Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Customer Service Interview

Senior Manager Customer Service
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2014.

Interview Details – I have many friends that work at Citi and have the full qualifications for the position. I initially got rejected a day after I submitted the application online. A Director in a different department (friend) reached out to the director of Customer Service to set up a phone interview. I failed the phone interview with HR because I was "too direct" and got rejected a day later. One more string was pulled and I got a face to face interview with the Director of Customer Service. I feel it was an obligatory interview because she was asked to follow up.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Then another interview with HR manager. After that I had an interview with other Assistants , they gave you a better understanding of the position and finally the interview with the top executive .

Negotiation Details – Fast

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview followed by Superday interviews. They hired about half of the people who came in for the final round. Typical mix of fit and technical questions. I met with 3 senior bankers.

Interview Question – Someone asked about my SATs scores.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – 2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Interview Question – What's your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Interview Question – What would you do as a CFO of the company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got selected for a campus Interview with two people from the department. On-site interview with 5-7 people (1-2 from each team), based on your resume, they choose who they want to speak to.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
  Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Question – Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Question – How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!