Citi

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Fairly standard interview process. Was called in for initial interview with head of a particular group. Secondary interview was a panel of 3 senior group memebers. Thoughtful questions and realistic expectation setting

Interview Questions
    • No 'ringer' questions or any out of the ordinary. Be ready to back up any skills you claim to have with practical demonstration.   Answer Question
    Very short - i accepted the first number

Spring Insight Interview

You have to fill in an application form online, which includes CV and i think cover letter. I applied for the women's programme, which apparently only has 1 interview. A lot of competency questions in interview.

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi.

I was hired nine years ago. The interview process back then was fairly easy and straightforward. Hired shortly thereafter. I found the interviewers to be knowledgeable and personable. I was excited to come on board.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much as I thought the salary was fair. Should have negotiated for a title.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

First Was Written Test followed by Technical Interview which is most difficult part of Citi's Process.
    Then Managerial Interview followed by HR Interview which is lengthy o all and will take more than hour.

Interview Questions
    • HR will ask you everything starting from your birth till date.   Answer Question
    Ask for 20% above market standards and they will negotiate and offer you at least 5%-7% above market standards

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions
    • tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative- Credit Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within 3 days. Skills test was pretty fun. I enjoy that kind of stuff. Some of it is timed. Recruiter just went down each job on my resume and asked what I did and why I left each position. Exactly the same information you provide online. At end of interview she asked when I would be able to start as training class was starting soon, she also asked of my availability. She asked what my salary requirement was, I gave her a range and she told me the position pays between $13-$14/hr. From the reviews and based on my experience level..there is no way I could do this job for that rate. I would say this position would be perfect for an entry level candidate. There were no other questions asked.

Interview Questions

Rate of pay was ridiculously low. It would seem to make sense and be more efficient, if this and other employers would post a salary along with the 3 page job descriptions they create.

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2014.

The process took more than 3 months and did not even provide full closure at the end. The recruiter was a very poor communicator and could not get interviews with the relevant people lined up in a timely manner. He misconstrued information and failed to show any professional urgency. The interviews themselves had to be postponed and rescheduled on three occasions, with no or very little notice. After successfully interviewing with all stakeholders an in-person meet and greet was arranged where I had to fund my own trip to Delaware and take a day off work. I was informed a day later that I was 'the candidate of choice' and that Citi would be putting an offer together. two days later I received a very basic email simply stating 'we cannot move forward at this time due to your required compensation and relocation'. When I called to discuss this, the recruiter explained that my salary requirements were out of their range - this despite us agreeing on a ball park figure at the very start of the process - and that I would need an international relocation - this despite the position being in Delaware and me being based in Washington DC and not having even asked for relocation.

The process was unnecessarily long and arduous, poorly organized and even after successfully navigating the interview process they could not explain at all why they would not take the next step. They have been unprofessional, disrespectful and a waste of time and effort in every way.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to reveal details of an offer I received from a competitor that I was concurrently interviewing with, which is highly unusual and unprofessional   View Answer

Database Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I was actually interviewed by an SAIC team. The interview went over my resume and asked a few easy technical questions. There were 2 managers and on DBA in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Intermediate SQL question. Not unexpected. A go-between had edited my resume slightly which came out in the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Generally good interviewers, fair and painted no illusions of the role. And the questions were relevant to experience and ability and not trying to catch out or prove their experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? A bit too long term a question for a basic BA role.   Answer Question
    Hassle free, no hardball tactics

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Spoke to HR representatives on phone throughout the semester to learn about the business; very personable, professional, and helpful. Landed a first round interview even though my university was not on their target school list for this particular program. Second round interview and internship offer. great recruitment experience.