Citi

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview, assessment centre depends on the position applied for

Interview Question – If you have a number of cars on the assembly line and you have to choose the top x number of cars, how will go about accepting or rejecting it as they come off the assembly line, given a criteria for choosing?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Question – How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Hr interview
then a technical round
few skype calls

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – I learned about the position from an advertised email sent to my school account. The first interview was with the HR, the second with the manager. They took one week after the first interview to decide, and on-the-spot offer after the second one. It was solely behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the internship via my school's career site and was contacted by a recruiter by phone about a month later for an interview (by this time I had forgotten what the position was that I applied for). Scheduled an interview for a week after the phone call. Went to the interview and met the project manager. She introduced me to her partner. The interview went pretty well. General questions about my past experiences, why I would be fit for the position, explanation of the position and its roles. E-mailed them a day after my interview and didn't get a response. Waited one week and left the project manager a message on the phone . Got a call 4 days later welcoming me to the team. The environment was very relaxed and the people who interviewed me were really funny and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – What are some positive and negative traits that you possess?   Answer Question

Warren, NJ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly quick. 2 weeks after I applied at my university, a person from Citi came and interviewed many candidates. They chose about 3 from my school and 4 more from other schools. I was part of their Co-op program that would place university students throughout the organization.

Interview Question – Why do you want this internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because it was an internship.

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Role was for an intern position with Operations in Latin American Wealth Management group.

Interviewed over the phone directly with the hiring manager after being scheduled by HR. Asked about my previous experience and walked it through the manager.

Manager was interested on how I could transfer my skills to the role to do performance measurement and reporting.

Received an offer letter within 2 hours after conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!