Citi Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
867 interviews

2.9

Associate Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

I dont recall in detail how the interview processed worked. I remember that the interview process was prompt and easy. The hiring manager asked some basic background questions about previous experience I believe.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

I applied for the Latin America internship program. The whole interview process was different than what other companies do. We had an online excel quiz followed by some questions related to our background. I was then asked to give a video interview with 4/5 questions and submit them online using the portal that they provided.

A week after I finished the video interview, I got a call informing me of my next round of phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview was more for me to ask questions about the job profile. The questions were very behavioral. Later, I was told in the same phone conversation that Spanish would be an added asset to your work experience but not a necessity. However, on realizing how much stress was implied on learning the language, I decided to take up online tutorials and pick up some of it before my internship began.

Interview Questions
    • How will I overcome the issue of not knowing Spanish while dealing with clients that are from the Latin American region. What guidance would I require to accomplish my goals?   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate. The salary for the internship was fair.

IT Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

There is four stages to the interview process. The order of these are slightly varied. At the start of the day you will either do both interviews or do the aptitude test. Once you have completed one you will move onto the other.

1a) Competency Interview - A one-on-one interview with someone in a senior role. This focuses on what you stated in your CV, while also going over experience you have gained in other jobs and in education. Expect questions such as 'where have you displayed leadership'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

1b) Technical Interview - A one-on-one interview. This covers a wide range of technical questions, covering details you have stated in your CV. A good knowledge of technologies you have stated in your CV will leave you in good standing. Also prepare for questions such as 'How do you deal with working under pressure / close to deadlines'. Lasts between 30-45 minutes.

2) Aptitude Test - This is completed on a computer. There are 30? questions each lasting 3 minutes to answer. There is no advantage in answering the questions quickly. Once you skip/answer a question you cannot revisit it. Questions are varied and you may not get asked the same questions as others. Questions range from working out speed given distance and time, to selecting the correct pattern when told the rules for it. This does not seem to play a critical role in the interview process, as those scoring ~40-50% make it through the process.

3) Group Interview - This will be done in a meeting room where the interviewers will sit in each corner of the room. You will be given a case study and told to come up with 3 key areas to make improvements to the company in the case study. The focus of this isn't the solutions, but how you behave and act. Once the team agrees on the 3 main areas they will improve you are asked to give a presentation to the interviewers on these ideas. How this is done in up to the team.

Interview Questions
    • State a time when asked to do something, and you weren't sure exactly what needed to be done   Answer Question
    n/a

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi.

Posted for job with resume. Interviewed with HR Specialist, Interviewed with hiring manager. Got a provisional response pending background check, security clearance, drug test etc. Then we waited for the results.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if an emergency situation came up and no one could help me with the decision?   View Answer
    I stated that the salary was less than most in that range. They stated that it was more that others in the company.

Vice President Process Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Applied through referral. Was contacted in 2weeks and was asked to come for a particular position.HR in the initial communication did mentioned i was required to fill a form so that they have record if i am not selected for the role. On attending the interview I was told I am being interviewed for another role. I was explained the role well and interviewers were polite.

Loss Mitigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Online application.
    Phone Interview- They asked general questions
    1:1 Interview - I really did not speak much the person interviewing me spoke the whole time.

The interview was the easiest part. He pretty much told me that I had the job.

Someone called, and advised me that Citi wanted to offer me a position. They advised me of the Salary, and i have 7 days to give them an answer.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

it was fine. i went through a couple of panel interviews. Not really different from any other type of interview process these days. interviewers were friendly and felt pretty much at ease talking with them

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

I reached out to a senior level employee who I had alum connections with and after 2 conversations she asked me if I would be interested in a 2 week work experience to get a sense of the company, the department, and the team. So really there was no interview unless you count the conversations as ones.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Very standard and efficient.. I recieved a call from the recruiter and was scheduled within a week for a one on one directly with the hiring manger. It was a pleasant experience

They were open but a slight amount