Citi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

Basil III Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Citi.

I applied for this particular position on the CITI career website using a referral link from a friend that works in this deparment. I received an initial call from HR after about a week asking about my skills and why I was interested in the position. After a 20 minute discussion with the HR rep, she advised that she would be in touch. 6 months later, I recevied a call from Citi about this position (which I almost forgot about) and the HR rep said that the department manager was ready to hire and intervieiwng quickly for the position and wanted to be bring me in ASAP to fill the role, so I setup the interview for the following week. A few days later, I recevied an email with instructions on where the building was and when to arrive, etc etc. The interview was with 2 team leads back to back and then the hiring manager in a rotational pattern with each interview lasting around 45 minutes. I spend over 3 hours on 3 different interviews on site with 3 seperate people one on one.

I was never given an offer, I didnt even receive a reject email or a callback from HR after I left the site (I did send follow up thank you letter by mail). Came to find out that they hired an older vietnam era veteran who can barely do the job. Possibly an affirmitive action military hire, but I will never know (expect this sort of stuff in big conglomerates)....

Interview Questions
    • The questions where basically about my skills and giving scenarios about work related to the position. The hiring ops manager threw a few quirky questions in like "what is your pet peeve". In my experience, the more advanced the position, the less behavioral questions you will get and more related to skills and job experience.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Audit Interview

Interviewing commences through internal job posting site. Must first clear HR, which will then pass along to the indicated area of interest. Manager reviews your resume to determine possible fit. It interested, HR will reach out to arrange interview. Interview process standard

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Cyber Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2014.

Was contacted by an HR supervisor to schedule an interview about one or two weeks after I had submitted my resume on their online application system. Was given a specific location, but not the building number, so I was left guessing as to which building my interview was at. Eventually called security to find out where I was supposed to go. I also called the HR representative which scheduled the interview and she did not return my call.

The interview itself went well. Everyone was professional and polite, though occasionally I found myself trailing behind the supervisor/interviewer while he talked to an HR representative which was very awkward for me. In total, I met with one analyst, one supervisor, and two executives, and one HR representative. The HR representative seemed very clueless as to what kind of application the team was looking for.

I felt everything had gone quite well, though this was a technical position and there was no technical Q&A session which was extremely odd. They emphasized that they were looking to bring a recent college graduate onto their team and train that person from the ground up (too good to be true).

I did not receive any further communication from Citi after leaving the interviewer despite the HR representative stating that I should hear a definitive answer within "a few days" or "two to three weeks". My telephone call and email inquiries were not returned.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Citi.

Waiting on temp agency. I was told they were waiting on citi to make a decision as they needed more than 20 employees. Temp agency did interview which was easy and precise for position. Then they would submit information to citi then citi would chose who they would interview.

Customer Service Representative I Retention Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Make sure what they have you read in the interview you do it word for word (verbatim). The director will not let the managers hire you if you can not get it word for word. Have positive additude when you take to the interview people. If you have disabilities the company does not make accomodations as required by ADA.

nothing set pay

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

very simple interview basic scenario questions. almost all the questions began with tell me about a time. I had to take an assesment prior to interview it was pretty common sense.

no negotiation. pay was either you take it or leave.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Citi in August 2014.

It took a few months with the temp agency to hear back from Citi.

Interviewed at Citi. Interviewer was extremely nice and laid back. The questions were not hard at all. And she told me on the spot that I was hired.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!