Citi Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was very quick, I had one on-campus interview and then was called back for a second on site. It was very relaxed and the people were very friendly. They gave me a tour of the facility and explained their day to day operations. The interview onsite had 2 people in the room asking me questions. It was really more just holding a conversation with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Hr interview then a technical round few skype calls

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening with a few qualitative questions (i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, why do you like Citi, etc.). Second interview was a full super day at headquarters, consisting of 5 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. Questions weren't too technical, but getting very similar qualitative questions over and over again was quite tiring. Overall, a good experience and not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Which do you think you will prefer, debt or equity markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group. Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager. Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting. Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation