Citi Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 30, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had 7 interviews, 6 1-2-1's standard 'talk me through your CV and give me examples when....' type of questions and a standard HR interview (but 1-2-1's continued after the HR interview).

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions and a few scenario based questions but if you have enough experience it wouldn't be taxing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered more than the number I stated but Citi were aware that I had other offers and was in the middle of other interview processes

Human Resources Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied in November

Heard back in April, and had first-round interview.

First round: comprised by two interviews with a short break in between them. The questions were competency-based, asking me to recall specific situations where I have had to, for example, work under stress, solve a difficult problem, deal with a difficult person, how I handle teamwork etc. The interviewers were professional, but also friendly, and took time to share their personal experiences. This was particularly helpful for the final round, because they give you some great reasons to work for Citi which you can later mention.

Final round: most challenging but rewarding recruitment procedure I have faced.
    -Time to prepare personal presentation (acquisition and merger from HR perspective)
    -Giving personal presentation
    -Two interviews with senior HRSS professionals (which were less competency-based, and more behavioural-personal. They wanted to know what motivated me, why HR, why Citi etc.)
    -Group task (Merger planning)

Overall a challenging but fun experience, and wanted to join Citi even more after having been in extensive contact with their staff. Very professional, as well as courteous and curious personalities at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question

CMO, Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Online application, numerical test, then final round interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to value a company using various different techniques   Answer Question

Did not want to do a placement

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

No preliminary round. Only one final AC comprehending 4 interviews, one case study with individual presentation, one group case study and two tests (one verbal, one quantitative)

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews plus a initial telephone interview. both technical and general aptitude type questions, competency based questions

Interview Questions

• alot of people think of themselves as incident manager but they arent. Why do you think you are a good incident manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negiotated the salary visa the recruitment consultant who was very helpful.

Summer Analyst CTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to take the online assessment tests. 2 or 3 days later I was emailed letting me know I had a first round interview. They were really nice, mostly fit questions and motivation. The next stage was an on site assessment center involving 3 one on one interviews, and a banking case study in front of a panel which was reasonably technical, followed by another round of assessment tests to prove you were the test taker. Very nice and supportive interviewers, but know what the division does and what the position involves going in.

Interview Questions

• Whats your opinion on the European sovereign debt crisis? Whats driving it and what do you think are Citi's biggest concerns from a GTS perspective?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

there was various stages, all quite tough with lots of competition for places. i found the interview process average with some tough questions and some rather easy to answer. i was asked a lot of questions with regards to what i would be doing, i was able to answer them but not perfectly as i didn't have any experience in the field.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

1st- Group interview with 5 more candidates.
    2nd - Group interview with another candidate.
    3rd(final)- Three individual interview.

Mostly they asked why IB and what is your strength.

CMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Final round - AC.

Numerical + Verbal test - on pcs
    Case study - Info from a booklet was used to form a presentation
    3 fit interviews + 1 presentation
    Group exercise

Interview Questions

• She told me to look out the window and analyse a building site   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

There were two rounds in the interview process. Before this there was CV screening and competency tests. The first round consisted of 2 or 3 half an hour interviews and another competency test. The assessment centre that followed was 4 half an hour interviews with a piece of group work and an individual presentation. There were a few brain teasers but many questions regarding motive for joining the industry and current market activity.

Interview Questions

• If you have a chess board and two of the corner squares are removed and then you had dominoes where by each domino filled two squares of the chess board, with these pieces removed could you completely fill the remaining chess board squares with no gaps.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations