Citi

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through campus recruiting. First round phone interview about 40 minutes. Mainly talked about the market, math questions (stats), guestimates, econometrics, and interest in this position. Then invited to the final round interview. Interviewed with 6 people, from traders to directors. Mainly talked about everything on my resume and my interest in this industry. Some technical questions but they tried to make sure you have the ability to learn on the job and you have the passion for this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Do you suggest your clients hedging 100% of their products?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because it's my first choice

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in November 2014.

30 minute interview on the phone and 1 hr in person interview. Wasn't asked questions the guy hired me after talking 10 minutes. Recruiter came in and made offer. I wasn't too happy about the offer or the misinformation that was provided on the requisition.

Non negotiable pay.

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Interview process took well over a month to find the right candidate... There was several rounds of interviews some in great detail, some not so much. I was given the opportunity to meet the entire Global Risk Team that I would work with on a daily basis. The rapport was very good within the team members.

Interview Questions
    • what's the most pressing operational risk issue we have today, from a macro economic point of view?   View Answer
    Very fair and transparent from both ends.

Risk Analyst Interview

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

A good round of at least four people. The questions were standard and mainly about commodities and economic insight. Everyone had a different view on the markets and were in different areas of the commodity business.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to evaluate the yield curve versus the return on the oil curve. Most of the other questions were about my background and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

First round one campus interviews with senior management from Citi. 2 back to back interviews, 30min each. Final round interview in NYC, Citi's office. 3 back to back interview total 1.5 hours.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Start out with a very basic phone interview, a little background info and very general questions about employment history, current compensation and reason you are looking for another place of employment. Followed by in person interview with hiring manager, then final interview with hirning managers supervisor.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation, will raise offer based on experience only.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation