Citi IT Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2014.

I was referred internally and circumvented the normal process. I had a phone interview with the manager which lasted about 30 minutes and covered the normal interview questions. I have transferable skills but no direct BA experience, so we spent some of that time covering the basics of the position. Next was an in person interview with the head of the IT department who asked similar, basic interview questions and meeting with another BA in the department. It was one of the simplest and most straightforward interview processes.

Since we skipped HR (they're usually the first to screen), I had a follow up phone call with HR the following week that last 5 minutes and only consisted of them asking about my current salary and my desired salary. They refused to tell me the level the position was (it was posted internally at the VP level) as well as the salary range for the position so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark.

I waited about 5 weeks for them to make a decision and got a phone call from HR with a verbal offer. . Again they asked me my current salary and required me to provide proof in the form of a pay stub or W2. (I thought that was really weird but I've been told by others that it's standard?) I got a formal, written offer about 4 days later and had to submit to fingerprinting and a drug test before getting cleared for a start date.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard interview questions. A couple of behavioral questions.   Answer Question
When asked about my desired salary, I tried to gauge my response by asking them the level of the position and the range budgeted. They flat out refused to tell me the level and the salary range so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark. They offered me the amount I asked for, which seems par for the course based on the other Interview Reviews on Glassdoor. It definitely seems like they are not the negotiating type...

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

first round: on campus interview, questions include SQL, basic concepts of futures, optiions, and bonds, some behavioral questions based on resume
    second round: phone interview, understanding of this position, basic concepts of MBS, CMO, and some brain teasers, very few behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in August 2010.

Recruiter contacted within a few days of submission. Set up first round of interviews with the hiring manager and a colleague. Second with HR Generalist / secondary manager. Followed up with recruiter within 3 weeks since there was no communication. Recruiter called back with an offer, accepted, started with 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but should have.