Citi

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question
    Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Phone Hr interview
    then a technical round
    few skype calls

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi.

Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group.

Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager.

Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting.

Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

I applied to the internship via my school's career site and was contacted by a recruiter by phone about a month later for an interview (by this time I had forgotten what the position was that I applied for). Scheduled an interview for a week after the phone call. Went to the interview and met the project manager. She introduced me to her partner. The interview went pretty well. General questions about my past experiences, why I would be fit for the position, explanation of the position and its roles. E-mailed them a day after my interview and didn't get a response. Waited one week and left the project manager a message on the phone . Got a call 4 days later welcoming me to the team. The environment was very relaxed and the people who interviewed me were really funny and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What are some positive and negative traits that you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2012.

It was very market based. I was asked a lot about commodities (gold, oil and natural gas) as well as about the yield curve. Make sure that you are up to date about Current events. Very little behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What is the price of Natural Gas? where was it six months ago? Where will it be in a year from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2008.

The interview process was fairly quick. 2 weeks after I applied at my university, a person from Citi came and interviewed many candidates. They chose about 3 from my school and 4 more from other schools. I was part of their Co-op program that would place university students throughout the organization.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because it was an internship.