Citi

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2008.

Very intensive interview process. There were 3 rounds of interviews, one each over the phone, by a panel, and in person. Once accepted into the "intern pool", there was a final round of interviews conducted by managers of various business segments that was used to put the intern where they had the best "fit" with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Given your specific undergraduate degree, define and discuss X concepts and terms.   View Answer
  • How would you go about estimating X
    Various process-oriented questions.

View Answer
Payment non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2012.

It was very market based. I was asked a lot about commodities (gold, oil and natural gas) as well as about the yield curve. Make sure that you are up to date about Current events. Very little behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What is the price of Natural Gas? where was it six months ago? Where will it be in a year from now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Email communication with interviewer, followed by a phone interview. Generic interview for Intern position, as no prior experience is expected. Talked through resume, talked about teamwork experience, detailed interest in position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in a group in which you had to work with someone who did not work well in a group setting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

I applied for a 6-month internship in Citi 1 year ago. 2 round of interview, one with HR and one with managers.

Interview Questions
    • You'll have to wake up early everyday since travel time is long, is that ok   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2008.

The interview process was fairly quick. 2 weeks after I applied at my university, a person from Citi came and interviewed many candidates. They chose about 3 from my school and 4 more from other schools. I was part of their Co-op program that would place university students throughout the organization.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because it was an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi.

Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group.

Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager.

Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting.

Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

No Negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question
    Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.