Citi

Average Difficulty
853 candidate interviews

Payroll Ops Interview

Payroll Ops

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR Recruiter located in a different state for a phone screen, then by a local HR Rep who schedule specific interview time with no allowance for earlier or later time for same day or even another day. Manager's are usually late 15-30 mins to interview and not conscious of candidate's time.

Interview Question – What is your biggest contribution that you have made in any of your past position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Question – Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Institutional Clients Summer Internship Program Interview

Institutional Clients Summer Internship Program

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview Details – I first learned about the company through a career fair on campus. The application is available online, and it is easy to complete by giving your basic information and also upload a cover letter and a resume. A follow-up email from the recruiter is received the second day after I submitted the application. We set up a phone interview and the process was fast and easy.

Interview Question – Tell me your role in a project team. What did you do to contribute toward a teamwork environment?   Answer Question

Collections Agent Interview

Collections Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2010.

Interview Details – When I started on, part of the selection process was an online application, followed by a questionnaire and then an online assessment. After that, was a brief phone interview that asked general questions. The final step was an in-person interview by one of the department managers that followed the STAR format of Situation, Task, Action and Result. This format covered scenario based examples and required an answer that explained the scenario, what the task you had to do in the scenario was, what action or actions were taken and the end result.

There was about 10 to 15 questions asked, and it depended on how quickly and succinctly you answered if you would get through all of them. As you answer the questiosns, the interviewer takes notes in different collums representing the Situation, Task, Action and Result to better assist in selection process.

Interview Question – Give me a time you were faced with a difficult co-worker, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was already pre-determined, irregardless of any additional or relevant experience brought "to the table." Starting wage of 11.00 an hour was below what I wanted, but I needed the work.

Customer Service & Sales Interview

Customer Service & Sales
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. I then received a call for an initial interview. Soon after, I had a second interview. There was a thorough background check and drug screening test.

Interview Question – The interviewer did not ask their own questions. It was extremely regimented. The interviewer had a booklet of questions with boxes for her to mark answers and observations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

Negotiation Details – as-is

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details – Received 45 minute interview as part of on-campus recruiting. Interviewer seemed very arrogant and not interested in getting to know me. I felt very disengaged and was very glad when the interview was over

Interview Question – Help me decide whether you'd be a good fit to work in a city   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Interview process was normal process. HR contacted for normal questions; Phone interview by hiring managers; invite to onsite interview for around 4 hours. no special questions: about last working experience...

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview Details – one round of interview as it was an ad-hoc posting and they needed people to work for them for the summer

Interview Question – what industries do you follow? Give me a stockpitch   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, super day 3 rounds of in-person interview