Citi Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
1,066 Interview Reviews

2.9

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

HR rep called and scheduled the interview.My profile did not match completely, but I was given a phone interview. There were three interviewers - Project Manager and Two developers. Project manager explained the product they are developing.

Interview Questions

• All the basic OOP questions, some SQL and XML questions   1 Answer

Quantitative Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

received phone interview invitation and scheduled interview for 30 mins, talked with one of the quants about some math games and some algo questions, then the question part for the candidate, asked about the day-to-day work in the group etc

Interview Questions

• how to find the maximum subarray of an array of integers   Answer Question

Summer Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my graduate school. I went through one phone screening followed by 3 interviews in-person in New York. The interviews were all behavioral, not analytical. They are looking for candidates with general backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? What are the trends in the Retail Banking industry? Why a financial institution? What are you looking to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Analyst Public Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had initial screening interview with head of department. Afterwards was invited to meet the entire team. I met with 5 team members total for about 30 minutes each and had a conversation with each person. it was with 4 directors and one analyst.

Interview Questions

• Question were "tell me about yourself" and how would you solve this problem.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

online, phone, group, and then offer from the initial recruiter. The process is easy but you are speaking to 50 different people, getting emails from 5 different people, and at the end they don't even do their job as it needs to be done.

Securities Processing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Very relaxed, a couple of accounting questions, and brain teasers. 3 different interview stages. They usually get back to you within 2 weeks and tell you if you've made it to the next stage. But I emailed my HR Representative every week. In my opinion, there's not much you can prepare for in regards to the brain teasers or personality questions. But know your basic accounting.

Interview Questions

• You have expenses paid of 100,000 in the beginning of the year but they are accounted for quarterly. Give me the journal entries of these transactions.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions

• For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

At a college career fair, I met a representative and spoke to him about an internship at Citi, as well as applied that night to the internship. Within a week, I received an email inviting me to an interview at my local Center for Career Development, which went awfully. The interviewer was difficult to understand, but he asked some good questions.

(1) If there were 1000 blocks in a room numbered 1-1000, and a little kid randomly took one, what is the most efficient way to figure out which one the kid took? (Know that the original sum (500,500) and get the new sum without that block, and subtract them)
    (2) A lot of OOP questions. Be able to articulate the difference between inheritance and polymorphism, as well as encapsulation and data abstraction.

I guess the interview wasn't as bad as I thought, because after about two weeks, I received another email inviting me to a Super Day. There were three 30-minute interviews, with an info session by an alumnus of the Sumer Technology Analyst position.

Interview 1 :
    (1) How would I implement my own LinkedList, creating my own Node.
    (2) What does static mean? (Don't have to instantiate the class to access the variable)
    (3) What is the difference between an Object and a Class?
    (4) What is something that all Java classes inherit (the Object class).

Interview 2:
    (1) If you had an array, filled with random numbers from 0-9, how would you put all the 0's at the end? (Traverse the array from both the beginning and the end. Every time there's a 0 at the front of the list, check the back of the list if the index the backChecker is on is a 0. If not, switch the numbers, if it is, then set the backChecker to the previous number, and do the same).
    (2) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList
    (3) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList without having any previous nodes.
    (i.e.) [1] -> [2] -> [3] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null]. Remove the 3, when your pointer starts on the 3. Really, what you want to do is set the 3 node.value = 4, making [1] -> [2] -> [4] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null], and then just deleting the next [4], by the method of (2).
    (4) What's the difference between an Object and a Class?
    (5) In Java, can you extend multiple abstract classes? Implement multiple interfaces? Why/why not? If you could, what problems would arise?

Interview 3:
    This was more of a personality interview, with some coding questions.
    (1) What is your favorite piece of code you've written. Was this for class?
    (2) Have you worked in a team, for what? Was this for class? Did you take initiative?
    (3) Did everyone in the group participate equally in the project?
    (4) In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?)
    (5) With multithreading, does each thread have it's own stack? Why is that?
    (6) With multithreading, what is synchronization?
    (7) Can you extend multiple abstract classes? How about implementing interfaces? (C++ handles it differently in Java. I don't know C++, but I ventured to guess how it would deal with these issues).

Interview Questions

• In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?)   Answer Question

AML Operations Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Well managed. The HR recruiter and hiring managers seemed to have good lines of communication. The process was seamless and well organized. Security knew I was coming, I didn't have to wait, the hiring manager was ready for me, and I believe another individual interviewed right after me. Everyone was friendly and I didn't feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a lot of responsibilities and a short time period to complete everything. What did you do, and how did you complete your tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.