Citi

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – How did you handle dealing with an irrate customer.

Interview Question – How did you handle an irrate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations.

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in person, filled out application, stayed for interview, received job offer and accepted. Offered different shits and picked one also was advised the compensation for the job obtained.

Interview Question – work experience   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met with senior management and managers

Interview Question – How do you provide customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I should have

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked questions about experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is not willing to pay on an account?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to deal with a upset customer?   Answer Question

Boise, ID

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had a brief discussion over the phone (was out of state) with an HR rep to verify previous employment and answer a few personality questions. Had another phone interview that was more in depth, lasted about 1 hour, discussed my accomplishments and my goals. Focused directly on your customer service skill set, and the interviewer asked questions on how or why I dealt with a particular situation. I'm pretty sure it was a script that the interviewer had to follow through.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment at your current or previous employment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my pay unfortunately. It was not even brought up that the position was for Sales. What was discussed throughout the whole process was customer service oriented.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, then a few hours later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview for the next week. The phone interview was about 15minutes, he asked why I wanted to work at Citigroup and which position I was interested in. He then asked me some situational and behavioral questions and a lot of "give me a time when" questions. After that I was told I would hear some back in 5-10 days if they were interested. I received an email a couple days later to notify me that I passed the phone interview and to call and schedule an on site interview. I did and made the interview a couple days later. When you get there, you have to check in with security, they were very friendly. The interview went smoothly. He went over what the job was like and told me the expectations of it, and asked if I was still interested in it. I was asked asked of lot of "describe a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 20-25min. I was then informed that they would let me know if they are interested. I got a call back the next day with an offer and accepted it.

Interview Question – Name a time when you provided great customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I didn't negotiate because I didn't have any previous experience. But I was very happy with the pay.

Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to this position via careerbuilder. I immediately received an invitation through my email to schedule a phone interview upon completion of the assessment and application. I scheduled the phone interview for two days later. After that interview, I was told yhat someone would contact me in 5-10 business days if they were interested. I was given a callback within that period as an invite to go onto the site for a one on one interview. Once that was completed, I was then informed if they were interested someone would be in contact. That took about 2 weeks before I finally received the cal that extended the job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had an extremely irate customer. What did you do EXACTLY to assist that customer? What were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Customer Service Representative position. After I submitted my application, I checked my e-mail and I had received a invitation to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I had the phone interview, which involved straight forward behavioral type questions. The interviewer asked about a time I had to learn a new computer program and how long did it take to learn, as well as describing a situation when I had used a couple of different programs at once and how did I manage it. I was also asked how I managed what was most important to the least important.
Three days after the phone interview, I received a call to schedule an in person interview. I was told that they would be sending an e-mail with paperwork that needed to be filled out prior the interview. The paperwork took less than an hour to do, just general stuff concerning work history and various other pre-hire questions. The next day, I had the in- person interview, which took about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes of the interview consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position, hours, and what was expected from employees within the company. The last 15 minutes of the interview consisted of situational type interview questions and of course answering the many questions I had. At the end, I was told that it could take 7-10 days to hear back about an offer. The interviewer said to be sure and watch my e-mail.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation when a boss wanted you to meet an unexpected outcome? How did you go about accomplishing this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied online, took and passed the assessment test. After I had to schedule a phone interview. It was set for Wednesday, October 2nd. The recruiter informed me briefly of the position and it's pay, told me of the schedules, and the training schedules. He then went on to ask about my work history and behavioral questions. The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes. He informed me that he was submitting my info to the local recruiters and u should hear back in 7-10 days. 2 hours later I got a call from a local recruiter to schedule my interview for the next day. Thursday came and my interview was at 12. I came late because it was difficult to find the location, of course I called before to inform them. I get there and wait to be called for my interview. The interviewer invited me in a room and asked me about my last 2 previous jobs and a series of questions based upon them- work ethic, behavioral questions, multitasking, adjusting to new things, etc. that interview lasted a good 45 minutes. Afterwards he told me to take a seat. I waited for 15 to 20 minutes, and was invited back into another room and was informed that they wanted to offer me the position. I was suppose to do a 2nd interview, but she was out for a luncheon. The man at the front desk did inform me that if you stay longer, you are more than likely to get the job..,just be confident and answer the questions well throughout.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process takes weeks to even be call for an interview and sometimes longer. Once you do get an interview, you are asked many questions that really do not relate to the job function of answering phones

Interview Question – Why do you want to sit in front of a computer all day and answer phone calls?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.