Citi Interview Questions

1,175 Interview Reviews

2.9

Retail Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied online for a position I was emailed by HR to set up a phone screen. After talking with the (very nice) HR rep, I was told the salary which was less than I was making. I appreciated being told this info up front as to not waste anyone's time. I was really interested in the company so I decided to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager in case there was flexibility with the salary. The hiring manager never called at our confirmed time so I decided not to pursue that role any longer. The next week another HR person contacted me about a similar role with a higher salary and we set up a time to talk for about 20 min (walking through resume). She then asked if I was available to come in over 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. The week of the interview I still hadn't gotten any info on when and where the interview would take place. I followed up a few times and was finally sent an interview itinerary 2 days before I was to come in. Luckily I was already off this day so I didn't need to worry about time, but I found the process to be very scattered. The itinerary had me there for 2 hours, with two sets of panel interviews with 3 people in each session. The panel interviews were average. Only 2 people showed up in both instead of 3. The first set had the actual hiring manager and he was very engaged. I was asked to walk through my resume and some scenario questions - overall went well. The second part was very awkward. Neither interviewer seemed to have any specific questions or very much practice in interviewing. I ended up leading most of the time. I sent an email to thank the HR rep who set everything up and asked what the next steps were. She then told me they were interviewing internal candidates the following week, so I should hear something in about 2 weeks. Two weeks went by so I sent a follow up email with no response. I decided to send another final email a week later as one last attempt and was then told I wasn't going to be getting an offer. Overall most people were very nice but for such a large company, I expected a more regimented process.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

HR is very slow and hard to get ahold of. Hiring process very lengthy and not streamlined at all. Definitely could use improvement in this area. Also no preference is given to internal development.

Sourcing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process lasted two days. I first interviewed with a manager who was very confident and pleasant over the phone. My interviewer was really thorough in explaining what the position entailed, and what was required of me. The next day I was given the opportunity to interview with one of the sourcing managers who I would be supporting in their day to day work flow. The conversation flowed well and my interviewer had a lot of energy and was super friendly. Overall I had a pleasant experience and have only positive things to say about it.

Interview Questions

• What were my responsibilities at my previous position.   Answer Question

Support Ops Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions regarding background/qualifications...and then asked to do a mock phone call in which I picked the scenario to be on the receiving end of the call. They wanted to see how I handled difficult customers. Also was given a sheet with scenario and had to write an email response if I were really in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a challenging customer service experience, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and was very willing to make clarification and share info abt the job, knowing that I was a student. It was a one to one interview, very light hearted and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• Would you really want the job if i offer it to you? Do you know what is trustee?   Answer Question

Seniorr Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Well, what to say? One of the worst recruitment procedures that I've ever seen in my life. I was contacted by a different Citi recruiting representatives. A half an hour phone interview was scheduled, however, they seem to be having a difficulty to understand a different time zones so be extra careful when arranging an interview . A phone interview was conducted and no feedback was received. In the meantime their representative has contacted me twice again to apply for the same role. After explaining to their representative that I've already had a phone interview, I eventually received a very subjective feedback from their hiring manager that I wasn't successful. Citi should be aware that a bad recruitment experience is at least as damaging as a bad consumer experience. This bank is simply not equipped to deal with this and unfortunately this means they really need to improve their processes so that they may engage, hire and retain candidates such as myself.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked some very simple questions to share details on one or two projects that I was involved in and how I approached my tasks . Some technical questions and details of the technical environments that I've worked in.Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

There was an Initial phone interview. Then an online assessment test. If you make it through that you will get a face-to-face interview. They will tell you to wait if they are going to make you an offer.

Resource and Relocation Strategy Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several different people within the organization which allowed me to get a feel for the job. The group included someone with the same position I was interviewing for and members of the organization with different job functions.

Interview Questions

• Provided a typical job function scenario and asked how I would respond.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was very standard. With your application you need to fill out an assessment. Once you completed it you had a 5 minute basic interview to see if you qualified for the position. You were told the salary and the basics you need to know. You get scheduled for an in-person interview with a hiring manager from the department that is hiring. It was again standard ,"tell me time when you..." questions.Once it is done you wait for weeks for the HR to find a spot in a training class. My experience was very disorganized. I interviewed for one position just to be told to interview for another. Overall it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Wichita Falls, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with an application and a short, timed, math and reading tests. These tests are pretty simple and just check mathematical skills. During the group interview, a panel asks you questions about your personality, strengths and weaknesses and assesses your ability to communicate and problem solve.