Citi

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview followed by Superday interviews. They hired about half of the people who came in for the final round. Typical mix of fit and technical questions. I met with 3 senior bankers.

Interview Question – Someone asked about my SATs scores.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Did not proceed with actual interview due to Citi's inflexibility in interviewing/hiring process length.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview + superday. Some interviewers were obviously unprofessional (e.g. called me at the airport and had to hang out at security) but others were friendly and down-to-earth. Key is to find the right team and people for you. This might not be obvious in the beginning but 2-3 months into the job you will see what I mean

Interview Question – was asked about my hobbies   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online application (no numerical test or other tests) - first round telephone interview (3 interviews from Citi Hong Kong staff)

Invited to AC. Will go there soon.

Interview Question – What impact will Fed's bond tapering early next year have on global stock markets and why?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – What do you know about IB?
What your thoughts on long work hours?
IB Summer Internship?
What deal had done?
Follow up Question: Research on Industry Section of the deal you had worked on
Do you follow the news on Finance Industry?

Interview Question – How to value a pencil?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – Typical first round interview. Walk through of the resume, strength and weaknesses followed by personality based questions. A few general knowledge of finance questions.

Interview Question – Finance questions were relatively general. Explain how the balance sheet and cash flow statement tie together.   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred internally for an interview with a first year analyst from my university, I had a half an hour phone call with the analyst. He asked me some questions I may have not been prepared enough.

Interview Question – How would you Value a stock?   View Answer

New York, NY

I interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – networking is vital

Interview Question – difference between TIPS and I bond   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus Recruiting at a target university in NYC

Interview Questions

• Go through the European Debt crisis from the beginning to the current. What is the main driver that is making the crisis persistent up to now and what would be the solution in your opinion?   Answer Question
  • Tell me an instance when you had an argument with your superior and convinced him/her   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)

Interview Question – Name the valuation methods in Chinese.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!