Citi

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I had 3 interviews with an analyst, associate, and a managing director. They were all very pleasant, showing genuine interest in my achievements. The entire process was technically difficult at times but my interviewers helped along where i got stuck.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

First interview was a phone screening with a few qualitative questions (i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, why do you like Citi, etc.). Second interview was a full super day at headquarters, consisting of 5 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. Questions weren't too technical, but getting very similar qualitative questions over and over again was quite tiring. Overall, a good experience and not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you think you will prefer, debt or equity markets?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Phone Hr interview
    then a technical round
    few skype calls

no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Went through one phone interview with HR and then an interview with the manager with whom i would be working. I was asked basic fit questions and follow up questions to the experiences on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How will your experience working on a team help you to contribute to our firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I had one on campus interview followed by a second round interview on site (Citi Buffalo) where they cut it down from 500 people to 18 people. I met with two managers on campus and two managers on site at about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult/unexpected questions were the brain teasers.   Answer Question
    Simply told me hourly rate (17/hr)