Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was friendly and inviting. The interviewer had a relax approach which wasn't at all uncomfortable. The interviewer asked the right probing questions to reassure that I was the right fit for the job. The interviewer was presented as a good reflection of the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Gray, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Gray, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took less than a week. I heard about the job through word of mouth on a Thursday, and quickly applied online and took the assessment. I heard back less than 24 hours later from corporate wanting to do a quick phone interview. I talked to the guy from corporate for maybe ten minutes and he let me know that they would like to do an on-site interview, so I scheduled that for the following Monday. The lady that referred me really gave me some great interview tips for what the interview at Citi would be like. The interview itself took about 30 minutes to complete, and the man interviewing me was really nice and after all the behavioral and situational questions, told me I did a great job and that HR would be in contact with me soon. On Tuesday afternoon, HR called an extended an offer. I just went yesterday for my fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen. My first day is August 10th. Flexible schedule and pretty good pay for a starting position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer at $11 an hour with weekend differential pay was good with me.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

There was an Initial phone interview. Then an online assessment test. If you make it through that you will get a face-to-face interview. They will tell you to wait if they are going to make you an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very standard. With your application you need to fill out an assessment. Once you completed it you had a 5 minute basic interview to see if you qualified for the position. You were told the salary and the basics you need to know. You get scheduled for an in-person interview with a hiring manager from the department that is hiring. It was again standard ,"tell me time when you..." questions.Once it is done you wait for weeks for the HR to find a spot in a training class. My experience was very disorganized. I interviewed for one position just to be told to interview for another. Overall it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)) in March 2015.

Interview

They asking about job description about this title, what the responsibility about this job, why you choose this company, what you want or hope for this company, how much salary do you expect, what your last job, what will you do for this company, etc

Interview Questions

• they ask about my personality   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I went in and it was basically a group test then .who ever scored a certain amount got an interview that day. I had a one on one interview then a benefits review and the results of my interview. Then they scrolled is for second interview and fingerprints.

Interview Questions

• What can I offer the company?   1 Answer
    • How can they benefit me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anything is possible if you are consist and confident. Don't be cocky just persistent.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Florence, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

in a small room with one interviewer, the interview opened by talking a little about there experience at Citi and how long been there, then Spock about the job and requirements of the job. then started to ask me questions, and ended up with "do you have any questions for me"

Interview Questions

• open ended questions, give me a time when --- and what happened and how that affected type questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called within 45 minutes. Set up phone interview and was offered position and fingerprinted within a day! Set up drug screen and training dates quickly. email and phone communication was excellent. Detailed questions but just listen and answer completely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about stressful work situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gray, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (Gray, TN).

Interview

You will have a phone interview only, no face to face interview. It consists of the standard set of questions that most corporate opening use. They do not tell you that they are using the STAR method, but this is what they are looking for. The questions include -Tell me about a time when you had to work with an irate customer. -Tell me about a time when you had to work with a customer who had unrealistic expectations. Be very positive and upbeat during the interview. It was a pleasant experience; the interviewer was quick but effective, very friendly and sincere. I was told at the end of the phone interview that I would receive an offer and I did within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; I was given a 'take it or leave it" offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi in May 2015.

Interview

Called back for interview and ask a few basic behavioral questions and then had to participate in 2 role playing questions/answers. Was very informal and was offered a position within that time. Human resource rep came in and made a formal job offer and then had to do finger prints and drug screen and background check.