Citi

Updated Mar 4, 2015
1,025 Interview Reviews

2.9

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Can enterprise value ever be negative?   View Answer

Summer Sales and Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through my schools career center and interviewed over the phone with a past student who now works there. Interview was 15 minutes. Only behavioral question was tell me about yourself. He grilled me about every other question I was asked. I'm only a sophomore and this would be my first finance related job/internship so I wasn't expecting to need to be an expert. I know basic knowledge about the market but this guy grilled me and made me look like an idiot. Lots of background noise so I could barely even hear him.

Interview Questions
    • Did you see whats going on in the market this morning?
      What do you think the Fed is going to do next year to fix the recent downtrend in oil prices? Why? Why? Why?
      What sector should I be looking to invest in? What company? Why? Why?
      Whats your favorite book?

View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

one hour written technical test based on programs related to OOPS, recursion, SQL and a little bit of networking. After that 3 back to back interviews with 3 groups having 2 managers in each group.

The interviewer are friendly and gives you chance to think. Prepare yourself for linked list, inheritance, data structures, trees and SQL based questions like joins and dependencies. Be ready to write program on paper. Explain previous school projects etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of your question will be related to data structures. So, it may be difficult for you if your basics are not clear.   Answer Question
    They have a standard and they offer one of the best package in the market. So there is nothing much to negotiate.

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2010.

4 Telephonic rounds starting with core programming concepts (high emphasis on concurrent programming, race conditions and unit testing with standard frameworks) to more of culture oriented, like handling conflict situations and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Design a system with very high contention, where requests are to be processed in sequence of version for same context.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was refused to be discussed by my hiring manager

Corporate Bonds Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citi in June 2014.

I was sat down by 3 different people. Two of the three were barley paying attention to anything I was saying. The interview felt as if I had to get their attention the entire time.

Model Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Referred by a friend who is currently working in the risk management group.
    One round HR screening phone interview.
    One round Senior Associate technical phone interviews consists of quantitative questions like stochastic process, probability and statistics.
    One round director video interview. About one hour. Five practical statistical and probability questions.

Analyst, Financial Planing and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

The interview started with a test of 18 Financial Management questions. Questions were really tricky and you have to be well versed with the concepts to answer the questions. Only 5 candidates from 25 were selected for personal interview. In personal interview, questions were asked based on experience rather than what is required for the post. You have to be very confident while answering the questions. Three candidates were selected from five. Then, second round of PI was held where much more technical questions were asked. Only one candidate was selected from remaining three. All in all.... one selected from 25 candidates!!!

Mortgage Risk Management, Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2014.

1 phone interview and later an-onsite interview, general questions about why choose citi? Also asked questions on previous experience, also asked about the SAS skills\modeling skills. They prefer people with advanced knowledge on SAS.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't question remember any unexpected questions. but I do have some questions on the SAS coding.   Answer Question

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The whole interview process took roughly 3 hours which consists of 5 stages. IQ test, logical test, mathematical test, competence based essay and interview with manager. Hardest part was you need to complete all the tests in a given time which is quite challenging.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question