Citi Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
1,221 Interview Reviews

2.9

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Apply online and wait to get email back for a test. Pass the test and then get call back for interview. Pass two interviews and one more test to get job offer. Offer may be less or more than salary requirements you think the pay should be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you met a goal where the deadline was shortened.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had 3 interviews - 2 department interviews and then one with someone else outside the department. Department is very small and I was under the impression there would be more people than there were in it. Interview was pretty standard, lasting about 30 minutes with each person. I don't know that the interview really provided me with a good overview of what the department did, or I might not have taken it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Mortgage Collections Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Typical: online resume system, outsourced company calls to discuss the basics of positions: pay range incentives and set appointment time- and than an Interview with a manager and team lead

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Payment Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

Met with the immediate manager and right after met with the director. They told during the interview that they liked me and the HR will contact me within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• discussed few of my job and my responsibilities.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very standard. With your application you need to fill out an assessment. Once you completed it you had a 5 minute basic interview to see if you qualified for the position. You were told the salary and the basics you need to know. You get scheduled for an in-person interview with a hiring manager from the department that is hiring. It was again standard ,"tell me time when you..." questions.Once it is done you wait for weeks for the HR to find a spot in a training class. My experience was very disorganized. I interviewed for one position just to be told to interview for another. Overall it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had joined the company as a contractor initially and later became an employee - hence the interview was rather easy as I had already been familiar with the work culture, my managers, peers and most of the project details. This was followed by a HR interview which was a piece of cake as it was purely a formality.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was very straightforward and FAST. Applied 3-ish weeks earlier online. Got a call from their corporate recruiter on a Wed. morning who was very professional and nice-- basic HR screening about my background, resume, why I applied, etc. By Wed. afternoon I was on a phone interview with the hiring manager & lead analyst with another screening-- more technical this time. Asked in- depth questions about my experiences with databases, SQL, Access, etc. Had to give examples of projects that I've completed that utilized massive amounts of data. I was called back 30 mins. later and asked to come for a final on- site interview the next day. Ended up meeting with 2 interviewers: an operations manager and a SVP. More behavioral this time around to see if I would be a good fit for their team. Extended an offer the next day. It was essentially a 48 hour process

Interview Questions

• I don't know anything about your masters thesis: describe it to me in less than 5 minutes.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had experiences with negativity in your current job? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through citi career portal and had employee referral. Got call after a week. Than took interview after 3 days. He asked me some questions about my project and about Java. Then he asked me write code to find the subset of an array with the largest sum. Questions are not very difficult

Interview Questions

• What’s the angle between Hour hand and Minute hand for 12:15 pm?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi in August 2015.

Interview

Applied and took test on a today. Phone interview Thursday. Face to face interview Friday. Guy kept saying "if hired".....it's Monday still waiting on response. Class suppose to start 24th

Interview Questions

• What's something your manager would say u can improve on   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did   1 Answer