Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Very standard and efficient.. I recieved a call from the recruiter and was scheduled within a week for a one on one directly with the hiring manger. It was a pleasant experience

Negotiation Details – They were open but a slight amount

Retention/Customer Service Interview

Retention/Customer Service
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First interview team that you speak with knows nothing about position, or pay. Second, interview done on sight with manager from respective department. Not for the faint of hear in terms of customer service. You need to give the impression you like to talk to people all day, and that resolving difficult customer issues is your thing.
You need to be in my opinion very sure of your ability. Even if you are very unsure if the position is right for you. My sister in law applied, and asked too many questions. This is a very difficult job environment. They need people who can at least fake enthusiasm in the beginning, or at least give a sense that they are a self starter, and can figure it out.

Interview Question – How would you handle are difficult customer experience? How would you turn a negative customer complaint into a positive for the customer, and Citibank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't let them boss you into the time they dictate for working hours. Many people, less skilled than myself negotiate better start times for morning hours. I didn't know we had a choice. Ended up working night for like 8 months.

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Pretty easy but a lot is to educate you about the position. Next round was with two managers in the audit department. Both nice guys but the interview felt high pressure and could tell the expected a lot from candidates. After the interview, I felt like they didn't learn anything about me.

Interview Question – What do you think of risk management?   Answer Question

Head of Data Acquisition Interview

Head of Data Acquisition
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – Professional and efficient. Citi is well organized and transparent. HR managed the process and they kept me informed of each step. All scheduled appointments were kept and there were no surprises. the interviews, interviewers and meeting formats were all relevant.

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and colaborative

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – it takes a long time to get the offer even with the company. the hiring is about a month to a month and a half long. you have a phone interview with HR, then you must pass all the testing they give you and on top of that comes another interview with a DM. And then you wait for them to get back to you.

Negotiation Details – none you are offered a base pay and take it or leave it

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Mortgage Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – 1ST-HR: There is an initial interview to review your resume and discuss experience to ensure you are a good fit for the position. Then HR passes your resume to the hiring manager. You are scheduled for an interview if the hiring manager agrees that you are a good fit. 2nd Interview is with a Departmental Mgr and Risk Mgr who complete an underwriter interview with you. They ask specific policy/guidelines for FNMA/FHLMC/FHA etc..depending on which area you will be working. I was even asked the formulas for income calculation, LTV, appraisal standards & adjustment maximums etc... They even asked questions to determine if you have good judgment/instinct. Two weeks after the interview, I was extended an offer contingent on my passing pre-employment. Others who were in training with me waited up to 5 weeks to receive an offer letter. Once received, paperwork is completed for the on-board process..fingerprints are done for background check..employment and credit were also checked. Once in training, we had to complete NMLS..either apply or transfer current NMLS to Citi.

Interview Question – I was asked specific questions about tax returns..what line is this or that on and I had to bring the schedules in front of me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they gave me what I asked for.

All Positions Posted Interview

All Positions Posted
Hagerstown, MD

I applied through other source and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Would not know as after my position was eliminated, I could never get another interview even after being with this company for 15 years, all I continued to get was that someone else was more qualified.

Citi Latin America Internship Interview

Citi Latin America Internship

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – It is a video tape interview. After hearing back from the company, you will receive a link for the online interview. Several questions will be recorded. Before recording the questions, the system will guide you to prepare the internet, voice, and screen well. No questions such as tell me about yourself, why citi? Instead, the questions are straight forward to the position you apply. Nothing unexpected.

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Roseland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPs, One Associate
2nd Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPS (different), One SVP
All Questions Were Behavioral, save for one or two accounting related questions. Accounting questions were very basic, i.e. how does net income show up on Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow Statement.

Interview Question – Questions were more about fit than Technical Skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Assistant Vice President - Corporate Strategy Interview

Assistant Vice President - Corporate Strategy
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied through internal HR process - first round included interview with manager and case study, second round included 2 interviews with other managers, and final round was interview with group head

Interview Question – Business Case   Answer Question