Citi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
        Answer Question

Associate Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

I dont recall in detail how the interview processed worked. I remember that the interview process was prompt and easy. The hiring manager asked some basic background questions about previous experience I believe.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

I applied for the Latin America internship program. The whole interview process was different than what other companies do. We had an online excel quiz followed by some questions related to our background. I was then asked to give a video interview with 4/5 questions and submit them online using the portal that they provided.

A week after I finished the video interview, I got a call informing me of my next round of phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview was more for me to ask questions about the job profile. The questions were very behavioral. Later, I was told in the same phone conversation that Spanish would be an added asset to your work experience but not a necessity. However, on realizing how much stress was implied on learning the language, I decided to take up online tutorials and pick up some of it before my internship began.

Interview Questions
    • How will I overcome the issue of not knowing Spanish while dealing with clients that are from the Latin American region. What guidance would I require to accomplish my goals?   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate. The salary for the internship was fair.

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi.

Posted for job with resume. Interviewed with HR Specialist, Interviewed with hiring manager. Got a provisional response pending background check, security clearance, drug test etc. Then we waited for the results.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if an emergency situation came up and no one could help me with the decision?   View Answer
    I stated that the salary was less than most in that range. They stated that it was more that others in the company.

Vice President Process Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Applied through referral. Was contacted in 2weeks and was asked to come for a particular position.HR in the initial communication did mentioned i was required to fill a form so that they have record if i am not selected for the role. On attending the interview I was told I am being interviewed for another role. I was explained the role well and interviewers were polite.

Loss Mitigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Online application.
    Phone Interview- They asked general questions
    1:1 Interview - I really did not speak much the person interviewing me spoke the whole time.

The interview was the easiest part. He pretty much told me that I had the job.

Someone called, and advised me that Citi wanted to offer me a position. They advised me of the Salary, and i have 7 days to give them an answer.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

it was fine. i went through a couple of panel interviews. Not really different from any other type of interview process these days. interviewers were friendly and felt pretty much at ease talking with them

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Very standard and efficient.. I recieved a call from the recruiter and was scheduled within a week for a one on one directly with the hiring manger. It was a pleasant experience

They were open but a slight amount