Citi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Was brought in through a employee referral, had a screening interview with an associate and subsequently was scheduled to meet with three managers back-to-back. None of the managers that I met with were the actual direct report to the open position. They described what the position entailed, traits that were going to be necessary of the potential hire and asked standard interview questions about my background and why I was looking to make a move. Was finished within 2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your experiences supporting multiple managers?   1 Answer

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Mill, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a recruiter set me up with an interview. I had multiple referrals from some tenured managers. I was told I would be contacted with results and I never was. I was told that a new recruiter from New York would take over the process and she never responded to calls or emails. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Generic script interview questions. Nothing technical..   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through citi career portal and had employee referral. Got call after a week. Than took interview after 3 days. He asked me some questions about my project and about Java. Then he asked me write code to find the subset of an array with the largest sum. Questions are not very difficult

Interview Questions

• What’s the angle between Hour hand and Minute hand for 12:15 pm?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President - IT Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. First 2 interviews were with the hiring manager and senior business analysts. In-person interview was with the Development manager. The phone interviews and in-person interview went well. However, I think they were looking to get someone who was really more technical, rather than having a good mix of both business and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face and then a phone question and answer session delivering a presentation on a subject of your choice. The first two interviews went well but the team interviewing over the phone were aggressive and negative from the start.

Interview Questions

• Covered experience and attitude towards the clients. How would you deal on a one to one basis with difficult if rude people. Would you be willing to work longer hours with no acknowledgement.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Give a phone call and let me to go there tomorrow. In the interview,the branch manager asked me several questions about my Internships. After the interview,they give me a test online. 1week later,they said because I am not a US citizen and live far away from the branch. So they decided to hire other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan in the work area in the near 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A bunch of recruiting events on campus and dinners. Very nice throughout the process. The first round interview was one on one and superday was as well. Would not provide feedback

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions. First round was entirely technical. Superday asked what is being successful in life   Answer Question

Automation Testing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Interview

Citi technologies india Pune. 6 rounds in 4 months. The last round was face to face for TTS services and the leading member confirmed that there are fittment issues ...with a statement that they don't want to hire someone who most probably can resign in a year. For a bank such type of unprofessional attitude is really bad. I guess they only believe in hiring local network people and are not diverse. I was made to wait 1.5 hours just to hear that they are still thinking !!!!! Too bad

Analyst-Balance Sheet Substantiation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Goregaon (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a face to face interview after telephonic round with HR team. I went for an interview without any preparation and it cost me. HR team just asked basic questions on current employment, total years of experience, CTC etc..and then they schedule for 1:1 interview. One should prepare for an interview and then go for the same. otherwise it just waste of time and money.

Interview Questions

• Q.What is the 6th schedule of balance sheet?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1st round interview behavioral interview over the phone as I was not from a target school. Super day was in NYC and had 5 back to back interviews lasting 20 minutes each with a managing director. Managing directors were from sales side and trading side.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? Why sales and trading? How would you invest 100 million dollars? General questions about the world markets   Answer Question