Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Interview Question – What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst CATE Interview

Summer Analyst CATE
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Was quite straight forward. Interview was conducted by 2 CATE managers. Resume based questions. Technical questions asked related to the company's requirement. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Asked about previous work experience. how did you deal with type of questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Interview Question – nothing to my knowledge. it was very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiation

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received call from HR as a pre-screen.
Had second interview with Hiring manager and an associate tech.

Interview Question – No real unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty fixed. Not much room for negotiation.

Architect Interview

Architect
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, then onsite interview. long process. hiring freeze may come in the way to interrupt everything.

Interview Question – interview questions are generally straight forward.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Question – They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Senior Officer
Roanoke, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I was contacted through an external recruiter upon having shown interest, I had to wait another 4 months before any one contacted me from Citi. It was only upon my persistence and due diligence that I did not slip through the seems. Once the ball started rolling I was brought tin for a technical interview by the manger and the team lead of my group.

The interview was formal but the environment was friendly unlike some other interviews I have had in the past with other companies.

Interview Question – Nothing beyond the usual. I would say mostly people skills and a little bit of technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $75k but was approved for $72k. I did not persist as my situation was such that I did not have the luxury to play hard ball over a trivial amount of money.

Fraud Specialist Interview

Fraud Specialist
Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was very specific and to the point

Interview Question – Short term goal, that can be tricky   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was well organized

Supplier Audit Position Interview

Supplier Audit Position
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted by a global recruiter out of NY. The telephone interview went well and I was scheduled for a face to face interview in Irving. The recruiter indicated they were in a hiring mode so there would not be the need for multiple interviews.

Interviewed with two different managers back to back. The interviews were extremely structured (behavioral questions) and relatively short (30 minutes each). This format did not allow time to ask questions about the position, environment, expectations, or next steps. I tried to follow up with the recruiter concerning the status of the position but have yet to receive a reply. I am disappointed since I was lead to believe they were ready to hire qualified individuals after months of cutbacks and delays. I also followed up with the two managers who did not reply to my inquiries as well.

I am wondering if this is the right environment for me....

Interview Question – I was asked what did I see as the three greatest risk for that area.   View Answer

Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Citi in December 2009.

Interview Details – Standard Corporate Hiring process with HR interview, technical interview. Normal standard hiring questions, takes some time to get a decision. Salaries are predefined ranges for certain positions and vary much depending on hiring location even within the same team.

Interview Question – what was your biggest personal success   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none - they made an offer, I accepted

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.