Citi Interview Questions in Hong Kong

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.3

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

First stage is online application, then phone interview with HR and then business manager interview (I only got until this stage). HR interview was mostly behavioral questions and lasted for 30 minutes and business manager interview was more specific to the MA role itself and lasted for almost 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Strength and weaknesses, what do you know about each division that you will rotate to   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2014.

Interview

3 telephone interviews by three associates in IBD HK, from TMT and corporate finance group. it was around 30 minutes for each telephone interview. after tel interview, there will be a on site group interview.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

one round of interview as it was an ad-hoc posting and they needed people to work for them for the summer

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied through online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in Dec 2013.

ECM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2013.

Interview

People are being pretty critical in the process. However, it is reasonable, as investment banks do not tolerate a lot of mistakes. Attention to detail is important as well.

Interview Questions

• The most recent deal that Citi has closed in Greater China Area.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume to their HK investment banking office on December, 2011. Then 3 round phone interviews, then I was reached out by two people in a industry group. The final round (superday) was in January, I met three people with 30min for each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2010.

Interview

In late September, I got notified of the first round phone interviews with Citi Hong Kong. Had nice conversations with an asso and an analyst from Hong Kong as well as an analyst from Singapore. The phone interviews was heavily focused on technical questions: personal view of Chines Real Estate market, basic knowledge of Finance and some case questions. The final round was held in NYC, one with a VP from HK and the other with a Director from Singapore. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the current Chinese Real Estate market?   Answer Question
    • Did you like that internship? (A shitty internship)   Answer Question

Associate Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2010.

Interview

It was pretty quick, i only went in for two interviews and got an offer. First around was with the relationship manager and his sale assistance. Second around was with the head of operations.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was done with the HR person asking some general questions about my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses. Then, she scheduled for an 1:1 interview with a management person from HK who flew here. From my knowledge, there were several students from my school that got the interview. The 1:1 interview was harder. My friend who got the interview a few hours before me said he said her questions like did you read the newspaper headlines recently. But when he interviewed me, I was never asked that question. When I got to the interview, he asked me to start talking about myself and then he will jump me and start asking questions. He asked questions like why do you want to work at Citi, what do you know about citi, (he was looking for answers not just straight from their website. ), who do you consider to be citi's competitors and how is citi different from them, what do you know about banking. Those were the questions I remembered he asked. After the interview, I think I heard from them in a month or so because he had to go to other places to do interviews as well. A thing to note is that, they hire one person from each school. All the interns I met were all from different schools in UK, US, Canada, and HK.

Country Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2009.

Interview

A pretty standard one 1) self-introduction asked why i chose my program, and follow up then strengths and weaknesses also some ECA on my resume then why interested in this particular summer program 2) HR told me more about the program, expectations and start day 3) any questions to ask her

Interview Questions

• Um, not really one cause the questions were pretty standard. all about yr experience but mind the follow up questions though, got pretty in depth   Answer Question