Citi Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very intensive interview process. There were 3 rounds of interviews, one each over the phone, by a panel, and in person. Once accepted into the "intern pool", there was a final round of interviews conducted by managers of various business segments that was used to put the intern where they had the best "fit" with the company.

Interview Questions

• Given your specific undergraduate degree, define and discuss X concepts and terms.   1 Answer
  • How would you go about estimating X
    Various process-oriented questions.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Payment non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very market based. I was asked a lot about commodities (gold, oil and natural gas) as well as about the yield curve. Make sure that you are up to date about Current events. Very little behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of Natural Gas? where was it six months ago? Where will it be in a year from now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview

Email communication with interviewer, followed by a phone interview. Generic interview for Intern position, as no prior experience is expected. Talked through resume, talked about teamwork experience, detailed interest in position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a group in which you had to work with someone who did not work well in a group setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. 2 weeks after I applied at my university, a person from Citi came and interviewed many candidates. They chose about 3 from my school and 4 more from other schools. I was part of their Co-op program that would place university students throughout the organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group.

Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager.

Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting.

Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for a 6-month internship in Citi 1 year ago. 2 round of interview, one with HR and one with managers.

Interview Questions

• You'll have to wake up early everyday since travel time is long, is that ok   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions

• What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening with a few qualitative questions (i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, why do you like Citi, etc.). Second interview was a full super day at headquarters, consisting of 5 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. Questions weren't too technical, but getting very similar qualitative questions over and over again was quite tiring. Overall, a good experience and not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Which do you think you will prefer, debt or equity markets?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with an analyst, associate, and a managing director. They were all very pleasant, showing genuine interest in my achievements. The entire process was technically difficult at times but my interviewers helped along where i got stuck.