Citi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

Loss Mitigation Interview

Internal interview, asked questions about experience used a per set questioner , how you diffused a tough situation, what your strengths are and weakness .

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Summer Intern Interview

Passed the campus interview, designed to be technical, but turns out to be more behavior..
    went to the citi-superday, have four 30 minutes interviews with different managers, feel I did ok, but no offer...good experience to have though

Interview Questions
    • If there is a request from a third party company for building a web service, what is the approach you will take?   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview was straightforward, mostly behavioral. Had two 30-minute on campus interviews, then got the call to the next stage. Next stage was more of the same. Got an offer a week later.

O&T Analyst Interview

Went to a career-fair at my university, and they wanted me to come to the on-campus interview. Asked me some basic IT questions, rest were all behavioral. Got invited for a on-site interview in Dallas, Texas. Got interview by three different people, and again, they all asked standard behavioral questions. Got a job offer a few weeks later.

Citi Quant Trading Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

They recruited on campus and I was selected among many others.

Interview Questions
    • I did one probability question with 3 small sub questions. The first two were easy but the third one really threw me off. He asked me about its probability distribution and the expected payoff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

Two rounds of interview, assessment centre depends on the position applied for

Interview Questions
    • If you have a number of cars on the assembly line and you have to choose the top x number of cars, how will go about accepting or rejecting it as they come off the assembly line, given a criteria for choosing?   Answer Question

Latin America Internship Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview that asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about Excel. The interviewer told me that I will be contacted by a hiring manager from one of the departments for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic behavioral questions like biggest accomplishment, biggest project under your leadership, et cetera.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

On campus interview and a superday which included 6 1-on-1 interviews.

No negotiation

Director Interview

It was several years ago. I don't recall much about the process. Also there have been significant turnover in HR so it is likely no longer relevant

Interview Questions
    • Similar to above, it has been too long of a timeframe and most of the HR professionals are no longer in place   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question