Citi

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.4

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2009.

Applied in person, filled out application, stayed for interview, received job offer and accepted. Offered different shits and picked one also was advised the compensation for the job obtained.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2010.

Met with senior management and managers

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I should have

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Asked questions about experiences.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who is not willing to pay on an account?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a upset customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

How did you handle dealing with an irrate customer.

Interview Questions
    there were no negotiations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

I applied online, then a few hours later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview for the next week. The phone interview was about 15minutes, he asked why I wanted to work at Citigroup and which position I was interested in. He then asked me some situational and behavioral questions and a lot of "give me a time when" questions. After that I was told I would hear some back in 5-10 days if they were interested. I received an email a couple days later to notify me that I passed the phone interview and to call and schedule an on site interview. I did and made the interview a couple days later. When you get there, you have to check in with security, they were very friendly. The interview went smoothly. He went over what the job was like and told me the expectations of it, and asked if I was still interested in it. I was asked asked of lot of "describe a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 20-25min. I was then informed that they would let me know if they are interested. I got a call back the next day with an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you provided great customer service?   View Answer
    No I didn't negotiate because I didn't have any previous experience. But I was very happy with the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2010.

The process takes weeks to even be call for an interview and sometimes longer. Once you do get an interview, you are asked many questions that really do not relate to the job function of answering phones

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to sit in front of a computer all day and answer phone calls?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

I applied online for a Customer Service Representative position. After I submitted my application, I checked my e-mail and I had received a invitation to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I had the phone interview, which involved straight forward behavioral type questions. The interviewer asked about a time I had to learn a new computer program and how long did it take to learn, as well as describing a situation when I had used a couple of different programs at once and how did I manage it. I was also asked how I managed what was most important to the least important.
    Three days after the phone interview, I received a call to schedule an in person interview. I was told that they would be sending an e-mail with paperwork that needed to be filled out prior the interview. The paperwork took less than an hour to do, just general stuff concerning work history and various other pre-hire questions. The next day, I had the in- person interview, which took about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes of the interview consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position, hours, and what was expected from employees within the company. The last 15 minutes of the interview consisted of situational type interview questions and of course answering the many questions I had. At the end, I was told that it could take 7-10 days to hear back about an offer. The interviewer said to be sure and watch my e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when a boss wanted you to meet an unexpected outcome? How did you go about accomplishing this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I first applied online, took and passed the assessment test. After I had to schedule a phone interview. It was set for Wednesday, October 2nd. The recruiter informed me briefly of the position and it's pay, told me of the schedules, and the training schedules. He then went on to ask about my work history and behavioral questions. The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes. He informed me that he was submitting my info to the local recruiters and u should hear back in 7-10 days. 2 hours later I got a call from a local recruiter to schedule my interview for the next day. Thursday came and my interview was at 12. I came late because it was difficult to find the location, of course I called before to inform them. I get there and wait to be called for my interview. The interviewer invited me in a room and asked me about my last 2 previous jobs and a series of questions based upon them- work ethic, behavioral questions, multitasking, adjusting to new things, etc. that interview lasted a good 45 minutes. Afterwards he told me to take a seat. I waited for 15 to 20 minutes, and was invited back into another room and was informed that they wanted to offer me the position. I was suppose to do a 2nd interview, but she was out for a luncheon. The man at the front desk did inform me that if you stay longer, you are more than likely to get the job..,just be confident and answer the questions well throughout.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Applied initially online, took an assessment test, was notified promptly that I passed and would be contacted by a recruiter. Next day recruiter contacted me, I missed the phone call, so I received an email from her, after following up with email, I contacted again was told information would be forwarded to local recruiters, and that was 2 days ago.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavior Type Questions. Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

as-is