Citi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015
1,182 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through my schools career center and interviewed over the phone with a past student who now works there. Interview was 15 minutes. Only behavioral question was tell me about yourself. He grilled me about every other question I was asked. I'm only a sophomore and this would be my first finance related job/internship so I wasn't expecting to need to be an expert. I know basic knowledge about the market but this guy grilled me and made me look like an idiot. Lots of background noise so I could barely even hear him.

Interview Questions

• Did you see whats going on in the market this morning? What do you think the Fed is going to do next year to fix the recent downtrend in oil prices? Why? Why? Why? What sector should I be looking to invest in? What company? Why? Why? Whats your favorite book?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the firm's website and I got an email to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to get a call from an analyst as that's usually the case for most of the bulge brackets, but I actually got a call from the VP of quantitative analysis group. It was an interesting interview as the structure was totally different in that he introduced himself and his group first and then I walked through my resume. After few fit questions, I was asked questions on programming, regression, brain teasers and stats questions. I found it very difficult.

Interview Questions

• There is a fair dice. After the first roll, you can decide whether to take the number or roll it again. However, you have to take the value from the second roll. If I charge you $4 to play this game and pay you whatever the dice shows, will you play this game?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test first and then those who progress have 3 separate interviews in one session. Competency interview, group exercise, and then technical interview.. Group exercise was just to talk about a car insurance company and how to improve it after given information about it. Technical interview was really difficult but the competency one was easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes Java special as a programming language?   1 Answer
    • Favourite programming languages and why   Answer Question
    • What is an OOP language?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem   1 Answer

E-Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

very unprofessional the interviewer was wearing (JEANS) and no it was not friday, asked a lot of questions that had nothing to do with the job i know because i had worked in the dept before for over 4 years

Interview Questions

• asked a lot of questions that actually had nothing to do with the job ( I know because I had worked in the same dept before)   1 Answer

Quant Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

after passing on campus interview, you will come onsite, which begins with a 30 minutes math test and then interview with 8 people from different desks, they can be senior trader/quant/researcher, one of them will ask coding questions. It depends on the personal style of each interviewer, overall it is quantitative.

Manager Java Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Pune (India)).

Interview

* 1 MSQ and programming Test + 3 rounds of Technical Discussion + 1 telephonic discussion with BU Manager + HR round * Process is slow and post HR round, they take time to process offer due to their internal process. * Interviewers are friendly and talk to you nicely.

Interview Questions

• SCJP type MCQ , QuickSort (Code), String processing and pattern matching , Hash , Serialization , Spring configurations through annotations , SQL Queries Joins, Decorator , Singleton , Asynchronous Execution of requests , Distributed transaction Management , Some puzzles in the final round related finding optimum solution to given problem   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through school OCR. Went to superday after almost two weeks. People who interviewed were very helpful. They will help you when you are stuck at any problems. Sometimes they will be very strict on your answers if you can not answer it correctly.

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews where you are quizzed on your grasp of financial statement analysis, macro economic theories and other projects you may have undertaken academically or professionally.

Interview Questions

• VaR, bond pricing, current economic trends in India, my personal forecast for the Indian economy   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Fremont, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

i got a respond 1 week after i put in my applications. It was a total of 2 interview, one with the branch manager, one with the area director. The interview with branch manager took the longest time, I think it almost took us 2 hours for the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• As i had no sale ex before, the branch manager asked me a lot of sale questions from my pervious job as a teller superior. He tested me on product knowledges, customer skill, such as how to handle customers at all time, how to turn customer services into sale.   Answer Question