Citi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

ICG Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Then I was notified that I had made it to the interview process. I had two back to back interviews. And a few hours later they called me back to notify me I made it to the second round. Four interviews in one day and I found out two weeks later that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Two of them where behavioral. The other two were technical but it was general market/economic data   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Talked to them at a career fair and interviewed the next day. They were very friendly and the interview was rather relaxed. I was surprised they wanted me to interview as I was not well trained in the field they were hiring in, Information Security, but they were insistent that I come anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I go about identifying and solving a problem.   Answer Question

Mortgage Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Probing questions. Name a time when.... Do you like change? Open ended questions on how you would react to certain situations. Are you willing to adapt to change. (schedule, training, etc.) The hiring process is pretty long. (background check, employment check, education check, credit check)
    Whole process took about 2 months. In person interview is with your manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when.... Its hard to specifically think back to a time that relates to the question they are asking. Name a time when you had an upset customer...how did you react. Do you enjoy change? If so why...   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions
    No, the temp agency was firm.

AML Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I got a phone interview after two days I submitted my application. The first round interview by VP. He asked several general idea about AML and model validation. He also asked several specific SAS term such as inner joint, no dup key. At the end, he made a story and ask SAS solution at that scenario.

Interview Questions
    • He did not go over the resume. or ask any your experience in the past.   Answer Question