Citi

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – On campus interview and a superday which included 6 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Question – None, it was mainly a fit-type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Questions were mostly geared towards understanding your personality traits. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Why is good communication important?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was informative but difficult. Questions were quantative and technical. Follow-up call informative, person told me my strengths and weaknesses in the interview. Accepted the offer via e-mail in the following week. Everyone extremely kind and welcoming

Interview Question – Where does most of the bank's revenue come from?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went for the first round of interviews at Citigroup. It was mostly about my resume, strengths, weaknesses, describe challenging situation at work, how did you handle it. They asked me to give a lot of examples form my previous work and graduate school.

Interview Questions

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed on campus 2:1. They asked relatively simple questions regarding why I wanted to work there and what I knew about the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter. Had 1st interview with hiring manager. Very informal, asked on the spot if I would come back for 2nd interview. Met head of the dept next time. Informal chat. No compentancy based questions.

Interview Question – All pretty straight forward, none caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ok, since I went through a recruiter

Goregaon (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was shortlisted through a placement agency. The Interviewer took a Stress Interview. He poker faced asked all questions. No technical questions as such. Although he was quite perturbed about my location and travelling time, since I stay quite far from the office location.

Interview Question – How long are you willing to wait for the correct job opportunity?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in September 2008.

Interview Details – some panel interviews and phone interviews with people intend to work with

Interview Question – Why do you wish to join this firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – given some opportunity to negotiate; little insight into actual work

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – In late September, I got notified of the first round phone interviews with Citi Hong Kong. Had nice conversations with an asso and an analyst from Hong Kong as well as an analyst from Singapore. The phone interviews was heavily focused on technical questions: personal view of Chines Real Estate market, basic knowledge of Finance and some case questions. The final round was held in NYC, one with a VP from HK and the other with a Director from Singapore. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2008.

Interview Details – I walked in the store to inquire about Job opportunities. I applied on line and after two weeks i got a call and i was interviewed over the phone. It was then followed by face to face interview

Interview Question – How do you manage gossip at workplace?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!