Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interviews are completely form driven. All open ended questions such as "Tell me about a time when you < >. Everyone has the same questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, what caused it, what did you do about it and what was the end result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered, I pointed out I had more experience, they came up a miniscule amount. HR is extremely limited in what they can offer. It's either this or that. There's no real negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Received an email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. This lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled for an interview Friday at 5pm. Basic interview questions about how I would handle situations so on and so forth. Was told that I would hear back within 7-10 business days. It's now Monday and my interview was Friday night.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Basic interview questions asked that I have been asked before in previous interviews. Basically "Tell me when..." questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Irving, TX).

Interview

It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview

After online assessment, I was emailed to pick a date and time for a phone interview...it was more like a screening....she talked about the position....the hours and the pay. (that is where she lost me) low pay....for what I was looking for.

low pay 9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Florence, KY) in October 2010.

Interview

The managers are all down to earth but professional.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offer what they offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Meridian, ID) in July 2010.

Interview

Pretty simple process. You will start with a quick phone screening. They will ask you why you left previous jobs, and why you want to work for Citi. They also asked me if I knew anyone that worked there, and what did I know about the company.

After the phone interview you will go in and meet with a HR rep. They are very nice and help you get ready to talk to the "hiring manager." You go in a small room and get asked questions about your phone skills, if you are used to sitting all day, how you handle irate customers, and what hours will you be available to work. They ask you about your sales abilities, however they do not mention how sales intensive this job is. I am telling you now, you will need to sell to keep this job. Go up to the collections department instead. It is more laid back, and you never have to make outbound calls.

After the interview with the hiring manager, I was brought back to the HR area and was offered a position. They had the offer letter and everything ready to go. They told me the dress code, the day training started and that I had to clear the background screening. That was pretty much it. They started me at $11.50 (this was in 2008) I left in 2011 making $13.75 an hour, plus commission.

Interview Questions

• They asked 3 times about why I left previous employers. They try to get people to stay, but it is a call center, not everyone is cut out for this type of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started me off at $11.50. They didn't let me negotiate it. It was take it or leave it. The benefits package and tuition reimbursement was pretty awesome though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I spplied online, did a test, then the same dy an HR rep called and did a phone interview. She scheduled me for an onsite interview the very next day. Went in....along with about others. The interview was very short, he asked how Ive handled customer compalints or an unpleasant situation, what I like best about my previous jobs, why I want to work for CITI and what my best attributes are. I got hired about 2 mins later. VERY easy. This was for a call center and they needed people right away. The schedule was pretty terrible either 8am-430pm Saturday-Wednesday or 5am-330pm Sunday-Wednesday they had another shift for weekends and nights. No choice inthe matter, they just throw you into a group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview on the phone and 1 hr in person interview. Wasn't asked questions the guy hired me after talking 10 minutes. Recruiter came in and made offer. I wasn't too happy about the offer or the misinformation that was provided on the requisition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a 2 step process. First, there was a one to one which was very relaxed and was a more of getting to know you meeting. The second was a group interview where you had a written test then had to do an exercise with the group.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2015.

Interview

Called back for interview and ask a few basic behavioral questions and then had to participate in 2 role playing questions/answers. Was very informal and was offered a position within that time. Human resource rep came in and made a formal job offer and then had to do finger prints and drug screen and background check.