Citi

853 candidate interviews

Junior Trader Interview

Junior Trader
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Made it to the phone interview stage.

Interview Question – what is 24*32?   View Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very efficient. The time between the first phone interview and their final decision and offer was very little. The phone interview that I had initially was difficult but also very helpful. I was given some resume tips which definitely proved to be very useful. In both interviews I was asked a lot of financial questions and given simple cases to analyze. The second round of interviews was very nicely organized and allowed me to get a better idea of the people that work in the company and of the exact character of the job.

Interview Question – What do you see happening next with the economy as reflected by the current crisis?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question

Product Control Analyst Interview

Product Control Analyst
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very long hiring process takes forever to be hired

Interview Question – Why would we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Question – They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2008.

Interview Details – Very behavioral-heavy. Interviewers are usually mean and will do "stress-tests" as well. Be prepared to show humility, your experiences working in teams, and why you are interested in a specific line of business. Citigroup hiring consists of an interview on campus (may be with one or two people), a superday that has tons of interviews. Be nice. Don't be mean.

Interview Question – Show a time when you faced a challenge?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone initial phone interview with HR, 2 follow up phone interviews with a Trader and then Sales person. 2 weeks later invited to a super day in NYC, with 6 back to back interviews 30 min each, each interviewer with a different type of questioning and personality. The interviewers all had different methods for gauging "fit" for the S&T team, which included a variety of mental math, market knowledge, and behavioral questions

Interview Question – Explain the LBO of Dell   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school careers website. First round was markets based, behavioral (why Citi, why S&T), stock pitch. Similar stuff on Super-day (5 interviews back-to-back). Be ready to defend any of your opinions regarding markets.

Interview Question – What do you think is going to happen to the market in the next 5-10 years?
Pitch me a stock? What is the p/e ratio of the stock? of the S&P 500?
What is the current condition of the European crisis?
Price 2 period binomial option (prices and strike given)
  Answer Question

Management Associate- Africa Interview

Management Associate- Africa
Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Online process of application where it takes a few months before you are even told if you are going for the first round.
First Round is an aptitude test held at HQ. Pretty easy.
Second round is where it gets tough. Set in a conference room, you sit at the centre, with 5-6 panelists with others listening in on phone. Really a tense environment. They do a good cop, bad cop routine. Build you and break you. Every thing you say is subject to intense scrutiny, always a follow up and no figure goes unrecorded. In fact no fact you state goes unrecorded.

Interview Question – Why do you think, after failing to answer a simple question ( where the KSH, USD rate will head in the next year and why?) satisfactorily, that you are even ready to join Citi?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer elsewhere. Plus who want to work with such a wound up group of people?

Modeling/Scoring/Analysis Interview

Modeling/Scoring/Analysis
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details – Detail questions about the projects you write in your resume. Also asked a lot of questions involved in Monte Carlo, statistics, finance. 30 mins interview. all the questions are read by the interviewer.

Interview Question – recite heat equation.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!