Citi Interview Questions

1,182 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Came to campus for first round interviews, then were invited back for second rounds at the office. There was a panel of managing directors and roughly 10 other candidates. It was structured similar to speed dating - bell rings, everyone stands, and moves to speak with the next director.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 ways that you can use a stapler, other than for stapling things?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Gray, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took less than a week. I heard about the job through word of mouth on a Thursday, and quickly applied online and took the assessment. I heard back less than 24 hours later from corporate wanting to do a quick phone interview. I talked to the guy from corporate for maybe ten minutes and he let me know that they would like to do an on-site interview, so I scheduled that for the following Monday. The lady that referred me really gave me some great interview tips for what the interview at Citi would be like. The interview itself took about 30 minutes to complete, and the man interviewing me was really nice and after all the behavioral and situational questions, told me I did a great job and that HR would be in contact with me soon. On Tuesday afternoon, HR called an extended an offer. I just went yesterday for my fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen. My first day is August 10th. Flexible schedule and pretty good pay for a starting position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer at $11 an hour with weekend differential pay was good with me.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Senior management took the time to get to know me, and sell me the role. However, the culture and care they displayed in the interview process was not the actual culture of the organization. As a woman, the woman friendly environment was misrepresented in the interview process...the only 2 senior leaders in the division were the 2 of the 5 senior management I met (Director/Managing Director Level). The culture in actuality was one of male cave like thinking with war like tendencies of ego and chest banging, and no respect was displayed generally for women. The interview process represented a smart and intelligent process, however, the chaotic actuality once I was in the environment reflected smart and intelligent people with out any leadership or managerial abilities. To receive an offer, everyone had to unanimously like you.

Interview Questions

• The traditional questions: 1. Review your background with the angle of why you're the most qualified for the job, why do you want this job, and why should they pick you 2. Approach to relationship management and difficult situations 3. Testing on concepts of your background with drill down to specific areas of interest   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation....there's a formula. For me, they took my current base salary and gave me a 15K increase to minimally satisfy me taking the offer, with the promise of more within 6 months, which never occurred. They also misrepresent how difficult any negotiation or something more would be (which is not true as I then worked there and learned the truth)

E-Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

very unprofessional the interviewer was wearing (JEANS) and no it was not friday, asked a lot of questions that had nothing to do with the job i know because i had worked in the dept before for over 4 years

Interview Questions

• asked a lot of questions that actually had nothing to do with the job ( I know because I had worked in the same dept before)   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions. They interviewed 12 people that day. It was rather disorganized, because they asked us to come at 7.45 am, yet my interview took place at 10.30. Interviewed on Friday, got an offer on Monday. Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - Tell me about yourself, how did you prepare for the interview. etc   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

attended interview for application support , three Roy da of interviews. Among the three Two rounds of technical interview. Overall the interview went well and eventually received the offer. Eventually joined the job at citi Belfast

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

They focus more on individual working experiences, multi-tasking, interrelationship skill and ability to work under pressure and tight timeline. One have to be open to long working hours, public holiday coverage and shift arrangement as & when required.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I Applied online through Randstad Staffing Agency. The entire process took about 2 months total. I was contacted over the phone by staffing recruiter. A phone interview was then arranged and conducted by a Citi Representative. This was the only interview conducted during the process. I later received an offer 2-3 days later.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Recruitment email and invitation to face-to-face interview. In the interview I was greeted by the hiring manager plus a potential colleague. They showed me around the office as we located a meeting room. The interview was mostly technical, in order to assess how up-to-date I was with Java. I never received feedback, even after sending an email to the company's recruiter - they never responded.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard behavioural personality questions that arise in an interview plus questions about the Java programming language, including its newer features.   Answer Question