Citi

866 candidate interviews

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Call from recruitment consultancy. Followed with initial screening. 4 Technical rounds 2 HR rounds. Process took 5+ weeks.

Interview Question – Everything which you presented in resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was unexpected. The citi environment is more important.

IT Management Associate Interview

IT Management Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Hiring process was tough for this program. It is a management training program. I went through 5 different interviews and a presentation to get this position. Overall the interviews were not bad and the people interviewing, while very busy with there daily work, set asside time to learn about you before your interview and have questions specifically designed to your experience.

Interview Question – I have been in the work force for a while. None of the questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation due to the fact that this was a IT Management training position.

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted within a few days of submission. Set up first round of interviews with the hiring manager and a colleague. Second with HR Generalist / secondary manager. Followed up with recruiter within 3 weeks since there was no communication. Recruiter called back with an offer, accepted, started with 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Technical questions (excel based)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate but should have.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume to their HK investment banking office on December, 2011. Then 3 round phone interviews, then I was reached out by two people in a industry group. The final round (superday) was in January, I met three people with 30min for each.

Interview Question – Compare Citi with my previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate.

Modeling/Scoring/Analysis Interview

Modeling/Scoring/Analysis
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details – Detail questions about the projects you write in your resume. Also asked a lot of questions involved in Monte Carlo, statistics, finance. 30 mins interview. all the questions are read by the interviewer.

Interview Question – recite heat equation.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Development Manager Interview

Senior Applications Development Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired as a contractor and then later on converted to an Full time Employee.

Interview Question – A situation where you failed.   Answer Question

Advanced Technology Associate Interview

Advanced Technology Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Citi used to have advanced technology associate position back in 2010. They recruited for this position from Masters program from universities in the north-east. Citi came for campus interview as Cornell. The interview process was very standard. One round of interview on campus. This round was more of a discussion and interests. After that 5-8 people were called for on-site interview in new york office. This was one full day interview with 4-5 people. Most of them were MDs and there were programming questions, java questions, behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What will you do if you are staying with friends in a house and there is a fire in near-by house. You friends dont want to leave but you want to leave   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Citi did not negotiate salary as I was a campus hire

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Got an on-campus interview call

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview consisting of probability and logical question

Interview Question – You have 100 coins on the table. 10 are heads, 90 are tails. You are blindfolded but you can arrange the coins. How can you make 2 piles of coins with the same number of heads?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Question – Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.