Citi

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Corporate Bonds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citi in June 2014.

I was sat down by 3 different people. Two of the three were barley paying attention to anything I was saying. The interview felt as if I had to get their attention the entire time.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance

Answer Question
    got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

The process took 6 weeks. Assessment Center included one FT-exercise (read and present three articles and describe why they are important for citi, 30 min, so be sure that you have read FT in the morning, that will help a lot), case study (choose between three investment opportunities), numerical test (just to verify the first one), two competency based interviews (held by very senior employees) and one group exercise (about results from a survey).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you saw an associate/senior colleague make a mistake?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview.

1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures.
    2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc.
    After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour.

The test had four parts:

Part I : Java coding
    Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like:
    a. Merging two sorted list
    b. Reversing array elements
    c. Palindrome
    d. Difference between array and linked list
    e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order)

Part II : Brain Teaser

Three brain teasers
    a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water.
    b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable.

Part III: SQL

Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff.

Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard.

Part IV:

Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc.

The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test.

Third Round
    Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The whole interview process took roughly 3 hours which consists of 5 stages. IQ test, logical test, mathematical test, competence based essay and interview with manager. Hardest part was you need to complete all the tests in a given time which is quite challenging.

Mortgage Risk Management, Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2014.

1 phone interview and later an-onsite interview, general questions about why choose citi? Also asked questions on previous experience, also asked about the SAS skills\modeling skills. They prefer people with advanced knowledge on SAS.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't question remember any unexpected questions. but I do have some questions on the SAS coding.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Process took about 4 weeks total. Superday was at the office in Manhattan, consisted of 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews. Asked only behavioral and fit questions. This was for a position within Finance, interviews with people who worked in Finance, not HR. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.

Junior Commodity Quant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through an agency.
    First round phone interview: tell me about yourself in 5 mins. Then go through my CV and ask questions about my teaching experience. Then math and numerical analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some linear algebra questions were raised during the interview.   Answer Question