Citi Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
1,043 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Phone with HR 1st round, asked about preference, description, experience, strenght, weakness, standard HR round questions.
     line manager 2nd round, technical and relevant aspects related to the role. Two managers asked questions in the interview

Interview Questions
    • asked about interests, gave situational questions on the situation faced on the desk. The relevant experience to deal with stress and multi-tasking. Previous background in working with international team   Answer Question

Securities Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very relaxed, a couple of accounting questions, and brain teasers. 3 different interview stages. They usually get back to you within 2 weeks and tell you if you've made it to the next stage. But I emailed my HR Representative every week. In my opinion, there's not much you can prepare for in regards to the brain teasers or personality questions. But know your basic accounting.

Interview Questions
    • You have expenses paid of 100,000 in the beginning of the year but they are accounted for quarterly. Give me the journal entries of these transactions.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2011.

The interview process was a 2 step process. First, there was a one to one which was very relaxed and was a more of getting to know you meeting. The second was a group interview where you had a written test then had to do an exercise with the group.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

no negotiation

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions
    • For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Technology Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in December 2014.

pleasant staff who put you at ease. Two interviews, one competency and one technical. Competency is fine as long as you think through the answers, technological is a bit harder. They ask things like, what do you know about citi? why do you want to work in tech? what is your favourite piece of tech? This is followed by a group activity which isnt too bad if you think quickly and try to keep the format of conversation well organised

Interview Questions
    • Software Development Cycle, why do you want to work in technology?   Answer Question

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in July 2014.

Spoke with the recruiter and a phone screen was setup with the hiring manager. After that I was invited to 4 rounds of onsite interview. The recruiter called me stating that the offer was being worked upon but I did not hear back even after emailing a couple of times. (PS:The hiring team was very courteous and polite.)

Interview Questions
    • General questions about past experience. Tell me about a time when you initiated a project and approached management for their buy-in.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2015.

The process of interviewing with Citi's Engineering dept. was unprofessional. The hiring manager missed our initial phone interview without any notice, and then the HR recruiter tells me to let him know if and when the manager calls by COB, assuming I was going to wait the rest of the day for the interview. We rescheduled the phone interview for the following day.

The person interviewing me had a very deep accent and I had to ask multiple times to repeat the question. The questions were easy and not deeply technical, but in less than 24 hours of business day they decided to go "with another person," even though I know I did well in answering the questions. Seems like they already made their decision prior to my interview.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

I was required to sit an aptitude test after sending my application online. This was done at the Head office in Nairobi.
    No calculators were allowed.
    I found the time very limited.

Interview Questions
    • Psychometric testing : basic maths questions, English grammar and a few general knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first interview is a behavioral questions, they called me within a week. They let me know that they would be flying me out. I was toured around the Irving campus and introduced to several other candidates. The management came and pulled each applicant for interviews with potential managers. I interviewed with two managers whose background was in networking. I did not have much experience in networking protocols. The questions they asked were primarily applied algorithms and theory.

Interview Questions
    • What could prolong a file transfer and how could you monitor your progress ?   Answer Question