Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview Details – one round of interview as it was an ad-hoc posting and they needed people to work for them for the summer

Interview Question – what industries do you follow? Give me a stockpitch   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

IBD Summer Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in Dec 2013.

Interview Question – what is minority interest   Answer Question

ECM Analyst Interview

ECM Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – People are being pretty critical in the process. However, it is reasonable, as investment banks do not tolerate a lot of mistakes. Attention to detail is important as well.

Interview Question – The most recent deal that Citi has closed in Greater China Area.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume to their HK investment banking office on December, 2011. Then 3 round phone interviews, then I was reached out by two people in a industry group. The final round (superday) was in January, I met three people with 30min for each.

Interview Question – Compare Citi with my previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was done with the HR person asking some general questions about my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses. Then, she scheduled for an 1:1 interview with a management person from HK who flew here. From my knowledge, there were several students from my school that got the interview. The 1:1 interview was harder. My friend who got the interview a few hours before me said he said her questions like did you read the newspaper headlines recently. But when he interviewed me, I was never asked that question. When I got to the interview, he asked me to start talking about myself and then he will jump me and start asking questions. He asked questions like why do you want to work at Citi, what do you know about citi, (he was looking for answers not just straight from their website. ), who do you consider to be citi's competitors and how is citi different from them, what do you know about banking. Those were the questions I remembered he asked. After the interview, I think I heard from them in a month or so because he had to go to other places to do interviews as well. A thing to note is that, they hire one person from each school. All the interns I met were all from different schools in UK, US, Canada, and HK.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – In late September, I got notified of the first round phone interviews with Citi Hong Kong. Had nice conversations with an asso and an analyst from Hong Kong as well as an analyst from Singapore. The phone interviews was heavily focused on technical questions: personal view of Chines Real Estate market, basic knowledge of Finance and some case questions. The final round was held in NYC, one with a VP from HK and the other with a Director from Singapore. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Country Summer Program Interview

Country Summer Program
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2009.

Interview Details – A pretty standard one
1) self-introduction
asked why i chose my program,
and follow up
then strengths and weaknesses
also some ECA on my resume
then why interested in this particular summer program

2) HR told me more about the program, expectations and start day

3) any questions to ask her

Interview Question – Um, not really one cause the questions were pretty standard.
all about yr experience
but mind the follow up questions though, got pretty in depth
  Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!