Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

3.5

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews for first round. Asked me about the fluency of language I put down (Chinese)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Did not proceed with actual interview due to Citi's inflexibility in interviewing/hiring process length.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

All the basic banking interview questions (valuation, walk me through your resume, etc). Spent a lot of time going through my background. Overall, not very challenging. I think others might have had different questions.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. I had already been in the process elsewhere so I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very quick process, 3 stages for the summer internship, the same for full time. Good to know many languages - big selling point for Citi. They tend to select people from top universities, love Oxbridge, LSE, Science Po, etc. Read FT before the interview, they like hearing about the deals that Citi did recently

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was part behavioral, and then part technical. Fairly typical of an entry level investment banking interview. The first round phone screen (which was mostly behavioral), 2nd round in-person superday. After the superday, they called fairly quickly with the offer. The interview in-person was a 1x1, but I heard sometimes it's 2x1 or more. Overall a fair, efficient, and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what stock you like right now and why? Walk me through the three financial statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by Superday interviews. They hired about half of the people who came in for the final round. Typical mix of fit and technical questions. I met with 3 senior bankers.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

networking is vital

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview

A position was posted for an experienced IB analyst and I had the pre-requisite experience. It was a quick process given that I had been in contact with this group from my days interviewing in undergrad. Small team that made a quick decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into our specific industry group   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interview

Short, 30 minute phone interview. Very technical questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer is very friendly and helpful. We had a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• What firm evaluation methods do you know.   1 Answer