Citi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,180 Interview Reviews

2.9

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very standard. With your application you need to fill out an assessment. Once you completed it you had a 5 minute basic interview to see if you qualified for the position. You were told the salary and the basics you need to know. You get scheduled for an in-person interview with a hiring manager from the department that is hiring. It was again standard ,"tell me time when you..." questions.Once it is done you wait for weeks for the HR to find a spot in a training class. My experience was very disorganized. I interviewed for one position just to be told to interview for another. Overall it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

First, we had our resume review. Then an interview was conducted with a group of few technical programmers and managers, where they asked questions related with resume, and java and sql. Then I had a phone followup conversation, after which they called another day and mentioned salary and offered job.

E-Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

very unprofessional the interviewer was wearing (JEANS) and no it was not friday, asked a lot of questions that had nothing to do with the job i know because i had worked in the dept before for over 4 years

Interview Questions

• asked a lot of questions that actually had nothing to do with the job ( I know because I had worked in the same dept before)   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Gray, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took less than a week. I heard about the job through word of mouth on a Thursday, and quickly applied online and took the assessment. I heard back less than 24 hours later from corporate wanting to do a quick phone interview. I talked to the guy from corporate for maybe ten minutes and he let me know that they would like to do an on-site interview, so I scheduled that for the following Monday. The lady that referred me really gave me some great interview tips for what the interview at Citi would be like. The interview itself took about 30 minutes to complete, and the man interviewing me was really nice and after all the behavioral and situational questions, told me I did a great job and that HR would be in contact with me soon. On Tuesday afternoon, HR called an extended an offer. I just went yesterday for my fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen. My first day is August 10th. Flexible schedule and pretty good pay for a starting position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer at $11 an hour with weekend differential pay was good with me.

Ops Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was difficult because the Hiring Manager asked me about my current job and after explaining an unusual hierarchy, he got caught up on semantics and how my current job was set up. Instead of focusing on the skills that I bring to the table, he kept wanting to discuss and understand how my current job's business was organized.

Interview Questions

• How would I show my boss that I deserve a specific type of performance rating?   Answer Question

Chief of Staff Interview

Interview

It was a sham-- they already had an internal person they wanted and were just going through the motions because they needed to show they vetted lots of people. Citi has an internal mobility "process" that is a joke-- its a policy on paper-- they really don't care about the integrity of the process or finding the best person for the role (particularly true for female candidates)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

initial phone interview with manager then follow by two senior project managers on separate days. I was never told this is a junior job where i was looking for senior level job. The job description was given to me by a consulting company was different then whats what manger explained me about the job after joining the company.

Interview Questions

• how do you manager risks and issue, your background and experience   Answer Question

Interview

I went to the career fair, was called for an interview at school, and went to the company for super day. It wasn't that hard. Just study data structures, big O, and study over your resume. They like to ask about your projects.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview questions themselves were fairly typical. Having had experience that was congruent with the job I didn't have very much trouble answering the questions. The interviewer was extremely kind, extremely patient and well spoken. I was nervous but she didn't mind at all to repeat a question or two. The interview was done completely over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle multiple responsibilities. How did you handle it? And what was the result?   Answer Question