Citi Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015
1,143 Interview Reviews

2.9

Chief of Staff Interview

Interview

It was a sham-- they already had an internal person they wanted and were just going through the motions because they needed to show they vetted lots of people. Citi has an internal mobility "process" that is a joke-- its a policy on paper-- they really don't care about the integrity of the process or finding the best person for the role (particularly true for female candidates)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

initial phone interview with manager then follow by two senior project managers on separate days. I was never told this is a junior job where i was looking for senior level job. The job description was given to me by a consulting company was different then whats what manger explained me about the job after joining the company.

Interview Questions

• how do you manager risks and issue, your background and experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview questions themselves were fairly typical. Having had experience that was congruent with the job I didn't have very much trouble answering the questions. The interviewer was extremely kind, extremely patient and well spoken. I was nervous but she didn't mind at all to repeat a question or two. The interview was done completely over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle multiple responsibilities. How did you handle it? And what was the result?   Answer Question

Interview

I went to the career fair, was called for an interview at school, and went to the company for super day. It wasn't that hard. Just study data structures, big O, and study over your resume. They like to ask about your projects.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Three phone interviews, the first with HR and was very basic about the job and my qualifications. The next two were with department managers and specific about how I would perform. The third interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• What SQL command(s) would you use to create a report to identify list of customers and provide statistics for each.   Answer Question

Credit & Portfolio Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview, why you want to work for city, why you want to work in this department, why you want to leave your current job. walk thru resume. describe what he is doing. Ask about what I have done in past in details

STQA Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

on campus interview, then fly to new york city for onsite interview.
    on site interview takes the whole day with 5 interviewers, focus on math, finance, market, programming. there was a math test at first. it takes around 30 minutes with 8 questions.

the interview was not difficult but it covers a lot different aspects.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I've applied online and received a call from HR the following day in the afternoon and they've set a date for a interview later the following week. I've met with 4 different other branch managers throughout the Bronx at one location, Fordham location. Three of the interviews were fairly easy. The last interview, which was with the manager from the Fordham branch, was pretty nerve wrecking. He asked me tons of questions based off my job experiences that were listed on my resume. He went through each and every bullet point. There was a lot of other candidates who were there and had to be interviewed by each manager, the wait was the longest ever. I was there from 3:30pm to 6:00pm

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi (Gray, TN).

Interview

You will have a phone interview only, no face to face interview. It consists of the standard set of questions that most corporate opening use. They do not tell you that they are using the STAR method, but this is what they are looking for. The questions include
    -Tell me about a time when you had to work with an irate customer.
    -Tell me about a time when you had to work with a customer who had unrealistic expectations.
    Be very positive and upbeat during the interview. It was a pleasant experience; the interviewer was quick but effective, very friendly and sincere. I was told at the end of the phone interview that I would receive an offer and I did within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; I was given a 'take it or leave it" offer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question