Citi

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Junior Commodity Quant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

I applied through an agency.
    First round phone interview: tell me about yourself in 5 mins. Then go through my CV and ask questions about my teaching experience. Then math and numerical analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some linear algebra questions were raised during the interview.   Answer Question

Sales, Trading & Quantitative Analysis Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I applied through the firm's website and I got an email to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to get a call from an analyst as that's usually the case for most of the bulge brackets, but I actually got a call from the VP of quantitative analysis group. It was an interesting interview as the structure was totally different in that he introduced himself and his group first and then I walked through my resume. After few fit questions, I was asked questions on programming, regression, brain teasers and stats questions. I found it very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There is a fair dice. After the first roll, you can decide whether to take the number or roll it again. However, you have to take the value from the second roll. If I charge you $4 to play this game and pay you whatever the dice shows, will you play this game?   Answer Question

Model Validation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Referred by a friend who is currently working in the risk management group.
    One round HR screening phone interview.
    One round Senior Associate technical phone interviews consists of quantitative questions like stochastic process, probability and statistics.
    One round director video interview. About one hour. Five practical statistical and probability questions.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

It was pretty chill. Friendly people who interviewed me. Not too many technical questions although they expect you to know excel and have a reasonable understanding of the financial markets and the economy.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most interesting news you have heard recently.   Answer Question
    Straightforward

Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Overall it was a very professional and easy going process. I talked to the recruiter at my universities career fair and he took down my number. Later that day, he called to set up an interview for the next day. The next day I met with an upper level manager and an employee in the program currently. The interview was very conversational. I received a call a week later inviting me to a Super Day, Citi's main and final interview. At the Super Day, I had 2 interviews, both with managers with one that was supposed to be more technical. The interviews did not follow a script and felt more like a conversation than a interview. The technical interview was very high level and still very conversational for being an interview. After the one-on-one interviews, you were asked to present a presentation that you prepared before hand. I recieved the topic about a week before the interview so I had ample time to make a presentation. Last, we were broken up into groups to work on a group case study. During this time, managers are in the room with you assessing you as you work in a group to come up with a solution to the given prompt. You then present this solution as a group to all the managers.

Cards Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

On campus interview followed by a superday - very standard behavioral interview - no technicals. Just talk about your past experiences and why you want to be in credit cards and you'll be fine! They are mostly looking for fit and not prior experience in the credit card industry. Do brief research on how credit cards make money.

None

Analyst Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions
    • If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Credit Operations Specialist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Online application, 30-minute phone screening/interview, received email request for in-person interview, 30-minute on-site interview, received email offering me a base salary and providing details on differential pay for nights and weekend work hours. Process was very professional and well-handled by the small on-site HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you have faced in the workplace, how you rectified the situation, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Analyst, Financial Planing and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

The interview started with a test of 18 Financial Management questions. Questions were really tricky and you have to be well versed with the concepts to answer the questions. Only 5 candidates from 25 were selected for personal interview. In personal interview, questions were asked based on experience rather than what is required for the post. You have to be very confident while answering the questions. Three candidates were selected from five. Then, second round of PI was held where much more technical questions were asked. Only one candidate was selected from remaining three. All in all.... one selected from 25 candidates!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I applied for Citibank on a Friday and I received a call back the following Tuesday, I had a quick phone interview about 10 minutes then the recuiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I arrived to my interview earlier so I waited patiently. Eventually, the manager came out and escorted me to a conference room. He gave me a short essay to read about what the job would entail, he had me read the last paragraph (I assumed it was to hear how I sounded.) The hiring manager didn't have my resume so I provided him with a copy. He asked a few questions and told me about the job and what all Citi had to offer.
    We ended the meeting on a good note and he told me I'd hear back in one week. I hear back a little over a week later. I interviewed in Jacksonville, FL.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation except for shift.