applied online and took the assessment. I heard back less than 24 hours later from corporate wanting to do a quick phone interview. I talked to the guy from corporate for maybe ten minutes and he let me know that they would like to do an on-site interview, so I scheduled that for the following Monday. The lady that referred me really gave me some great interview tips for what the interview at Citi would be like. The interview itself took about 30 minutes to complete, and the man interviewing me was really nice and after all the behavioral and situational questions, told me I did a great job and that HR would be in contact with me soon. On Tuesday afternoon, HR called an extended an offer. I just went yesterday for my fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen. My first day is August 10th. Flexible schedule and pretty good pay for a starting position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer at $11 an hour with weekend differential pay was good with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (Gray, TN).

Interview

You will have a phone interview only, no face to face interview. It consists of the standard set of questions that most corporate opening use. They do not tell you that they are using the STAR method, but this is what they are looking for. The questions include -Tell me about a time when you had to work with an irate customer. -Tell me about a time when you had to work with a customer who had unrealistic expectations. Be very positive and upbeat during the interview. It was a pleasant experience; the interviewer was quick but effective, very friendly and sincere. I was told at the end of the phone interview that I would receive an offer and I did within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; I was given a 'take it or leave it" offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called within 45 minutes. Set up phone interview and was offered position and fingerprinted within a day! Set up drug screen and training dates quickly. email and phone communication was excellent. Detailed questions but just listen and answer completely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about stressful work situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi in May 2015.

Interview

Called back for interview and ask a few basic behavioral questions and then had to participate in 2 role playing questions/answers. Was very informal and was offered a position within that time. Human resource rep came in and made a formal job offer and then had to do finger prints and drug screen and background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Citi's call center for a customer service job online on a Sunday night. The only application was very straight forward and consisted of a test; basic math skills, personality, and an area where you had to match account numbers. For the most part, it was easy so don't stress too much about it. The next day before noon, I got a call from the corporate office. They did a short little phone interview where they basically told me what the job was and the possible hours and double checked if that was still something I was interested in. I told them yes and she asked a few questions about my work history. I was then told that they would like to send me on to the next step which was an interview at the call center I'd be working at. She wanted to schedule it for the next day, which was Tuesday, but I sadly had to work at my current job so I had to go in on Wednesday. I arrived 10 minutes early to the call center on that Wednesday and was given a little badge and told to sit down and someone would be with me soon. Not 5 minutes later, a young man came out and took me back to do my interview. The first part was again reminding me of the job description and requirements and verifying that I was ok with all that. I was so he continued on to the second part which consisted of scenario based questions. I gave my best answers and could easily relate it to instances that happened at my current job. The entire interview probably took about 30 minutes and I was told that I would get a call within the next couple of days. I interviewed on a Wednesday and I got my call on that following Monday saying that I got the job! The entire process took a week, which was amazing! The phone call consisted of the hiring manager telling me what my pay would be, when training started, dress code, next steps, and creating an account so I could access important stuff like the I-9 and stuff. I made an appointment to get drug tested on the next day and returned to the call center to be fingerprinted on that Wednesday. HR conducted a background check and that took about a week. What's really nice is that there is a checklist online so you can see what's going on and when it passed. I start my training class in a week and I am very excited about it. I would recommend that if people want to apply for this job, they should have a clean background and don't get nervous about the interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview on the phone and 1 hr in person interview. Wasn't asked questions the guy hired me after talking 10 minutes. Recruiter came in and made offer. I wasn't too happy about the offer or the misinformation that was provided on the requisition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Citibank on a Friday and I received a call back the following Tuesday, I had a quick phone interview about 10 minutes then the recuiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I arrived to my interview earlier so I waited patiently. Eventually, the manager came out and escorted me to a conference room. He gave me a short essay to read about what the job would entail, he had me read the last paragraph (I assumed it was to hear how I sounded.) The hiring manager didn't have my resume so I provided him with a copy. He asked a few questions and told me about the job and what all Citi had to offer. We ended the meeting on a good note and he told me I'd hear back in one week. I hear back a little over a week later. I interviewed in Jacksonville, FL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation except for shift.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

Negotiation

as-is