Citi

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Interviews are completely form driven. All open ended questions such as "Tell me about a time when you < >. Everyone has the same questions to answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, what caused it, what did you do about it and what was the end result.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered, I pointed out I had more experience, they came up a miniscule amount. HR is extremely limited in what they can offer. It's either this or that. There's no real negotiation.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Received an email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. This lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled for an interview Friday at 5pm. Basic interview questions about how I would handle situations so on and so forth. Was told that I would hear back within 7-10 business days. It's now Monday and my interview was Friday night.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Basic interview questions asked that I have been asked before in previous interviews. Basically "Tell me when..." questions.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Interview Question – nothing to my knowledge. it was very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiation

Customer Service Representative

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – After online assessment, I was emailed to pick a date and time for a phone interview...it was more like a screening....she talked about the position....the hours and the pay. (that is where she lost me) low pay....for what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – low pay 9.50/hr

Florence, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – The managers are all down to earth but professional.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They offer what they offer

Meridian, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. You will start with a quick phone screening. They will ask you why you left previous jobs, and why you want to work for Citi. They also asked me if I knew anyone that worked there, and what did I know about the company.

After the phone interview you will go in and meet with a HR rep. They are very nice and help you get ready to talk to the "hiring manager." You go in a small room and get asked questions about your phone skills, if you are used to sitting all day, how you handle irate customers, and what hours will you be available to work. They ask you about your sales abilities, however they do not mention how sales intensive this job is. I am telling you now, you will need to sell to keep this job. Go up to the collections department instead. It is more laid back, and you never have to make outbound calls.

After the interview with the hiring manager, I was brought back to the HR area and was offered a position. They had the offer letter and everything ready to go. They told me the dress code, the day training started and that I had to clear the background screening. That was pretty much it. They started me at $11.50 (this was in 2008) I left in 2011 making $13.75 an hour, plus commission.

Interview Question – They asked 3 times about why I left previous employers. They try to get people to stay, but it is a call center, not everyone is cut out for this type of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started me off at $11.50. They didn't let me negotiate it. It was take it or leave it. The benefits package and tuition reimbursement was pretty awesome though.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I spplied online, did a test, then the same dy an HR rep called and did a phone interview. She scheduled me for an onsite interview the very next day. Went in....along with about others. The interview was very short, he asked how Ive handled customer compalints or an unpleasant situation, what I like best about my previous jobs, why I want to work for CITI and what my best attributes are. I got hired about 2 mins later. VERY easy. This was for a call center and they needed people right away. The schedule was pretty terrible either 8am-430pm Saturday-Wednesday or 5am-330pm Sunday-Wednesday they had another shift for weekends and nights. No choice inthe matter, they just throw you into a group.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Gray, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2012.

Interview Details – Getting an in person interview was easy, fill out the app online, get an email to set up a phone interview through a third party who asks basic questions about your experience and skill set. In person interview was scheduled for a week later. Was told I would hear back either way (whether hired or passed on) within a week. Two weeks later, and a few phone calls to HR, finally heard that I would be offered a position, but took another week to get the official call to accept and be informed of wages/schedule/drug testing/fingerprinting. First day was scheduled for 3 more weeks after that! Be patient with this company, they move slow.

Interview Question – Give a specific time when you dealt with a customer, and the steps you took to provide service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer $9.71 an hour, but full benefits start the day you do

Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online took an assessment and recieved an e-mail inviting me for a telephone interview the next morning. I resarched the customer contact postion and the hourly wage wasn't too thrilled. I did the interview anyways and I was told 10.25, 20% wknd differential, 10% night

Interview Question – 2 or 3 behaviour style questions about customers and complaints.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2008.

Interview Details – They are desparate to fill vacancies left after the downsizing.

Interview Question – Do you feel the onus should be on the customer to be aware of all aspects of a product or service, or do you feel the company offerring the product should be saddlesd with full disclosure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wanted to keep my soul

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!