Citi Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
1,222 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st phone interview with a 2nd year associate, 2nd on site with 3 different 1st year ass. director and VP

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Passed the campus interview, designed to be technical, but turns out to be more behavior.. went to the citi-superday, have four 30 minutes interviews with different managers, feel I did ok, but no offer...good experience to have though

Interview Questions

• If there is a request from a third party company for building a web service, what is the approach you will take?   Answer Question

FX Sales Interview

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview

Risk Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day to schedule an interview. Interview very fluid, more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

Interview

Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The 45 min phone interview was mostly technical. On-site mass interview with multiple steps, from 9am to 4pm. Interviewed by about about 5 people sequentially, with technical and personality aspects distributed in about equal parts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Bulk hiring process.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: basic technical questions such as DCF, behavioral. Second round: 5 back-to-back interviews, sometimes with 2 or 3 people at once. Technical and behavioral.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Super day interview. We had 3 30 minute interviews, followed by an exam for supposedly 1 hour. It was incredibly unprofessional. We were left in a room alone, and people who clearly knew each other were cheating on the exam. The problems were clearly taken out of some resource for these types of questions, and edited not so well, since some problems were like problems that existed, except didn't make sense.

Interview Questions

• What is a real time operating system? What are hard and soft ones? Give examples.   Answer Question

Interview

First round on campus, 2nd one would be offsite

Interview Questions

• A lot of fit questions. How quant do you think you are compared to your classmates, etc. Easy math question given 2 sides of a triangle what is the range that the 3rd side can be.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview and technical interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hardly any room