Citi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,180 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two on site interviews

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services and submitted application, CV, and Cover Letter. Was contacted to take numerical test for the company. After the passing the first, the first round of interviews were 2 interviews, 25 minutes each. The interviews were conducted via phone, and were done with only one person. Initially both interviews consisted of asking about work experience, fit questions, why Citi, and why investment banking. Later on the interview very easy technical questions were asked about portfolio diversification and portfolio correlation.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major, why should we hire you for an investment banking position?   Answer Question

Risk Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

One interview in school, it was behavioral based. 3 interview in NY headquarters, focused on technical skills, soft skills, and stress-handling abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Citi given the economic uncertainty   Answer Question

Recon Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people. It was slightly informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made an offer and that was it.

O&T Analyst Interview

Interview

Went to a career-fair at my university, and they wanted me to come to the on-campus interview. Asked me some basic IT questions, rest were all behavioral. Got invited for a on-site interview in Dallas, Texas. Got interview by three different people, and again, they all asked standard behavioral questions. Got a job offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

They recruited on campus and I was selected among many others.

Interview Questions

• I did one probability question with 3 small sub questions. The first two were easy but the third one really threw me off. He asked me about its probability distribution and the expected payoff.   Answer Question

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview that asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about Excel. The interviewer told me that I will be contacted by a hiring manager from one of the departments for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Just basic behavioral questions like biggest accomplishment, biggest project under your leadership, et cetera.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Takes a long time over 7 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk-thru the risks of this type of audit, controls to test and how they would be tested.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

One round interview with very basic questions`

Interview Questions

• some options and mutual fund quesitons. nothing too hard   Answer Question