Citi

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

First round one campus interviews with senior management from Citi. 2 back to back interviews, 30min each. Final round interview in NYC, Citi's office. 3 back to back interview total 1.5 hours.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

A good round of at least four people. The questions were standard and mainly about commodities and economic insight. Everyone had a different view on the markets and were in different areas of the commodity business.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to evaluate the yield curve versus the return on the oil curve. Most of the other questions were about my background and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Start out with a very basic phone interview, a little background info and very general questions about employment history, current compensation and reason you are looking for another place of employment. Followed by in person interview with hiring manager, then final interview with hirning managers supervisor.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation, will raise offer based on experience only.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

ICG Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Then I was notified that I had made it to the interview process. I had two back to back interviews. And a few hours later they called me back to notify me I made it to the second round. Four interviews in one day and I found out two weeks later that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Two of them where behavioral. The other two were technical but it was general market/economic data   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I applied for Citibank on a Friday and I received a call back the following Tuesday, I had a quick phone interview about 10 minutes then the recuiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I arrived to my interview earlier so I waited patiently. Eventually, the manager came out and escorted me to a conference room. He gave me a short essay to read about what the job would entail, he had me read the last paragraph (I assumed it was to hear how I sounded.) The hiring manager didn't have my resume so I provided him with a copy. He asked a few questions and told me about the job and what all Citi had to offer.
    We ended the meeting on a good note and he told me I'd hear back in one week. I hear back a little over a week later. I interviewed in Jacksonville, FL.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation except for shift.