Citi

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.9

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2012.

1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
    2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
    3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Business Object Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citi.

Interview was a bit tough and tricky

IB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Applied online, followed up with cold calling and a phone pitch. Did three phone interviews that were mostly technical and IB related. The big surprise was in the AC- No technical questions but you get stretched with the business case and the other activities. Time management is key and you get evaluated against people with you in the AC.

Interview Questions
    • At&t wants to acquire a telecom company in Nigeria- Briefly discuss with me five points that you want to raise as an adviser to the client's meeting tomorrow?   View Answer

ECM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2013.

People are being pretty critical in the process. However, it is reasonable, as investment banks do not tolerate a lot of mistakes. Attention to detail is important as well.

Interview Questions
    • The most recent deal that Citi has closed in Greater China Area.   Answer Question

Commodities S&T Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through Citi's oncampus application. Then found out a few weeks later that I got the interview. I went into the interview and they asked me some tough questions, but it felt like more of a stress test because it was very unlikely that I would have the 'correct' answer and it was more about the thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the power market from top to bottom.
      Rank the marginal cost in order of least to greatest - nuclear, wind, solar, gas, crude

Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in July 2013.

The phone screen was relatively easy. An HR associate asks you general questions about your experience and education. The next step is an interview with the hiring manager, in this step two managers go over an interview in an office environment asking you about 10 questions about Stress mgmt, building customer loyalty, working under stress, facing a difficult situation. Providing examples of coaching, training and developing employees. They seem to look for a person who follows guidelines and keeps a consistent performance. Not into innovative managers or creative mindsets.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your weakness put you under stress and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Working hours and management

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2009.

Great hiring process, smooth communication, great job description and questions

Never accept first offers

Project Leader Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

2 - 3 phone or face to face interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

It was well coordinated by the recruiter. Set up meetings. Took time. Subsequently I've seen others that were conducted by other recruiters that were not well managed.

Requested % above current salary and we reached an agreement