Citi

2.9

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict? And if you need some information for a client and you can't get ahold of the person you need to contact how would you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Community Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Applied online and was contacted for an interview three days later. There were two 30 minute interviews.The first with HR and the second with the hiring team. The HR interview consisted of general experience based questions. (Describe past work experiences, etc) The Hiring team interview was more in depth with technical & industry questions. (Describe your experience with research, data analysis, database management, etc)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Was asked to describe the department's goals. (Not necessarily hard, just google the specific office)   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Can enterprise value ever be negative?   View Answer

Model Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Referred by a friend who is currently working in the risk management group.
    One round HR screening phone interview.
    One round Senior Associate technical phone interviews consists of quantitative questions like stochastic process, probability and statistics.
    One round director video interview. About one hour. Five practical statistical and probability questions.

AML Compliance Analyst At the Financial Intelligence Unit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

met the Senior Vice President for AML at a Law School Job Fair ( AML Compliance Law Job Fair); I sent an email to the Senior Vice President but she did not reply; obtained an email from the Senior Vice President 3 weeks later and asked me to be interviewed in 24 hours. Appeared for interview at Long Island City One Citi Square and the interview was held with the Senior Vice President and another employee. The interview started from the entry into the elevator up until the 47th floor. The interview lasted for an hour. The interview began by exploring my Resume and later on asking me whether I knew the concept of Money Laundering. I Impressed them with two definitions and they introduced their kind of work and made mention that " an entry level position is available." They even asked me if I needed notice to give my current employer if I wanted to join them. As soon as I heard the SVP tell " the position is a TEMP position subject to 18 month probationary period, you will not be guaranteed a full time employment...." I had to decline the offer

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question whether as a newly wed couple receiving a $20,000 wire transfer from father, could it be considered money laundering? I answered that " as a wedding gift, and presumably people get married not more than once in a lifetime, it will be considered a gift to be used to buy furnitures, things for the home and considering the prices in New York CIty, $20,000 is just enough to get by in terms of quality furniture and things for a newly married couple.   Answer Question

a temp position is offered through a temp agency; no full benefits. very deceiving way to interview since it appears that you are applying for Citigroup but Citigroup is actually outsourcing the hiring through TEMP agencies and they have the gall to call you a " consultant" but in reality its a temp job with no benefits.

Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Overall it was a very professional and easy going process. I talked to the recruiter at my universities career fair and he took down my number. Later that day, he called to set up an interview for the next day. The next day I met with an upper level manager and an employee in the program currently. The interview was very conversational. I received a call a week later inviting me to a Super Day, Citi's main and final interview. At the Super Day, I had 2 interviews, both with managers with one that was supposed to be more technical. The interviews did not follow a script and felt more like a conversation than a interview. The technical interview was very high level and still very conversational for being an interview. After the one-on-one interviews, you were asked to present a presentation that you prepared before hand. I recieved the topic about a week before the interview so I had ample time to make a presentation. Last, we were broken up into groups to work on a group case study. During this time, managers are in the room with you assessing you as you work in a group to come up with a solution to the given prompt. You then present this solution as a group to all the managers.

Credit Operations Specialist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Online application, 30-minute phone screening/interview, received email request for in-person interview, 30-minute on-site interview, received email offering me a base salary and providing details on differential pay for nights and weekend work hours. Process was very professional and well-handled by the small on-site HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you have faced in the workplace, how you rectified the situation, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Trading and Quantitative Analysis Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Had a first round phone interview which took approx. 45 minutes. Was informed I was invited to the superday on the same day. Superday consisted of 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Interviewers were all from different business areas/trading desks and ranged in experience levels.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through campus recruiting. First round phone interview about 40 minutes. Mainly talked about the market, math questions (stats), guestimates, econometrics, and interest in this position. Then invited to the final round interview. Interviewed with 6 people, from traders to directors. Mainly talked about everything on my resume and my interest in this industry. Some technical questions but they tried to make sure you have the ability to learn on the job and you have the passion for this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Do you suggest your clients hedging 100% of their products?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because it's my first choice