Citi

851 candidate interviews

Sales & Trading Associate Interview

Sales & Trading Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus 1on1 interview, then superday with 7 interviews

Interview Question – Probability brain teasers   Answer Question

Customer Service & Sales Interview

Customer Service & Sales
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. I then received a call for an initial interview. Soon after, I had a second interview. There was a thorough background check and drug screening test.

Interview Question – The interviewer did not ask their own questions. It was extremely regimented. The interviewer had a booklet of questions with boxes for her to mark answers and observations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Head of Data Acquisition Interview

Head of Data Acquisition
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – Professional and efficient. Citi is well organized and transparent. HR managed the process and they kept me informed of each step. All scheduled appointments were kept and there were no surprises. the interviews, interviewers and meeting formats were all relevant.

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and colaborative

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Pretty easy but a lot is to educate you about the position. Next round was with two managers in the audit department. Both nice guys but the interview felt high pressure and could tell the expected a lot from candidates. After the interview, I felt like they didn't learn anything about me.

Interview Question – What do you think of risk management?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Associate Interview

IT Graduate Associate
Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – There is four stages to the interview process. The order of these are slightly varied. At the start of the day you will either do both interviews or do the aptitude test. Once you have completed one you will move onto the other.

1a) Competency Interview - A one-on-one interview with someone in a senior role. This focuses on what you stated in your CV, while also going over experience you have gained in other jobs and in education. Expect questions such as 'where have you displayed leadership'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

1b) Technical Interview - A one-on-one interview. This covers a wide range of technical questions, covering details you have stated in your CV. A good knowledge of technologies you have stated in your CV will leave you in good standing. Also prepare for questions such as 'How do you deal with working under pressure / close to deadlines'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

2) Aptitude Test - This is completed on a computer. There are 30? questions each lasting 3 minutes to answer. There is no advantage in answering the questions quickly. Once you skip/answer a question you cannot revisit it. Questions are varied and you may not get asked the same questions as others. Questions range from working out speed given distance and time, to selecting the correct pattern when told the rules for it. This does not seem to play a critical role in the interview process, as those scoring ~40-50% make it through the process.

3) Group Interview - This will be done in a meeting room where the interviewers will sit in each corner of the room. You will be given a case study and told to come up with 3 key areas to make improvements to the company in the case study. The focus of this isn't the solutions, but how you behave and act. Once the team agrees on the 3 main areas they will improve you are asked to give a presentation to the interviewers on these ideas. How this is done in up to the team.

Interview Question – State a time when asked to do something, and you weren't sure exactly what needed to be done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interview Details – - Screening hundreds of resumes
- Interview in 20 daily batches
- Invite outstandingg people for a final round
- Send offer

Interview Question – - Guesstimates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot, the offer is Street standard

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – First round starts off with 3 phone interviews, followed by the Super Day interview in New York. The Super Day interview consists of a few 1 on 1 interviews and a case study, which includes a written response and a group presentation.

Interview Question – What's your favorite color?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Officer Interview

Customer Solutions Officer
Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details – For a walk in applicant, you have to find your way to the pbcom tower in makati. Bring 2 valid ids because youll need at least one to enter the building and one for hr. The application is about 12 pages, so be prepared and go the bathroom first. Youll be called for first interview within a half hour. The first interview is just to assess the minimum requirements and qualifications. The second interviewer will really pressure you about your background. And thats as far as i got.

Interview Question – What are you going to do to give bad news to your client.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First phone interview: tell me about yourself for 1 min. Then math and computing problems. I think I had a poor line for phone interview, especially those numbers and algorithms. I was really frustrated about that.

Interview Question – Tell me some algorithms about recursion and sequence.
Game theory is about distribution and the second one beat me in addition to the t-distribution.
  View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Interview Question – Smart pointers reference counting   Answer Question