Citi

1,018 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first interview is a behavioral questions, they called me within a week. They let me know that they would be flying me out. I was toured around the Irving campus and introduced to several other candidates. The management came and pulled each applicant for interviews with potential managers. I interviewed with two managers whose background was in networking. I did not have much experience in networking protocols. The questions they asked were primarily applied algorithms and theory.

Interview Questions
    • What could prolong a file transfer and how could you monitor your progress ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Applications Processor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

through staffing agency, sent resume received phone shortly after asking preferences and information about job if i was interested in the position, next availability was verified and then staffing agency reached out to company and scheduled interview, company notified staffing agency of the offer and I was called i to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate you ability to work independently?   View Answer

Management Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

There was one first round interview with HR. Then three more phone interviews with Citi colleagues in the Hong Kong office ranging from VP's to MD's. Last round was in New York with the Head of Hong Kong markets. Overall it was a smooth process. Interview questions were non-technical and mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Why Citi? Do you understand the different businesses within Citi?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus interview, my application is for summer quant analyst. The whole process was about 45 mins, HR is very nice. Most questions are behavioral and a simple possibility problem.

Interview Questions
    • Assume you and a professor plan to meet from 10:00 to 10:50, you will at most wait for 15 mins and the professor will at most wait for 10 mins. What's the time window when you can meet the professor with highest possibility.   View Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Two phone interviews followed by superday in NYC. I had to network extensively to get the interview since I came form a non target school. Superday consisted of five 25 minute interviews with mostly directors in the Sales and Trading Business

Interview Questions
    • If I was in a comma for the past nine month and just awoke, how would you describe what has happened in the world economy.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citi.

Difficult. A lengthy process with many "what would you do" questions. Walked out of the interview thinking I had the job, three days later received a no offer.

Markets Rates, Quantitative Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three rounds of interviews, two in person and one on the phone. They were mostly very nice. However their questions were not very easy to handle. Didn't hear back from them since the second onsite interview (it's been more than 2 months).

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical and resume based questions. Since this role is about model implementation (so I guess), C++ skills were very much emphasized. A lot tests on that, including writing codes on an editor. Detail-driven. They were very interested in digging into your projects and asked many follow-up questions.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On Campus. Applied through school website and online at Citi as well. Interview was one round, 2 30 minute interviews with 2 people. Questions were all pretty straight forward, targeted towards seeing your fit within the company. Main question they wanted to know you knew the answer to is "what is the dodd-frank act?" The people were both very friendly, and not intimidating at all.

Technology Infrastructure Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through my university's campus recruiting and got an interview. Though I was a business major applying through the business school, my interviewer said he usually interviewed engineering students. The questions were all very technical. The positions described to me did not match the descriptions I had read in the job post on my university's website. I thought the interview was difficult, but a computer science or engineering major would have probably done better.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several questions about the software used at Citi.   Answer Question