Citi Interview Questions

1,073 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a campus recruiter. He liked my qualifications, so they followed up with a phone interview. Passed the phone interview, got an offer to come to their campus in Dallas and interview with three managers. After a brief information session, I met with each of the people in turn and they asked a variety of behavioral questions, asked about my past experience, and inquired about some of my technical qualifications.

I was compensated for food and transportation, and lodging was an option had I required it.

Interview Questions

• What is an application? (in the context of information technology)   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company's website. A few days later I got an email with two lines of words from one HR guy. He asked me to give him a call him when I have time in the email. I called when I saw the email. Nobody answered and I left a voice mail with my cell phone number. Approximately the guy called me back one hour later. During the conversation, my home phone was ringing suddenly, and I excused for a second and held the phone so that I can answer the sudden phone call and told the unexpected caller to call me later. I quickly hung up the home phone in a few seconds and resumed back to the conversation with the guy from Citi. He seemed to be unhappy with this situation and quickly finish our conversation. This means I was declined so promptly.

Interview Questions

• A simple question with regard to my experience and that's it since it was a too short conversation.   Answer Question

Citi Latin America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

An online interview, where you record video responses to questions on screen. You are allowed time to formulate a response and several redos. The fault to this system was you could not gauge your responses, so you have no clue how you did until you hear back. The second stage is a phone interview, which is behavioral as well and with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Citigroup was present at my school's career fair, I had a chance to speak with a recruiter, submitted my resume online, first interview was on campus, second was at their Buffalo office, two 30 minute interviews with VP's of respective divisions, very kind, welcoming, easy-going, nothing super technical, they are really focused more on personality, fit, and are ultimately trying to determine the division that you will succeed in or be the most suitable for

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions such as: Why Citigroup? Why Banking/Financial Services? Discuss your strengths. Walk through your resume. Speak about past experiences as a team member and in a leadership position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard salary 16.82 per hour

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

5-6 in person interviews with managers, initially over the phone and 1-day visit to Canary Wharf. Nice and relaxed atmosphere, many young people. Offer on the spot, followed by background checks, Was able to start in 1 week

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume and behavioral, a few technical questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process. Selected by HR for interview and went for interview. Went in and filled out questionable about my skillset and the discussed afterwards and then my resume. I got a call the following day that they would like to continue with me, should my paperwork all work out, as well as passing a background test and a drug test.

2 weeks later I was working at Citigroup.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone interviews. One was difficult, as there were many technical questions related to development, finance, algorithms, etc. The second phone interview was much easier, and we just discussed my background and talked about the position. Next, was the skype interview with the group manager. He asked some very basic brain teasers, and some H&R-type questions (why do you want the job?, etc.). Finally, there was a half-day in-person interview with four panels. The questions were over a wide range of topics including programming, quant finance, and statistics. Overall, most interviewers were reasonable, and didn't dwell on a particular topic if I wasn't able to answer. Finally, there was an HR interview, which was very straightforward.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

an hour long, telephone interview, all kinds of technical questions. related to reference vs value, abstract vs interface, merge sort vs quick sort, B tree vs B+tree, primary key vs clustered index. give examples of design patterns, temporary table vs table variable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience of technical skills.
      What is const and readonly?

Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through school OCR. Went to superday after almost two weeks. People who interviewed were very helpful. They will help you when you are stuck at any problems. Sometimes they will be very strict on your answers if you can not answer it correctly.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

The process is well structured. The interviewer accesses the profile and screens the resume accordingly. Best part is they prefer diversity during selection process. First telephonic interview is taken and then 1:1 and last 2 round with Senior management (Same vertical and HR). The interviews are scheduled immediately back to back leading it towards fast closure and lesser waiting time for interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer has asked questions on latest implementation process   1 Answer