Citi

866 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details – Received 45 minute interview as part of on-campus recruiting. Interviewer seemed very arrogant and not interested in getting to know me. I felt very disengaged and was very glad when the interview was over

Interview Question – Help me decide whether you'd be a good fit to work in a city   View Answer

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, super day 3 rounds of in-person interview

Interview Question – Why you   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself?
talks about the job description
Relates work experience with resume

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer/client?   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

AML Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went through an employment agency, and took 3 tests(2 online and 1 in proctor's presence) prior to face-to-face-interview. Interviewed at Citi location, and was easier than many interviews I'd had prior.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to analyze results from beginning to completion.   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Human Resources Leadership Development Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – The recruiters were clueless and the hiring manager was mean.

Interview Question – None. The hiring manager didn't ask any.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

AML Analyst Interview

AML Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in October, interviewed in March, was told up front that this was a long process due to department re-structuring. Interview scheduled quickly after contacting for interview, and was offered the position the following day. Interviewers were cordial and the facilities were kept in good condition.

Interview Question – No true unexpected questions as I researched Citi and some AML information prior to the interview. Questions consisted of the usual 'about you' questions and the interviewer did not expect me to have an extensive knowledge of Citi or AML. Was allowed to ask questions about the position and Citi and the interviewer was very honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, firm offer and that was that, but the offer was substantially above my current salary

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Interview Question – What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Cashflow Modeling Associate Interview

Cashflow Modeling Associate
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – The process of interview is pretty much what you would expect from a typical interview. However, the interviewers have interviewed so many interviewees in one day so that they got tired at the end of the day. So if you are one of the last few interviewees in the day, you may find the interviewers being tired and their voice are low. It is much more difficult to impress them given they barely have the energy to dig into you.

Interview Question – Be prepared with technical questions. They may ask you basic questions about their products. They also ask about your computer skills or programing skills if you mentioned it on your resume. Some candidates say they were asked a lot of questions about database.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Finance Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online since Citi doesn't recruit directly from my school. I had a phone interview at first which was a customary phone interview where I told with an HR rep. The phone interview were all behavioral questions. I then got invited to the Super Day about a week after that. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each. I mainly got asked some behavioral questions and we went over my resume. Nothing technical but one of them did ask me about my accounting skills. The interviews really aren't that bad, just be confident and pitch yourself well. I got an offer 2 weeks after that and took it. 60K prorated salary & 2K housing stipend.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but two of the interviewers did ask me "Why Citi?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a summer analyst position so it's nonnegotiable

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview, just preliminary questions and general inquiries on my background and interests. Then a first round interview with four of the team leaders within the GIRM group--they were split up into two groups and I spent about 30 mins with each pair. Then after that was asked to come back and interview with a more senior analyst from New York. Made sure to curtail my conversation to areas that focused on credit analysis such as EBITDA, EBITDA multiples and margins, FCF, collateral, etc.

Interview Question – Most of your experience and interest seems to be on the equity side, what makes you want to be in credit/debt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation regarding salary