Citi Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
1,067 Interview Reviews

2.9

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It is on campus interview. The recruiter asked detail about the resume and a simple math problem.

Interview Questions

• A cube is shrinking in the water, but still stays the shape of cube. Given the shrink rate of its volume, ask you to find out the shrink rate of surface area   Answer Question

Latin America Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Two on one 40 minute phone interview which surprisingly was mostly technical questions. I was then invited to the super day one week later, which consisted of 5 one on one interviews. 2 behavioral and 3 technical based. Was interviewed in both English and Spanish. The people were generally very friendly and most of the interview process was making sure candidates met baseline requirements.

Interview Questions

• What recent deals have you been following and why have they interested you.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was part behavioral, and then part technical. Fairly typical of an entry level investment banking interview. The first round phone screen (which was mostly behavioral), 2nd round in-person superday. After the superday, they called fairly quickly with the offer. The interview in-person was a 1x1, but I heard sometimes it's 2x1 or more. Overall a fair, efficient, and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what stock you like right now and why? Walk me through the three financial statements   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very disorganized. I learned that they are hiring through friends and applied. Received an interview call and was asked a bunch of questions. Then I did a face to face interview where we spend 2 hours talking about random stuff followed by 2 technical questions. Mostly language specific.

Interview Questions

• Random questions, like how many bits in a byte? or java specific questions   Answer Question

They initially said they like me a lot but were not willing to negotiate at all. I wasn't okay with the terms of their offer and they stopped responding to my emails! So unprofessional.

European PE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Not impressed. Interviewer showed up late and dressed very casually. Was actually very arrogant, and I left the interview and called the recruiter to tell him that I was not interested in progressing. The interviewed did not know or understand the position into which I was applying for and yet there was an arrogant tone.

Collections Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and quick. The manager that interviewed me was very pleasant but professional. questions were the basics. hey hired me on the spot and gave me a schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you spoke to a customer who was upset?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round of on-campus (MBA) interviews, with a string of fit & competency questions. I had to go through two rounds of interviews, where it was mostly a friendly atmosphere. Second round was at the Canary Wharf office (their UK headquarters), with 4 interviews with all fit & competency & technical questions. The second round interviews involved more senior people, mostly with directors and MDs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating process involved.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for different position. The recruiter contacted me for the positions as financial analyst. I had an interview in the same week. The interview was fine, simple and relax. No pressure. The negative point is that they gave you the feeling of being the good fit and they declined you. Citi need to be honest or don't show anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work and education background. Questions about work situations as financial analyst. Asked questions about computer skills and knowledge of others languages.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and stress free interview. I felt very at ease and open to ask any questions I had of my own. After meeting with the managing director, I was introduced to both junior and senior traders and was able to ask them questions about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job relate to this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview

Sent my resume through my schools career website. Got a phone interview from HR to set up an interview with one of the managers. The manager explained what they were looking for and asked me about my work and academic experience. A few days after that I got an email with a written offer

Interview Questions

• How well do you know how to use excel and power point? Do you speak both English and Spanish fluently and also can write in those languages?   Answer Question