Citi Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
1,043 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Interview process took well over a month to find the right candidate... There was several rounds of interviews some in great detail, some not so much. I was given the opportunity to meet the entire Global Risk Team that I would work with on a daily basis. The rapport was very good within the team members.

Interview Questions
    • what's the most pressing operational risk issue we have today, from a macro economic point of view?   View Answer
    Very fair and transparent from both ends.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions
    • tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

First Was Written Test followed by Technical Interview which is most difficult part of Citi's Process.
    Then Managerial Interview followed by HR Interview which is lengthy o all and will take more than hour.

Interview Questions
    • HR will ask you everything starting from your birth till date.   Answer Question
    Ask for 20% above market standards and they will negotiate and offer you at least 5%-7% above market standards

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I applied through my university and had a first round interview held on campus followed by a Superday in their NYC office. The first round interview was 1 30 minute interview and the Superday was 5 20-25 minute interviews back to back. Very market based interview questions with some occasional behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is going on in the economy in Australia..... Brazil?   Answer Question

Electronic Fraud Analysis - Fraud Specialist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in January 2015.

I found the job announcement for this position on an internet website. I then went to Citi's website and immediately applied. Part of the application process required an online assessment that took less than 45 minutes to complete. Upon completion, I immediately received an email indicating that I successfully qualified on their assessment. One business days later, I was contacted by a Citi recruiter, who scheduled my interview for the following day.

When I arrived for my interview, I was impressed with the overall professionalism of the staff I encountered. There were many Citi employees also waiting to be interviewed for other positions within the company. Most had been working there for over 8 years and seemed extremely approachable, friendly, and loyal to the company. A relaxed and casual environment.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral type questions were asked to evaluate skills and recognize potential.   Answer Question

Technology Infrastructure Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through my university's campus recruiting and got an interview. Though I was a business major applying through the business school, my interviewer said he usually interviewed engineering students. The questions were all very technical. The positions described to me did not match the descriptions I had read in the job post on my university's website. I thought the interview was difficult, but a computer science or engineering major would have probably done better.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several questions about the software used at Citi.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Two phone interviews followed by superday in NYC. I had to network extensively to get the interview since I came form a non target school. Superday consisted of five 25 minute interviews with mostly directors in the Sales and Trading Business

Interview Questions
    • If I was in a comma for the past nine month and just awoke, how would you describe what has happened in the world economy.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citi.

Difficult. A lengthy process with many "what would you do" questions. Walked out of the interview thinking I had the job, three days later received a no offer.

Analyst, Ibd Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in December 2014.

I had 3 first round interviews with bankers at Analyst, Associate and Vice President levels. Each interview consisted competency based questions and technical questions. The technical questions mainly consist Accounting and Valuation questions.