Citi

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question
    Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Phone Hr interview
    then a technical round
    few skype calls

no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

First interview was a phone screening with a few qualitative questions (i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, why do you like Citi, etc.). Second interview was a full super day at headquarters, consisting of 5 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. Questions weren't too technical, but getting very similar qualitative questions over and over again was quite tiring. Overall, a good experience and not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you think you will prefer, debt or equity markets?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi.

Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group.

Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager.

Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting.

Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

I applied to the internship via my school's career site and was contacted by a recruiter by phone about a month later for an interview (by this time I had forgotten what the position was that I applied for). Scheduled an interview for a week after the phone call. Went to the interview and met the project manager. She introduced me to her partner. The interview went pretty well. General questions about my past experiences, why I would be fit for the position, explanation of the position and its roles. E-mailed them a day after my interview and didn't get a response. Waited one week and left the project manager a message on the phone . Got a call 4 days later welcoming me to the team. The environment was very relaxed and the people who interviewed me were really funny and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What are some positive and negative traits that you possess?   Answer Question