Citi Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Two rounds of interview, assessment centre depends on the position applied for

Interview Questions

• If you have a number of cars on the assembly line and you have to choose the top x number of cars, how will go about accepting or rejecting it as they come off the assembly line, given a criteria for choosing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

online application; phone interview - competency based. standard numerical tests at start with accompanying CV and cover letter. No different to any other internship application. Phone interviews are outsourced to a HR company and are fairly difficult and specific.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

5-6 in person interviews with managers, initially over the phone and 1-day visit to Canary Wharf. Nice and relaxed atmosphere, many young people. Offer on the spot, followed by background checks, Was able to start in 1 week

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume and behavioral, a few technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Hr interview then a technical round few skype calls

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and was very willing to make clarification and share info abt the job, knowing that I was a student. It was a one to one interview, very light hearted and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• Would you really want the job if i offer it to you? Do you know what is trustee?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview

I learned about the position from an advertised email sent to my school account. The first interview was with the HR, the second with the manager. They took one week after the first interview to decide, and on-the-spot offer after the second one. It was solely behavioral questions.