Citi

850 candidate interviews

Associate Interview

Associate
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details – All day case studies in group and individual, individual presentation in front of management and individual talk with management about all day (what you think was good

Interview Question – Not surprising: How do you see yourself in 5 year, who was the leader during each case, why do you think this person was the leader   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Financial Management Associate Interview

Financial Management Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Internal promotion process for FMA entails networking with current and former FMAs, completion of application (short answer questions), initial interviews of current FMAs as well as super day of directors and managing directors (4 interviews in total).

Interview Question – Full walk-through of a valuation of a theoretical company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an internal candidate, there is not any negotiation in terms of salary or role. The FMA program has a set structure. The choices come in the rotations.

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Summer Finance Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college. Got called for a first round interview. I was told I would be called for a second round but then didn't get called back.

Interview Question – If you haven't studied finance why should I hire you?
(coming from a liberal arts college we aren't offered finance courses)
  Answer Question

Applications Dev Programmer Analyst Interview

Applications Dev Programmer Analyst
Santa Ana, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – By Cellphone and then they program a meeting with you and all is in English, then you need to send some medical results and that's it.

Interview Question – .NET, Excel experience   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Interview Question – Explain about resent unconventional monetaly policy.   Answer Question

Business Object Developer Interview

Business Object Developer
New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interview was a bit tough and tricky

Interview Question – how do you design data model for 3nf   View Answer

IB Analyst Interview

IB Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, followed up with cold calling and a phone pitch. Did three phone interviews that were mostly technical and IB related. The big surprise was in the AC- No technical questions but you get stretched with the business case and the other activities. Time management is key and you get evaluated against people with you in the AC.

Interview Question – At&t wants to acquire a telecom company in Nigeria- Briefly discuss with me five points that you want to raise as an adviser to the client's meeting tomorrow?   View Answer

ECM Analyst Interview

ECM Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – People are being pretty critical in the process. However, it is reasonable, as investment banks do not tolerate a lot of mistakes. Attention to detail is important as well.

Interview Question – The most recent deal that Citi has closed in Greater China Area.   Answer Question

Commodities S&T Interview

Commodities S&T

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied through Citi's oncampus application. Then found out a few weeks later that I got the interview. I went into the interview and they asked me some tough questions, but it felt like more of a stress test because it was very unlikely that I would have the 'correct' answer and it was more about the thought process.

Interview Question – Describe the power market from top to bottom.
Rank the marginal cost in order of least to greatest - nuclear, wind, solar, gas, crude
  Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Unit Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details – The phone screen was relatively easy. An HR associate asks you general questions about your experience and education. The next step is an interview with the hiring manager, in this step two managers go over an interview in an office environment asking you about 10 questions about Stress mgmt, building customer loyalty, working under stress, facing a difficult situation. Providing examples of coaching, training and developing employees. They seem to look for a person who follows guidelines and keeps a consistent performance. Not into innovative managers or creative mindsets.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your weakness put you under stress and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Working hours and management