Citi Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2008.

The hiring process was very efficient. The time between the first phone interview and their final decision and offer was very little. The phone interview that I had initially was difficult but also very helpful. I was given some resume tips which definitely proved to be very useful. In both interviews I was asked a lot of financial questions and given simple cases to analyze. The second round of interviews was very nicely organized and allowed me to get a better idea of the people that work in the company and of the exact character of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see happening next with the economy as reflected by the current crisis?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2008.

Very behavioral-heavy. Interviewers are usually mean and will do "stress-tests" as well. Be prepared to show humility, your experiences working in teams, and why you are interested in a specific line of business. Citigroup hiring consists of an interview on campus (may be with one or two people), a superday that has tons of interviews. Be nice. Don't be mean.

Product Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very long hiring process takes forever to be hired

No negotiation

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question

Management Associate- Africa Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi.

Online process of application where it takes a few months before you are even told if you are going for the first round.
    First Round is an aptitude test held at HQ. Pretty easy.
    Second round is where it gets tough. Set in a conference room, you sit at the centre, with 5-6 panelists with others listening in on phone. Really a tense environment. They do a good cop, bad cop routine. Build you and break you. Every thing you say is subject to intense scrutiny, always a follow up and no figure goes unrecorded. In fact no fact you state goes unrecorded.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think, after failing to answer a simple question ( where the KSH, USD rate will head in the next year and why?) satisfactorily, that you are even ready to join Citi?   View Answer

Got a better offer elsewhere. Plus who want to work with such a wound up group of people?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

1 phone initial phone interview with HR, 2 follow up phone interviews with a Trader and then Sales person. 2 weeks later invited to a super day in NYC, with 6 back to back interviews 30 min each, each interviewer with a different type of questioning and personality. The interviewers all had different methods for gauging "fit" for the S&T team, which included a variety of mental math, market knowledge, and behavioral questions

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Applied through school careers website. First round was markets based, behavioral (why Citi, why S&T), stock pitch. Similar stuff on Super-day (5 interviews back-to-back). Be ready to defend any of your opinions regarding markets.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is going to happen to the market in the next 5-10 years?
      Pitch me a stock? What is the p/e ratio of the stock? of the S&P 500?
      What is the current condition of the European crisis?
      Price 2 period binomial option (prices and strike given)
        Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Made it to the phone interview stage.

Sales & Trading Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

The process was actually very quick and easy, with a few phone interviews leading up to a San Francisco Super Day. 9 candidates for 4 positions. Met with almost every asset class trader first, then one on one interviews after. Very market oriented questions, you need to know what is going on in the world

Interview Questions
    • You have a client that has been on vacation for the last 20 days. He wants to be filled in on what news he missed, how it affected markets, and how he should alter his portfolio and future trades accordingly.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!