Citi Interview Questions

1,043 Interview Reviews

2.9

Securities Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very relaxed, a couple of accounting questions, and brain teasers. 3 different interview stages. They usually get back to you within 2 weeks and tell you if you've made it to the next stage. But I emailed my HR Representative every week. In my opinion, there's not much you can prepare for in regards to the brain teasers or personality questions. But know your basic accounting.

Interview Questions
    • You have expenses paid of 100,000 in the beginning of the year but they are accounted for quarterly. Give me the journal entries of these transactions.   View Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions
    • For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

no negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in March 2015.

At a college career fair, I met a representative and spoke to him about an internship at Citi, as well as applied that night to the internship. Within a week, I received an email inviting me to an interview at my local Center for Career Development, which went awfully. The interviewer was difficult to understand, but he asked some good questions.

(1) If there were 1000 blocks in a room numbered 1-1000, and a little kid randomly took one, what is the most efficient way to figure out which one the kid took? (Know that the original sum (500,500) and get the new sum without that block, and subtract them)
    (2) A lot of OOP questions. Be able to articulate the difference between inheritance and polymorphism, as well as encapsulation and data abstraction.

I guess the interview wasn't as bad as I thought, because after about two weeks, I received another email inviting me to a Super Day. There were three 30-minute interviews, with an info session by an alumnus of the Sumer Technology Analyst position.

Interview 1 :
    (1) How would I implement my own LinkedList, creating my own Node.
    (2) What does static mean? (Don't have to instantiate the class to access the variable)
    (3) What is the difference between an Object and a Class?
    (4) What is something that all Java classes inherit (the Object class).

Interview 2:
    (1) If you had an array, filled with random numbers from 0-9, how would you put all the 0's at the end? (Traverse the array from both the beginning and the end. Every time there's a 0 at the front of the list, check the back of the list if the index the backChecker is on is a 0. If not, switch the numbers, if it is, then set the backChecker to the previous number, and do the same).
    (2) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList
    (3) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList without having any previous nodes.
    (i.e.) [1] -> [2] -> [3] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null]. Remove the 3, when your pointer starts on the 3. Really, what you want to do is set the 3 node.value = 4, making [1] -> [2] -> [4] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null], and then just deleting the next [4], by the method of (2).
    (4) What's the difference between an Object and a Class?
    (5) In Java, can you extend multiple abstract classes? Implement multiple interfaces? Why/why not? If you could, what problems would arise?

Interview 3:
    This was more of a personality interview, with some coding questions.
    (1) What is your favorite piece of code you've written. Was this for class?
    (2) Have you worked in a team, for what? Was this for class? Did you take initiative?
    (3) Did everyone in the group participate equally in the project?
    (4) In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?)
    (5) With multithreading, does each thread have it's own stack? Why is that?
    (6) With multithreading, what is synchronization?
    (7) Can you extend multiple abstract classes? How about implementing interfaces? (C++ handles it differently in Java. I don't know C++, but I ventured to guess how it would deal with these issues).

Interview Questions
    • In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?)   Answer Question

AML Operations Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Well managed. The HR recruiter and hiring managers seemed to have good lines of communication. The process was seamless and well organized. Security knew I was coming, I didn't have to wait, the hiring manager was ready for me, and I believe another individual interviewed right after me. Everyone was friendly and I didn't feel rushed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a lot of responsibilities and a short time period to complete everything. What did you do, and how did you complete your tasks?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Credit Card Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Took 5 days to hear back and then a week to do the interview and 2weeks to see If I got the job, still not heard anything back yet, crossing my fingers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in March 2015.

I applied online for different position. The recruiter contacted me for the positions as financial analyst. I had an interview in the same week. The interview was fine, simple and relax. No pressure. The negative point is that they gave you the feeling of being the good fit and they declined you. Citi need to be honest or don't show anything.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about work and education background. Questions about work situations as financial analyst. Asked questions about computer skills and knowledge of others languages.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first interview is a behavioral questions, they called me within a week. They let me know that they would be flying me out. I was toured around the Irving campus and introduced to several other candidates. The management came and pulled each applicant for interviews with potential managers. I interviewed with two managers whose background was in networking. I did not have much experience in networking protocols. The questions they asked were primarily applied algorithms and theory.

Interview Questions
    • What could prolong a file transfer and how could you monitor your progress ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Applications Processor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

through staffing agency, sent resume received phone shortly after asking preferences and information about job if i was interested in the position, next availability was verified and then staffing agency reached out to company and scheduled interview, company notified staffing agency of the offer and I was called i to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate you ability to work independently?   View Answer