Citi Interview Questions

1,222 Interview Reviews

2.9

Circuit Optimization Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews and then never heard back again. They seemed a little disorganized and then they were very poor at getting back to you in a timely manner. I still don't know if they ever hired anyone. Poorly handled. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and work situations   1 Answer

Global Commercial Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a one day phone interview and then two weeks later was called for a Superday interview at their long island city office. I met with four different people all within the Risk division. the interview was pretty standard with all behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and laid-back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Citi's call center for a customer service job online on a Sunday night. The only application was very straight forward and consisted of a test; basic math skills, personality, and an area where you had to match account numbers. For the most part, it was easy so don't stress too much about it. The next day before noon, I got a call from the corporate office. They did a short little phone interview where they basically told me what the job was and the possible hours and double checked if that was still something I was interested in. I told them yes and she asked a few questions about my work history. I was then told that they would like to send me on to the next step which was an interview at the call center I'd be working at. She wanted to schedule it for the next day, which was Tuesday, but I sadly had to work at my current job so I had to go in on Wednesday. I arrived 10 minutes early to the call center on that Wednesday and was given a little badge and told to sit down and someone would be with me soon. Not 5 minutes later, a young man came out and took me back to do my interview. The first part was again reminding me of the job description and requirements and verifying that I was ok with all that. I was so he continued on to the second part which consisted of scenario based questions. I gave my best answers and could easily relate it to instances that happened at my current job. The entire interview probably took about 30 minutes and I was told that I would get a call within the next couple of days. I interviewed on a Wednesday and I got my call on that following Monday saying that I got the job! The entire process took a week, which was amazing! The phone call consisted of the hiring manager telling me what my pay would be, when training started, dress code, next steps, and creating an account so I could access important stuff like the I-9 and stuff. I made an appointment to get drug tested on the next day and returned to the call center to be fingerprinted on that Wednesday. HR conducted a background check and that took about a week. What's really nice is that there is a checklist online so you can see what's going on and when it passed. I start my training class in a week and I am very excited about it. I would recommend that if people want to apply for this job, they should have a clean background and don't get nervous about the interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

At a college career fair, I met a representative and spoke to him about an internship at Citi, as well as applied that night to the internship. Within a week, I received an email inviting me to an interview at my local Center for Career Development, which went awfully. The interviewer was difficult to understand, but he asked some good questions. (1) If there were 1000 blocks in a room numbered 1-1000, and a little kid randomly took one, what is the most efficient way to figure out which one the kid took? (Know that the original sum (500,500) and get the new sum without that block, and subtract them) (2) A lot of OOP questions. Be able to articulate the difference between inheritance and polymorphism, as well as encapsulation and data abstraction. I guess the interview wasn't as bad as I thought, because after about two weeks, I received another email inviting me to a Super Day. There were three 30-minute interviews, with an info session by an alumnus of the Sumer Technology Analyst position. Interview 1 : (1) How would I implement my own LinkedList, creating my own Node. (2) What does static mean? (Don't have to instantiate the class to access the variable) (3) What is the difference between an Object and a Class? (4) What is something that all Java classes inherit (the Object class). Interview 2: (1) If you had an array, filled with random numbers from 0-9, how would you put all the 0's at the end? (Traverse the array from both the beginning and the end. Every time there's a 0 at the front of the list, check the back of the list if the index the backChecker is on is a 0. If not, switch the numbers, if it is, then set the backChecker to the previous number, and do the same). (2) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList (3) Remove a certain character from a LinkedList without having any previous nodes. (i.e.) [1] -> [2] -> [3] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null]. Remove the 3, when your pointer starts on the 3. Really, what you want to do is set the 3 node.value = 4, making [1] -> [2] -> [4] -> [4] -> [5] -> [null], and then just deleting the next [4], by the method of (2). (4) What's the difference between an Object and a Class? (5) In Java, can you extend multiple abstract classes? Implement multiple interfaces? Why/why not? If you could, what problems would arise? Interview 3: This was more of a personality interview, with some coding questions. (1) What is your favorite piece of code you've written. Was this for class? (2) Have you worked in a team, for what? Was this for class? Did you take initiative? (3) Did everyone in the group participate equally in the project? (4) In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?) (5) With multithreading, does each thread have it's own stack? Why is that? (6) With multithreading, what is synchronization? (7) Can you extend multiple abstract classes? How about implementing interfaces? (C++ handles it differently in Java. I don't know C++, but I ventured to guess how it would deal with these issues).

Interview Questions

• In Java, when you pass a number into a function, are you passing a number or a reference? (Really, it was phrased differently, but very weirdly. You have a collection of numbers, and if you have a function that adds 5 to a number, do you change the number's value or just have a different number?)   Answer Question

Securities Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Very relaxed, a couple of accounting questions, and brain teasers. 3 different interview stages. They usually get back to you within 2 weeks and tell you if you've made it to the next stage. But I emailed my HR Representative every week. In my opinion, there's not much you can prepare for in regards to the brain teasers or personality questions. But know your basic accounting.

Interview Questions

• You have expenses paid of 100,000 in the beginning of the year but they are accounted for quarterly. Give me the journal entries of these transactions.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions

• For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone call then got invited to super day which consists of three interviews followed by a written test. Phone interview consisted of a lot of oop question. No algorithms tho. 1st round: went over resume and some oop questions. 2nd round : same 3rd round: it was more of an hr interview but he asked a couple of oop questions too.

Interview Questions

• some oop question. The written test was very lengthy, it had brain teasers, coding, sql and finance question. I took the interview on march 27 and still have not heard back so comment below if you are in the same boat.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rounds - first two were fine, the last was meh. If you know what you are doing you should pass with flying colors. The biggest obstacle is really the hiring manager getting enough time or rememberingn to process the paperwork.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started in Early February when I applied on Citi's website for a Middle Office Analyst position in Buffalo, NY. A few weeks (2 or so) later I was contacted by a Citi recruiter to ask me a few basic questions and tell me about the interview process. The next day, a Citi HR person contacted me to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for the first week of March. I went to the interview at Citi's building in Buffalo. The interview was described to me by one of the interviewers as being a super-day, meaning that I was to have two back to back interviews with three to four people interviewing me each time. The interviews were a half hour a piece and were very pleasant. The questions were very conversational in nature and there were a few technical questions thrown in to assess that I had some knowledge related to investment banking. The majority of the questions were focused on my resume. About two weeks after this interview I was contacted again by a Citi recruiter and told that I was selected to participate in a second round of interviews. This interview was SUPPOSED to be a telecom interview with four interviewers in NYC but because I was not close to the Buffalo office, HR arranged a phone interview instead. This was scheduled for the very end of March. The phone interview was less pleasant, only because it was hard to hear four people on speakerphone. Despite that, the interview was good. Most of the phone interview consisted of behavioral questions and questions pertaining to my resume. During this interview, I was told to follow up with the HR person I had been working with and was not given a time frame for when I would hear back despite having asked. I tried numerous times to contact my HR person and was never able to get in touch. It was not until mid May (approximately 7 weeks after the second interview) that I heard back from a Citi recruiter and was asked if I was interested in the job. I was offered a standard entry level compensation package and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• - What do you think about the Federal Reserve's current policies? - Tell us about your senior thesis. - Tell us about a time at work or at school where you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question