Citi Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
867 interviews

2.9

Unit Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

The phone screen was relatively easy. An HR associate asks you general questions about your experience and education. The next step is an interview with the hiring manager, in this step two managers go over an interview in an office environment asking you about 10 questions about Stress mgmt, building customer loyalty, working under stress, facing a difficult situation. Providing examples of coaching, training and developing employees. They seem to look for a person who follows guidelines and keeps a consistent performance. Not into innovative managers or creative mindsets.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your weakness put you under stress and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Working hours and management

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2009.

Great hiring process, smooth communication, great job description and questions

Never accept first offers

Project Leader Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

2 - 3 phone or face to face interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

It was well coordinated by the recruiter. Set up meetings. Took time. Subsequently I've seen others that were conducted by other recruiters that were not well managed.

Requested % above current salary and we reached an agreement

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Expect multiple rounds of interviews by people in and out the department. Peer departments and client departments might be included. Emphasis on a wide consensus to make safe decisions

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are standard and not out of the ordinary. Questions like why do you want to work at Citi are common.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
      Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
      Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.
        Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2011.

Online tests, phone interview and assessment centre

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi.

These folks at Citi were highly organized & professional with their hiring and interview process. Everything to do with appointments ran like clockwork. The interviewers really knew the AML profession and they made you comfortable and asked succinct questions regarding the daily tasks and skills required for the AML job description. The interview was difficult in that they are extremely thorough, however, if you know your professsion and responsibilites, you should have no difficulty in the interview. Also, one should make sure to brush up on Excell as I had several questions pertaining to this application skill.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself being promoted to within Citi -- five years from now?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were permitted. But take the salary and get your foot in the door. Once you are in Citi the opportunities are plentiful. If you are up to the AML task and you have produced a good track record at Citi you can name the position you aspire to within the Citi's organization. They respect and they reward those who care about accomplishment.

Analyst/Senior Analyst-Finance @ CITICORP India Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Citi.

The interview process comprises of preliminary screening and then face to face interview.
    Its difficult to exactly tell how many rounds of face to face interview exist because I could only get to 8 th round.
    I can say this literally every senior person in CITI at Nirlon Park had interviewed me face to face.

And please note that all rounds are elimination.Once manager will approve it , then your resume flows to another guy who interviews you.If succesful he forward it to third.and it goes like this.

And guess what you don't even get the feedback.
    In my case consultant was Elixir-Web.When I asked them for feedback , they said they will let me know.Later they called me to know If company contacted me directly.
    Then after 3 months they drop a email to check if CITI directly contacted me and I joined.They dont trust their clients.

Interview Questions
    • 8 rounds of F-2-F interview in my case.   View Answer