Citi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1ST-HR: There is an initial interview to review your resume and discuss experience to ensure you are a good fit for the position. Then HR passes your resume to the hiring manager. You are scheduled for an interview if the hiring manager agrees that you are a good fit. 2nd Interview is with a Departmental Mgr and Risk Mgr who complete an underwriter interview with you. They ask specific policy/guidelines for FNMA/FHLMC/FHA etc..depending on which area you will be working. I was even asked the formulas for income calculation, LTV, appraisal standards & adjustment maximums etc... They even asked questions to determine if you have good judgment/instinct. Two weeks after the interview, I was extended an offer contingent on my passing pre-employment. Others who were in training with me waited up to 5 weeks to receive an offer letter. Once received, paperwork is completed for the on-board process..fingerprints are done for background check..employment and credit were also checked. Once in training, we had to complete NMLS..either apply or transfer current NMLS to Citi.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions about tax returns..what line is this or that on and I had to bring the schedules in front of me to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they gave me what I asked for.

All Positions Posted Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through other source – interviewed at Citi.

Would not know as after my position was eliminated, I could never get another interview even after being with this company for 15 years, all I continued to get was that someone else was more qualified.

Assistant Vice President - Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through internal HR process - first round included interview with manager and case study, second round included 2 interviews with other managers, and final round was interview with group head

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   View Answer
    None. Take it or leave it.

Payroll Ops Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Contacted by HR Recruiter located in a different state for a phone screen, then by a local HR Rep who schedule specific interview time with no allowance for earlier or later time for same day or even another day. Manager's are usually late 15-30 mins to interview and not conscious of candidate's time.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest contribution that you have made in any of your past position?   Answer Question

Customer Service & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

I submitted my resume online. I then received a call for an initial interview. Soon after, I had a second interview. There was a thorough background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer did not ask their own questions. It was extremely regimented. The interviewer had a booklet of questions with boxes for her to mark answers and observations.   Answer Question
    No negation.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview process was normal process. HR contacted for normal questions; Phone interview by hiring managers; invite to onsite interview for around 4 hours. no special questions: about last working experience...

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

as-is

Institutional Clients Summer Internship Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I first learned about the company through a career fair on campus. The application is available online, and it is easy to complete by giving your basic information and also upload a cover letter and a resume. A follow-up email from the recruiter is received the second day after I submitted the application. We set up a phone interview and the process was fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your role in a project team. What did you do to contribute toward a teamwork environment?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Was reached out to by a recruiter, was interviewed by her initially, then had a phone interview with two people, then had a video conference interview with three people. The whole process went quite smoothly and they were very flexible and willing to work around the schedule of the position I held at the time.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just questions about my technical background (somewhat technical role), no cases   View Answer
    I negotiated a bit and it worked, I had a few other recruiters coming after me so I had leverage