Citi

Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.8

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict? And if you need some information for a client and you can't get ahold of the person you need to contact how would you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Collections Specialist/Customer Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in December 2014.

A recruiter called to do an over the phone interview. It was very quick and straight to the point. She asked me about past work experience and why I left each job. Then she scheduled a face to face interview. I meet with a very pleasant man who interviewed me. The interview was more of a conversation where he asked about past work history but wanted specific examples of certain situations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2014.

30 minute interview on the phone and 1 hr in person interview. Wasn't asked questions the guy hired me after talking 10 minutes. Recruiter came in and made offer. I wasn't too happy about the offer or the misinformation that was provided on the requisition.

Non negotiable pay.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

very simple interview basic scenario questions. almost all the questions began with tell me about a time. I had to take an assesment prior to interview it was pretty common sense.

no negotiation. pay was either you take it or leave.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in July 2014.

Spoke with the recruiter and a phone screen was setup with the hiring manager. After that I was invited to 4 rounds of onsite interview. The recruiter called me stating that the offer was being worked upon but I did not hear back even after emailing a couple of times. (PS:The hiring team was very courteous and polite.)

Interview Questions
    • General questions about past experience. Tell me about a time when you initiated a project and approached management for their buy-in.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Summer Analyst CATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Was quite straight forward. Interview was conducted by 2 CATE managers. Resume based questions. Technical questions asked related to the company's requirement. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about previous work experience. how did you deal with type of questions   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Non-negotiation

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

I was contacted through an external recruiter upon having shown interest, I had to wait another 4 months before any one contacted me from Citi. It was only upon my persistence and due diligence that I did not slip through the seems. Once the ball started rolling I was brought tin for a technical interview by the manger and the team lead of my group.

The interview was formal but the environment was friendly unlike some other interviews I have had in the past with other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing beyond the usual. I would say mostly people skills and a little bit of technical skills.   Answer Question
    I asked for $75k but was approved for $72k. I did not persist as my situation was such that I did not have the luxury to play hard ball over a trivial amount of money.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question