Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got selected for a campus Interview with two people from the department. On-site interview with 5-7 people (1-2 from each team), based on your resume, they choose who they want to speak to.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Question – Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
  Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Question – How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the Latin America internship program. The whole interview process was different than what other companies do. We had an online excel quiz followed by some questions related to our background. I was then asked to give a video interview with 4/5 questions and submit them online using the portal that they provided.

A week after I finished the video interview, I got a call informing me of my next round of phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview was more for me to ask questions about the job profile. The questions were very behavioral. Later, I was told in the same phone conversation that Spanish would be an added asset to your work experience but not a necessity. However, on realizing how much stress was implied on learning the language, I decided to take up online tutorials and pick up some of it before my internship began.

Interview Question – How will I overcome the issue of not knowing Spanish while dealing with clients that are from the Latin American region. What guidance would I require to accomplish my goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate. The salary for the internship was fair.

Very Easy Interview

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – I dont recall in detail how the interview processed worked. I remember that the interview process was prompt and easy. The hiring manager asked some basic background questions about previous experience I believe.

Vice President Process Analyst Interview

Vice President Process Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through referral. Was contacted in 2weeks and was asked to come for a particular position.HR in the initial communication did mentioned i was required to fill a form so that they have record if i am not selected for the role. On attending the interview I was told I am being interviewed for another role. I was explained the role well and interviewers were polite.

Interview Question – Nothing tough or out of the box   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology Interview

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Posted for job with resume. Interviewed with HR Specialist, Interviewed with hiring manager. Got a provisional response pending background check, security clearance, drug test etc. Then we waited for the results.

Interview Question – What would I do if an emergency situation came up and no one could help me with the decision?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I stated that the salary was less than most in that range. They stated that it was more that others in the company.

Very Easy Interview

Loss Mitigation Specialist Interview

Loss Mitigation Specialist
O'Fallon, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Online application.
Phone Interview- They asked general questions
1:1 Interview - I really did not speak much the person interviewing me spoke the whole time.

The interview was the easiest part. He pretty much told me that I had the job.

Negotiation Details – Someone called, and advised me that Citi wanted to offer me a position. They advised me of the Salary, and i have 7 days to give them an answer.

Technician Interview

Technician
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Interview Details – it was fine. i went through a couple of panel interviews. Not really different from any other type of interview process these days. interviewers were friendly and felt pretty much at ease talking with them

Interview Question – greatest strength and weakness   Answer Question