Citi Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Sent my resume through my schools career website. Got a phone interview from HR to set up an interview with one of the managers. The manager explained what they were looking for and asked me about my work and academic experience. A few days after that I got an email with a written offer

Interview Questions
  • How well do you know how to use excel and power point? Do you speak both English and Spanish fluently and also can write in those languages?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

online application; phone interview - competency based. standard numerical tests at start with accompanying CV and cover letter. No different to any other internship application. Phone interviews are outsourced to a HR company and are fairly difficult and specific.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I had 3 interviews with an analyst, associate, and a managing director. They were all very pleasant, showing genuine interest in my achievements. The entire process was technically difficult at times but my interviewers helped along where i got stuck.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

First interview was a phone screening with a few qualitative questions (i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, why do you like Citi, etc.). Second interview was a full super day at headquarters, consisting of 5 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. Questions weren't too technical, but getting very similar qualitative questions over and over again was quite tiring. Overall, a good experience and not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you think you will prefer, debt or equity markets?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Phone Hr interview
    then a technical round
    few skype calls

no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Applied through university for the Citi Cards summer analyst program and got a first round interview with the VP of Citi Cards. Interview was mostly behaviorals, no technical. Questions were pretty standard, no curveballs.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Applied through the website. Invited for phone screen interview. Basic questions walking through the resume and background. No complicated questions.