Citi

Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was informative but difficult. Questions were quantative and technical. Follow-up call informative, person told me my strengths and weaknesses in the interview. Accepted the offer via e-mail in the following week. Everyone extremely kind and welcoming

Interview Question – Where does most of the bank's revenue come from?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Questions were mostly geared towards understanding your personality traits. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Why is good communication important?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Goregaon (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was shortlisted through a placement agency. The Interviewer took a Stress Interview. He poker faced asked all questions. No technical questions as such. Although he was quite perturbed about my location and travelling time, since I stay quite far from the office location.

Interview Question – How long are you willing to wait for the correct job opportunity?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter. Had 1st interview with hiring manager. Very informal, asked on the spot if I would come back for 2nd interview. Met head of the dept next time. Informal chat. No compentancy based questions.

Interview Question – All pretty straight forward, none caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ok, since I went through a recruiter

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – In late September, I got notified of the first round phone interviews with Citi Hong Kong. Had nice conversations with an asso and an analyst from Hong Kong as well as an analyst from Singapore. The phone interviews was heavily focused on technical questions: personal view of Chines Real Estate market, basic knowledge of Finance and some case questions. The final round was held in NYC, one with a VP from HK and the other with a Director from Singapore. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed on campus 2:1. They asked relatively simple questions regarding why I wanted to work there and what I knew about the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went for the first round of interviews at Citigroup. It was mostly about my resume, strengths, weaknesses, describe challenging situation at work, how did you handle it. They asked me to give a lot of examples form my previous work and graduate school.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.