Citi Interview Questions

2.9

Sales & Trading Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

On campus 1on1 interview, then superday with 7 interviews

Customer Service & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

I submitted my resume online. I then received a call for an initial interview. Soon after, I had a second interview. There was a thorough background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer did not ask their own questions. It was extremely regimented. The interviewer had a booklet of questions with boxes for her to mark answers and observations.   Answer Question
    No negation.

Head of Data Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Professional and efficient. Citi is well organized and transparent. HR managed the process and they kept me informed of each step. All scheduled appointments were kept and there were no surprises. the interviews, interviewers and meeting formats were all relevant.

Straight forward and colaborative

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

First I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Pretty easy but a lot is to educate you about the position. Next round was with two managers in the audit department. Both nice guys but the interview felt high pressure and could tell the expected a lot from candidates. After the interview, I felt like they didn't learn anything about me.

IT Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

There is four stages to the interview process. The order of these are slightly varied. At the start of the day you will either do both interviews or do the aptitude test. Once you have completed one you will move onto the other.

1a) Competency Interview - A one-on-one interview with someone in a senior role. This focuses on what you stated in your CV, while also going over experience you have gained in other jobs and in education. Expect questions such as 'where have you displayed leadership'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

1b) Technical Interview - A one-on-one interview. This covers a wide range of technical questions, covering details you have stated in your CV. A good knowledge of technologies you have stated in your CV will leave you in good standing. Also prepare for questions such as 'How do you deal with working under pressure / close to deadlines'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

2) Aptitude Test - This is completed on a computer. There are 30? questions each lasting 3 minutes to answer. There is no advantage in answering the questions quickly. Once you skip/answer a question you cannot revisit it. Questions are varied and you may not get asked the same questions as others. Questions range from working out speed given distance and time, to selecting the correct pattern when told the rules for it. This does not seem to play a critical role in the interview process, as those scoring ~40-50% make it through the process.

3) Group Interview - This will be done in a meeting room where the interviewers will sit in each corner of the room. You will be given a case study and told to come up with 3 key areas to make improvements to the company in the case study. The focus of this isn't the solutions, but how you behave and act. Once the team agrees on the 3 main areas they will improve you are asked to give a presentation to the interviewers on these ideas. How this is done in up to the team.

Interview Questions
    • State a time when asked to do something, and you weren't sure exactly what needed to be done   Answer Question
    n/a

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

I had applied on Career Builder online. They called me in for an interview about 3 weeks later. Initially, I had an interview with one supervisor. This interview was more of an informal introduction. I was given the overview of what was expected of me and I was compared to the job specifications based on what I had offered on my resume. I was called in for a second interview with 2 different supervisors. The questions became more specific and required expertise and proven experience to answer correctly. I was very nervous leaving that interview, as it was very intense and I could tell that they were dissecting me and chewing on every ounce of what I said. I was very pleased to learn that they were adding another team to their auto loan division. I was soon to become a member of a new team, whereas we were all new and I wouldn't feel inferior or alone in my training. I had one more interview with my future supervisor, department head, and the two directors. They welcomed me to the team and I couldn't have been more pleased walking out of that building!

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario and I had to explain the steps to diffuse a situation. If I had not been an analyst before, there would have been no way out of it. Thankfully, I had experience and passed with flying colors.   Answer Question
    I countered and they declined. I had no choice but to take what they offered.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

- Screening hundreds of resumes
    - Interview in 20 daily batches
    - Invite outstandingg people for a final round
    - Send offer

Interview Questions
    Not a lot, the offer is Street standard

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

First round starts off with 3 phone interviews, followed by the Super Day interview in New York. The Super Day interview consists of a few 1 on 1 interviews and a case study, which includes a written response and a group presentation.

Customer Solutions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

For a walk in applicant, you have to find your way to the pbcom tower in makati. Bring 2 valid ids because youll need at least one to enter the building and one for hr. The application is about 12 pages, so be prepared and go the bathroom first. Youll be called for first interview within a half hour. The first interview is just to assess the minimum requirements and qualifications. The second interviewer will really pressure you about your background. And thats as far as i got.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to do to give bad news to your client.   Answer Question