Citi

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Can enterprise value ever be negative?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2012.

1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
    2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
    3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in October 2009.

Didn't know much about investment banking, came from Math/Econ background so figured why not try it out? Waited in lobby for interview for very long time, they finally came out to get me 45 minutes later. Asked basic detailed accounting and valuation questions, questioned my commitment to banking given my lack of an i-banking internship. Pretty much told me they were looking for someone with more experience right there in the room. Didn't get 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • If there were to be a biography written about you, what would the title be?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in May 2008.

I went through an on campus interview and about 15 other interviews, including one over lunch, before I was given an offer. The interviews consisted of 1 on 1 interviews as well as a group/tag team interview. Many of the questions regarded my financial knowledge, passion for the markets, and ability to use excel.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2009.

Interviewed with an associate and vice president. Followed the typical IB protocol: walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, and then some technical questions, and lastly some time for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why is minority interest subtracted out in calculation of free cash flow?   Answer Question
    • Why would you use one multiple over another for a certain industry?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in September 2010.

Since I am studying in the States and the job was in Hong Kong, I went through 3 phone interviews. The first two was with the MD and the VP. These were more casual. They asked me basic questions, walked through my resume and told me about what it would be like to work there. I thought I did pretty good on these two but the third phone interview with the Associate stopped me from going further. I suppose when they assign their employees to interview candidate, they specified what they were responsible for (i.e., technical or behavioral). I think the Associate was responsible for technical because he kept drilling me on what kind of quantitative analysis I have used in the projects I did. If there are methods he mentioned but I never used, I will try to convert the topic and bit but he wouldn't buy it. He would just keep asking if I used some other valuation.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

2 Interviewers started with brain teasers and then accounting technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Sale of PP&E (BV = $100) with gain of $20. How does this affect three financial statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Had a phone interview several weeks after applying online...later than most of the other investment banks had already dished out offers or said no. Analyst asked me general questions about interests (why investment banking? past internships? blah blah) and then guided me through basic technical questions (two similar companies, different P/E's...why?). Thought I did OK. Followed by a Super Day 4 days later, which had 3 interviews---one more fit, and two more technical

Interview Questions
    • Take two currently identical companies. One has a higher P/E ratio than another. Why could this be?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in January 2013.

On Campus Recruiting at a target university in NYC

Interview Questions
    • Go through the European Debt crisis from the beginning to the current. What is the main driver that is making the crisis persistent up to now and what would be the solution in your opinion?   Answer Question
    • Tell me an instance when you had an argument with your superior and convinced him/her   Answer Question