Citi

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I applied through my university and had a first round interview held on campus followed by a Superday in their NYC office. The first round interview was 1 30 minute interview and the Superday was 5 20-25 minute interviews back to back. Very market based interview questions with some occasional behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is going on in the economy in Australia..... Brazil?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analysis Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through on campus recruitment. The process took a week and I was interviewed one-on-one in the career center. The questions are mostly math problems and statistic problems. No behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you can only climb 1 stair or 2 stairs at a time, how many ways are there to climb 10 stairs.   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

30-Minute Phone Interview: The interviewer went over my resume and CV. She did not ask any technical questions but asked several soft skill questions to get to know my personality.

SuperDay: I had 2 S&T interviews, each 20 minutes long. Both interviewers went over my resume and asked several market questions and brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the square root of 250 - although this is simple math, the interview environments makes this a much more difficult question.   Answer Question

Hedge Fund Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied in early December of 2014, did not receive a call until mid January 2015. Phone interview was relatively quick, basically wanted to get me in the door. Had an in person interview which lasted about two hours with two separate hiring managers,

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, went over the resume and the position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

A compilation of what I've observed, including my own experience:

Submit your resume online into the "black hole". HR screens qualified applicants with a telephone interview. A hiring manager can request HR to "find" your resume, so it's worth networking if you know someone on the inside and really want the job. Two interviews, usually 2 interviewers each, usually 30 minutes each, often back-to-back, but can be separated by a week or so. Dress professionally and mind your P's and Q's. My Interview was very general. They asked about my background. Very few technical questions, if any. I honestly don't recall any, so there probably weren't any. Do not be afraid to ask for clarification on a question. Be Positive. Cross your fingers and wait for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I got a totally off the wall one; If you could be any type of animal other than a human, what would you be, and why?   View Answer
    Very little to negotiate. Benefits are usually inflexible. You can get a bit more in annual pay, but usually not much. Its a pretty standard package.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Fairly standard interview process. Was called in for initial interview with head of a particular group. Secondary interview was a panel of 3 senior group memebers. Thoughtful questions and realistic expectation setting

Interview Questions
    • No 'ringer' questions or any out of the ordinary. Be ready to back up any skills you claim to have with practical demonstration.   Answer Question
    Very short - i accepted the first number

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions
    • tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi.

I was hired nine years ago. The interview process back then was fairly easy and straightforward. Hired shortly thereafter. I found the interviewers to be knowledgeable and personable. I was excited to come on board.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much as I thought the salary was fair. Should have negotiated for a title.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

First Was Written Test followed by Technical Interview which is most difficult part of Citi's Process.
    Then Managerial Interview followed by HR Interview which is lengthy o all and will take more than hour.

Interview Questions
    • HR will ask you everything starting from your birth till date.   Answer Question
    Ask for 20% above market standards and they will negotiate and offer you at least 5%-7% above market standards

Customer Service Representative- Credit Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within 3 days. Skills test was pretty fun. I enjoy that kind of stuff. Some of it is timed. Recruiter just went down each job on my resume and asked what I did and why I left each position. Exactly the same information you provide online. At end of interview she asked when I would be able to start as training class was starting soon, she also asked of my availability. She asked what my salary requirement was, I gave her a range and she told me the position pays between $13-$14/hr. From the reviews and based on my experience level..there is no way I could do this job for that rate. I would say this position would be perfect for an entry level candidate. There were no other questions asked.

Interview Questions

Rate of pay was ridiculously low. It would seem to make sense and be more efficient, if this and other employers would post a salary along with the 3 page job descriptions they create.